Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #5126
View in linear mode

Subject: "need help wireing TV" Previous topic | Next topic
99Silver1100Jan-22-03 09:28 AM
Member since Jan 27th 2002
169 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5126, "need help wireing TV"

I bought a small lcd tv off a friend last week and I just finnished mounting it.

My question is: how do I go about hooking up a ps2 to it? It dosent have the yellow/red/white plugs in it, it just has a head phone jack that says "av in" and another that says "av out"

thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

SPL_EclipseJan-22-03 11:59 AM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5128, "RE: need help wireing TV"
In response to Reply # 0

there should be another cord that plugs into that little mini jack that will have extentions for the a/v rca style plugs. sounds like you are missing a piece.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

fasterGSJan-22-03 05:32 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5131, "RE: need help wireing TV"
In response to Reply # 1

Does the LCD have audio as well? I would put the audio through your deck so it comes out the speakers, IF you have the capabilities on your deck.

You can buy the headphone jack to RCA jack adapter at Radio Schack, its like three bucks.

SPL_EclipseJan-22-03 06:33 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
#5132, "RE: need help wireing TV"
In response to Reply # 2

^^^^you can buy the plug mentioned above, but only if its JUST the audio portion. my LCD, for example, has all three plugsd in one, and im not sure if you could buy that piece in any electronics store (well, you probably COULD, but youd need to know what to hook to the +s and -s to make it work correctly).

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

JUNJUN712Jan-23-03 06:47 PM
Old School 2GNTer
238 posts,
#5137, "RE: need help wireing TV"
In response to Reply # 3

I got the connector from radio shack...

KaptainMykeJan-24-03 08:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
10179 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#5141, "RE: need help wireing TV"
In response to Reply # 4

With that kind of screen you are going to need some kind of "brain" to hook things up to.

For instance, my av/out goes into my video in on the back of my dvd player/tv tuner/mp3 player. On the front of the unit is my 3 rca plugs. That is where I plug in my psone, or my xbox, and my video camera. You need something to "talk" to the lcd screen with.

The audio? The only way your audio is going to work is to get a am/fm modulator, that allows u to change it to station 87.9 FM or some bullshit station and that will feed your audio input from your "brain" or ps2/xbox/whatever.

You are missing alot dood. You cant' make it all happen with just a screen. You're 35% there.

https://www.kaptainmyke.com

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #5126 Previous topic | Next topic