Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #5711
View in linear mode

Subject: "DEI Pain Generator" Previous topic | Next topic
djtrickeeMar-28-03 09:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5711, "DEI Pain Generator"

I just bought a pain generator siren today and want to install it over the weekend. I already have a DEI Python alarm and wanted to know the easiest way of hooking this up. Should I just splice into the current sirens wires? Where did you all mount your internal siren?
Thanks,
Chris b.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: DEI Pain Generator, MCubed45, Mar-28-03 09:47 AM, #1
RE: DEI Pain Generator, TeamXtremeRS, Mar-28-03 02:20 PM, #2
      RE: DEI Pain Generator, MCubed45, Mar-28-03 02:33 PM, #3
      RE: DEI Pain Generator, MCubed45, Mar-28-03 02:33 PM, #4
      RE: DEI Pain Generator, djtrickee, Mar-28-03 02:35 PM, #5
           RE: DEI Pain Generator, TeamXtremeRS, Mar-28-03 04:42 PM, #6
                RE: DEI Pain Generator, WickedESi, Apr-01-03 09:45 PM, #7
                     RE: DEI Pain Generator, fasterGS, Apr-01-03 10:05 PM, #8
                          RE: DEI Pain Generator, WickedESi, Apr-02-03 09:17 PM, #9
                               RE: DEI Pain Generator, 9D9 MITSU RS, Apr-03-03 03:35 PM, #10
                                    RE: DEI Pain Generator, oMInOUs97RS, Apr-10-03 08:01 AM, #11

MCubed45Mar-28-03 09:47 AM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5713, "RE: DEI Pain Generator"
In response to Reply # 0

i'm not sure but i know there's a limit on the output from the alarm. like it can only supply a certain amount of current. idk how much the pain generators draw though.. if current's an issue you just need a relay to power the pain generators:

86 +12v signal to existing siren
85 ground
30 to pain generator + lead
87 +12v constant
87a not used

then just ground the - lead of the pain generator.

-marc

='95 RS 5spd Red=
Matrix CAI
A'pexi Turbo N1
Hanabi 8000k HID
SPAL Deluxe Power Windows
Nakayama GT5 17's
GSX Calipers
AEM Rotors

255 is fricken short

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamXtremeRSMar-28-03 02:20 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#5719, "RE: DEI Pain Generator"
In response to Reply # 1

those pain gen use very little current. You will be fine tapping off of the main siren wiring.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

MCubed45Mar-28-03 02:33 PM
2706 posts,
#5720, "RE: DEI Pain Generator"
In response to Reply # 2

ok cool. that makes it way easier. hey extreme, d'you know off hand how much current the output on DEI viper alarms can handle? would tapping in a second regular siren (to put inside the car) be alright? how much current do regular sirens draw?

-marc

='95 RS 5spd Red=
Matrix CAI
A'pexi Turbo N1
Hanabi 8000k HID
Nakayama GT5 17's
GSX Calipers
AEM Rotors

255 is fricken short

MCubed45Mar-28-03 02:33 PM
2706 posts,
#5721, "RE: DEI Pain Generator"
In response to Reply # 2
Mar-28-03 02:34 PM by MCubed45

sry double post

-marc

='95 RS 5spd Red=
Matrix CAI
A'pexi Turbo N1
Hanabi 8000k HID
Nakayama GT5 17's
GSX Calipers
AEM Rotors

255 is fricken short

djtrickeeMar-28-03 02:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#5722, "RE: DEI Pain Generator"
In response to Reply # 2

Where do you guys have yours mounted/hidden?
I was thinking behind one of those fake grills below the steering wheel or next to the glove compartment.
-Chris b.

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

TeamXtremeRSMar-28-03 04:42 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#5723, "RE: DEI Pain Generator"
In response to Reply # 5

I used to run 2 main sirens on one of my old cars witout any problems. As for how much current the brain can handle, i'm not sure on exact numbers, but running 2 main big sirens will be fine. IMO, dont go over that unless you use a relay to power up additional sirens. YOu can put that PG anywhere you want really. Inside vents is an excellent location, as its hard to get at them, and also is hard to find them.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

WickedESiApr-01-03 09:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#5765, "RE: DEI Pain Generator"
In response to Reply # 6
Apr-01-03 09:45 PM by WickedESi

How big is a pain generator?

What kind of sound do they produce?

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

fasterGSApr-01-03 10:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5766, "RE: DEI Pain Generator"
In response to Reply # 7

>How big is a pain generator?
>
>What kind of sound do they produce?

They are pretty small, and they produce the kind of noice that does permanent ear damage if the would be theives stay in the car. I'd get one but I would be afraid it would go off on me or something.

WickedESiApr-02-03 09:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#5778, "RE: DEI Pain Generator"
In response to Reply # 8

Hah, for real. They had this show on TV w/ the most dangerous car alarms, and one had flame throwers that came out of the sides of the car, and one had tear gas that came from the center console.

What if you accidently tripped your alarm!?

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

9D9 MITSU RSApr-03-03 03:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#5783, "RE: DEI Pain Generator"
In response to Reply # 9

how much do these pain generators run? I need some loud shit

oMInOUs97RSApr-10-03 08:01 AM
Member since Mar 22nd 2002
394 posts,
#5826, "RE: DEI Pain Generator"
In response to Reply # 10

P/N DEI 513T
Usually runs about 20 bux
I have one in my hatch, one under my radio somewhere hidden, and one under the steering column.... needless to say it's loud!

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
-Albert Einstein

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #5711 Previous topic | Next topic