Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #4873
View in threaded mode

Subject: "good 6x9 suggestions" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
LunarEclipseDec-16-02 09:06 PM
Old School 2GNTer
788 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4873, "good 6x9 suggestions"

I think this is my first time posting in this section, anyways, I blew out my passenger door 6x9, so I want to replace both sides with something even better. I have an upgraded factory Infiniti system with the preamp underneath the passerger seat. anyone know what I could put in place of the factory 6x9 that still uses the factory preamp and everything else? I want someting better than stock.tia

www.artexmusic.com

97' grey gs/Greddy EVO catback/Greddy header/AEM cai/afx udp/dropped on 2" sprints

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
jerseystyle1Dec-17-02 11:55 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
3135 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4874, "RE: good 6x9 suggestions"
In response to Reply # 0

Stock 6x9's in the doors?

Allan
2008 Magnetic Black 350z NISMO /1976 Austin Mini 1098 Special (export)

Member# 1980

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

LeakyMitsuDec-18-02 09:13 AM
Member since Nov 15th 2002
311 posts,
#4875, "RE: good 6x9 suggestions"
In response to Reply # 1

dude, first of all your car is a freak!haha, my car had 5 1/4 in the doors and 6 1/2's in the rear. but if your looking for a good set of 6x9's you should listen to the rockford fanatics. i put some in an accord, running off a sony deck and they sounded great. hope that helps.
Brandon

djtrickeeDec-18-02 11:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#4876, "RE: good 6x9 suggestions"
In response to Reply # 2

I have never seen an eclipse that had 6 X 9's in the door...

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

MalenkoDec-19-02 06:15 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
#4877, "RE: good 6x9 suggestions"
In response to Reply # 3

thanks to my dremel there are 6x9s in my rear... they were so tight of a fit they arent screwed in and dont move at all.

Sony Xplode 6x9s if your curious, to match the SonyXplode CD/MP3 Head Unit, getting some pioneers for up front.

LunarEclipseDec-20-02 04:38 AM
Old School 2GNTer
788 posts,
#4878, "RE: good 6x9 suggestions"
In response to Reply # 4

well, maybe I don't have 6x9's, The guy at the swapmeet looked it up in my car and that is what it said though, I know I have an upgraded stereo system that is stock. 10 disk cd changer, amp under the passenger seat, and 6 speakers, two of which, as of now, I don't know the size. how would i find out for sure?

www.artexmusic.com

97' grey gs/Greddy EVO catback/Greddy header/AEM cai/afx udp/dropped on 2" sprints

Dont_need_8Dec-20-02 02:59 PM
Member since Aug 30th 2002
197 posts,
#4879, "RE: good 6x9 suggestions"
In response to Reply # 5

If you are talking about the speakers on either side of the back seat, they are probably 6x9. The ones in the door are probably 6.5" or a little larger. To know for sure you will have to remove the door panel or rear seat side panels.

AEM CAI, AFX Underdrive Pulley, Greddy Header, Tsudo N1 2.5 stainless catback, Homemade groundwire kit
17" Fondmetal 6500, Tokico Illuminas, Eibach Pro Kit Springs, Front Upper Strut Bar, Baer Track System, Drum to Disc, RMDSM Anti-sway bars front and rear.

LunarEclipseDec-23-02 04:47 AM
Old School 2GNTer
788 posts,
#4880, "RE: good 6x9 suggestions"
In response to Reply # 6

what could be the sizes of speakers on the side door panels? that should have been my question from the beginning, I have a 97 gs with a factory upgraded Infinity stereo system, It has the preamp underneath the passenger seat, the 10 disk cd changer in the back, and 6 speakers.

www.artexmusic.com

iamnotwhoiamDec-26-02 08:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
#4881, "RE: good 6x9 suggestions"
In response to Reply # 7

99% sure you have 6.5in speakers in your doors.. if u wan to upgrade i would look into component sets because more than likely u have tweeters in the dash with the infinity system.. components are usually 6.5 door speakers and tweeters all in one package.. but seperate pieces, along with a crossover which will be used to input the signal and then spread it between the door speaker and the tweeter. as far as brand.. any will probably do.. stick with good brand names like sony, kenwood, alpine, and the like. just gotta look first for your price range. to check out lots of choices head over to www.sounddomain.com or even www.crutchfield.com

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

DseclipseDec-26-02 08:49 AM
Member since Nov 16th 2002
29 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4882, "RE: good 6x9 suggestions"
In response to Reply # 0

Hey, do you have amp underneath the passenger seat and upgraded infinity system? Just playing. You said it about 4 times on the thread. I know for sound quality you prolly can't beat Focal. Anything Alpine is always awesome. JL' s are the sameway but dont know if the make 6x9's.

LunarEclipseDec-26-02 10:05 AM
Old School 2GNTer
788 posts,
#4883, "RE: good 6x9 suggestions"
In response to Reply # 9

so I am looking for tweeter also, I am not familiar with audio language at all, and I'm sorry, but did you mean 6 1/2's when you said 6.5. I have to buy the tweeters in the dash along with the side speakers plus the crossover, I think I am going to email you guys with some direct questions, I tired of listening to broken speaker sounds. thanks for replying though

www.artexmusic.com

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #4873 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic