Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #5012
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Will it fit? will it work? will the wiring work? XtremeRS? anyone?" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
Weezle745Jan-08-03 08:01 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4068 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5012, "Will it fit? will it work? will the wiring work? XtremeRS? anyone?"

Will a stock eclipse CD player work in an early 90's Toyota Camry? I need to know quick because I am buying one for my GFs car and dont want to waste my money. what is all involved in making it work?

Thanks

--- My 2gnt WIKI contribution ---> http://www.jamlez.com/2gnt

97 Eclipse Spyder

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
a_miller_76Jan-08-03 08:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5013, "RE: Will it fit? will it work? will the wiring work? XtremeRS? anyone?"
In response to Reply # 0

Sorry I didn't get back to you in a PM. If you get the plug from Metra that replaces the factory plugs (they make them) then get a metra plug that goes onto the Toyota harness and wire the two together. It's just color to color.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Weezle745Jan-09-03 05:49 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4068 posts,
#5014, "RE: Will it fit? will it work? will the wiring work? XtremeRS? anyone?"
In response to Reply # 1

anymore input? ^ (amiller) is the seller so I dont trust what he says j/k. nah but if anyone else has any info it is greatly appreciated.

97 Eclipse Spyder

fasterGSJan-09-03 10:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5015, "RE: Will it fit? will it work? will the wiring work? XtremeRS? anyone?"
In response to Reply # 2

Yup, it SHOULD work. Youd have to get two harneses, one that the toyota harness plugs into, and one that replaces the Mitsu. harness that plugs into the radio. Then just wire them together like he said. The colors are standardized.

TeamXtremeRSJan-09-03 11:11 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#5016, "RE: Will it fit? will it work? will the wiring work? XtremeRS? anyone?"
In response to Reply # 3

yeah it should work fine. The only thing now to worry about is how to mount the radio in there

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Weezle745Jan-09-03 11:18 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4068 posts,
#5017, "RE: Will it fit? will it work? will the wiring work? XtremeRS? anyone?"
In response to Reply # 4

>yeah it should work fine. The only thing now to worry about
>is how to mount the radio in there

oh oh, what do you mean? will it not fit? sorry but i dont know anything when it comes to headunits.

97 Eclipse Spyder

fasterGSJan-09-03 01:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5018, "RE: Will it fit? will it work? will the wiring work? XtremeRS? anyone?"
In response to Reply # 5

Well Toyota radios mount totally different than DSM radios... so you might have to make a custom bracket or something. Or lots of duct tape

Weezle745Jan-09-03 04:38 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4068 posts,
#5019, "RE: Will it fit? will it work? will the wiring work? XtremeRS? anyone?"
In response to Reply # 6

will an aftermarket one fit in a toyota without modification? or special mounting brackets?

will an eclipse CD player fit in a Ford Contour without modification?

thanks for all the help.

97 Eclipse Spyder

mkerleyJan-10-03 12:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
944 posts,
#5020, "RE: Will it fit? will it work? will the wiring work? XtremeRS? anyone?"
In response to Reply # 7

The radio in my celica (toyota) and my eclipse mounted exactly the same way. My ex-gf's camry had the same radio as my celica as well. I don't know why they would mount differently.

99GS MT | Star Stage 2 | GC coilovers | HurriganeGS tie bars | Tokico Illuminas | 17x7 Enkei RS5 | Baer track brakes |+

SPL_EclipseJan-10-03 02:32 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
#5021, "RE: Will it fit? will it work? will the wiring work? XtremeRS? anyone?"
In response to Reply # 8

i THINK that the eclipse radio will fit both applications, but im not sure. im more positive that it will fit in a contour than the camry though. i sure theres a way to ghetto-rig it though, so it might not look good but you can probably get it in there.

my girlfriend drives a 99 contour, so ill check tomaro and see what it looks like in there. of course, i only had the stock radio and bracket and all supports inside my eclipse for one day after i bought it, but i think i can remember what it looked like.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

Weezle745Jan-16-03 11:23 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4068 posts,
#5051, "RE: Will it fit? will it work? will the wiring work? XtremeRS? anyone?"
In response to Reply # 9

any more info?

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #5012 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic