Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #5473
View in linear mode

Subject: "12" chrome subs" Previous topic | Next topic
Artelmo99Mar-01-03 05:02 PM
Member since Dec 15th 2002
64 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5473, "12" chrome subs"

Bought this box and speakers from some guy who just needed money not bad for one hundred dollars.

Now question they make the ass of my car vibrate like no other, I swear to me it sounds like crap and thinking about moving them to my back seat or something. Any ideas?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

SPL_EclipseMar-01-03 08:47 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5478, "RE: 12" chrome subs"
In response to Reply # 0

ugg...i hate tiny bandpass boxes. does that actually sound good (despite the obvious trunk rattling)? im not trying to say you should get anything different or anything, i think you got a damn good deal. im just wondering.

the obvious thing to do would be to point the vents toward the front of the car instead of towards the hatch. the cancellation due to the lack of slot-loading should be minimal, if any, so the sound should remain the same without the pressure wave hitting the hatch panels. if you put the subs in the back seat, you will be sorely dissapointed in the sound. youll loose a lot of the low frequency info to destructive interference. depending on what kinds of music you listen to, this might be OK. you can try it out to see how that works.

i have a feeling, however, that youve got a nice job of rattle-proofing in front of you. your goal is to find out exactly what is rattling, and youll need to use a CD with various high and low bass notes on it to catch everything. you can track down the panel by playing a test tone, hearing a rattle, and moving your hand across the panels to determine wich one is at fault. then, you can use sound damping material (dynamat, etc..) to lower the resonant frequency of the panel, and use felt, carpet, etc. stuffed between the edge of the panel and the contact surface to eliminate the rattles at the edge of the panel.

you should also check you liscence plate and your rear wiper to make sure they arent rattling on the outside. hell, my front wipers bounce a good quarter inch off the windshield when the systems up. if the hatch itself is moving, you might want to wrap the hatch lock bar (the part where the hatch lock attaches to) with a thin fabric. this will tighten up the hatch and might get rid of excess movement.

basically its going to be a PITA to do, its all about being resourceful and taking the time to figure out what is causing the noise. after youve figured that out, its a matter of experimenting to see what gets rid of it.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Artelmo99Mar-01-03 09:17 PM
Member since Dec 15th 2002
64 posts,
#5479, "RE: 12" chrome subs"
In response to Reply # 1

It sounds sweet pushing about 1200 watts to the subs right now they hit so hard my girlfriends hair flys forward in the front seat. Its not distorted or anything its actually very clear for being single coil subs. Now I'm just wondering if anyone has had to dynamat there eclipse in the rear? I've check my spare tire well and took out all things metal in there but it just seems that everything in the ass end is vibrating. When your in the car you cant hear it obviously! Now i've fixed the whole license plate thing it makes no noise it just seems its the whole ass end

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #5473 Previous topic | Next topic