Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #573
View in linear mode

Subject: "Quick question" Previous topic | Next topic
1TuffRSNov-05-01 02:44 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#573, "Quick question"

I installed RF speakers in my ride this past weekend and bought 6x9 speaker pods for the rear. Unfortunately the rear driver side pod doesnt fit as perfect as the passenger side and I could not tighten it down enough and now the shit is rattling and getting on my nerves. would putting dynomat around the pod help?? I heard that this is expensive, if so is there a cheaper option??

-Toney
'97 RS
GST exhaust, modded intake w/ k&n, axxis pads, Hurricane_GS shifter,
Rockford Fosgate MP3 Player & speakers
TDaug@yahoo.com

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT
88 Toyota Supra NA-T (w/ sports package)
Got Boost?? Hell yeah I-6 turbo powah baby!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Quick question, toykilla, Nov-05-01 06:05 PM, #1
RE: Quick question, 1TuffRS, Nov-06-01 01:27 AM, #2
      RE: Quick question, toykilla, Nov-06-01 07:01 AM, #3
           RE: Quick question, 1TuffRS, Nov-06-01 03:06 PM, #4
                RE: Quick question, 1TuffRS, Nov-07-01 01:45 PM, #5
                     RE: Quick question, EvMan2345, Nov-07-01 02:02 PM, #6

toykillaNov-05-01 06:05 PM
Old School 2GNTer
881 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#574, "RE: Quick question"
In response to Reply # 0

spray on rubber. same thing but HELLA cheaper. it works, trust me. I had a $4000 stereo and I didnt hear a single rattle. did my whole car with just 3 cans of it. 2 for the back end alone because thats where most of the rattling is and I took out all that crap that comes in the car (stock) to deaden the sound and sprayed everywhere else. with just 1 can. door panels and rear panels. NO RATTLING!! I even sprayed my damn license plate. =) not a rattle!!

Robert Parkhurst
toykilla@comcast.net

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

1TuffRSNov-06-01 01:27 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#575, "RE: Quick question"
In response to Reply # 1

Where can I get that from???

-Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed
GST exhaust | custom cold air intake | axxis pads | Hurricane_GS shifter | Progress Springs | Rockford Fosgate MP3 Player & Speakers
TDaug@yahoo.com

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT

toykillaNov-06-01 07:01 AM
Old School 2GNTer
881 posts,
#576, "RE: Quick question"
In response to Reply # 2

trak auto has it

Robert Parkhurst
toykilla@comcast.net

1TuffRSNov-06-01 03:06 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#577, "RE: Quick question"
In response to Reply # 3

Who is trak auto??? I have never heard of them

-Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed
GST exhaust | custom cold air intake | axxis pads | Hurricane_GS shifter | Progress Springs | Rockford Fosgate MP3 Player & Speakers
TDaug@yahoo.com

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT

1TuffRSNov-07-01 01:45 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#578, "RE: Quick question"
In response to Reply # 4

toykilla??

-Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed
TDaug@yahoo.com

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT

EvMan2345Nov-07-01 02:02 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
#579, "RE: Quick question"
In response to Reply # 5

trak auto is like an auto zone, or pepboys type of store

Evan
97 Eclipse GS
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

Evan B
02 Explorer
97 GS- sold
90 GSX-sold
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #573 Previous topic | Next topic