Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #5648
View in linear mode

Subject: "Amp and Subs In... Tail Lights and Dash Lights Out...HELP ASAP!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
Sir ZyrionMar-23-03 10:24 AM
Member since Aug 30th 2002
24 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5648, "Amp and Subs In... Tail Lights and Dash Lights Out...HELP ASAP!!!"

Someone help! I installed my amp and subs last night, and i fried something but I don't know what it is. I was running the power cable through the center console, (with the battery still connected 'cause I'm smart ) and it touched something in the dash. Sparks... then the stereo system worked fine. When I turn the headlights on, the dash and the tail lights won't come on (spedometer, etc.) but the gagues, headlights, and turn signals work. I need to know what I fried and how to fix it as soon as possible (preferably before sunset). Thanks again!

-Sir Zyrion
"Gemini GS"

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

SPL_EclipseMar-23-03 11:18 AM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5650, "RE: Amp and Subs In... Tail Lights and Dash Lights Out...HELP ASAP!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

lol...ive done similar before. guess you have to make mistakes to learn a lesson.

get a fuse checker from autozone (or the like) and check all the fuses. you probably blew at least a couple. i doubt you did any serious damage.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

MCubed45Mar-23-03 02:21 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#5651, "RE: Amp and Subs In... Tail Lights and Dash Lights Out...HELP ASAP!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

lol ouch. ya check your fuses. that power cable is connected to the + side of the battery. you know what the whole chasis of the car is? the negative terminal! essentially what you're doing when you touch that + cable to anything connected to the chasis is connecting the two terminals of the battery together. hehe not good.

-marc

='95 RS 5spd Red=
CAI
A'pexi N1
Hanabi 8000k HID
SPAL Deluxe Power Windows
Nakayama GT5 17's
GSX Calipers
AEM Rotors

255 is fricken short

Chris_FLMar-23-03 04:58 PM
Old School 2GNTer
926 posts,
#5655, "RE: Amp and Subs In... Tail Lights and Dash Lights Out...HELP ASAP!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

You never know, but did you check your dimmer switch?

http://www.snappydsl.net/ctoledo/

EvMan2345Mar-23-03 05:21 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
#5656, "RE: Amp and Subs In... Tail Lights and Dash Lights Out...HELP ASAP!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

your tail light fuse controls tail lights and inside gauges.

Evan B
97 GS
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

(Its actually stock sarrono red, but my digicam sucks, so it looks like a different color)

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #5648 Previous topic | Next topic