Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #4685
View in linear mode

Subject: "Whatcha think about my new deck?" Previous topic | Next topic
fasterGSDec-02-02 10:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4685, "Whatcha think about my new deck?"

Whatcha stereo people think? I might put a system in my car so I thought this would be a good head unit to run it all. I got it for 287, whatcha think?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Whatcha think about my new deck?, xEclipsE RaceRx, Dec-02-02 03:04 PM, #1
RE: Whatcha think about my new deck?, fasterGS, Dec-02-02 03:10 PM, #2
      RE: Whatcha think about my new deck?, scirio, Dec-07-02 04:07 PM, #3
           RE: Whatcha think about my new deck?, fasterGS, Dec-07-02 04:13 PM, #4
                RE: Whatcha think about my new deck?, Teameclipse804, Dec-08-02 05:23 PM, #5
                     RE: Whatcha think about my new deck?, fasterGS, Dec-09-02 01:53 AM, #6
                     RE: Whatcha think about my new deck?, Teameclipse804, Dec-09-02 08:44 AM, #7
                          RE: Whatcha think about my new deck?, maximus95esi, Dec-17-02 05:52 PM, #8
                               RE: Whatcha think about my new deck?, 9D9 MITSU RS, Dec-18-02 07:01 AM, #9
                                    RE: Whatcha think about my new deck?, FlyinEsi, Dec-22-02 07:14 PM, #10
                                         RE: Whatcha think about my new deck?, fasterGS, Dec-23-02 07:17 PM, #11
                                              RE: Whatcha think about my new deck?, Dseclipse, Dec-26-02 08:45 AM, #12
                     RE: Whatcha think about my new deck?, 98RsT, Jan-07-03 06:15 AM, #19
                     RE: Whatcha think about my new deck?, Tman, Jan-08-03 12:02 PM, #22
RE: Whatcha think about my new deck?, berzerkled, Dec-29-02 09:25 AM, #13
RE: Whatcha think about my new deck?, berzerkled, Dec-31-02 04:30 AM, #14
      RE: Whatcha think about my new deck?, jamesman, Jan-02-03 06:51 AM, #15
           RE: Whatcha think about my new deck?, berzerkled, Jan-03-03 04:25 PM, #16
                RE: Whatcha think about my new deck?, fasterGS, Jan-05-03 03:57 PM, #17
                     RE: Whatcha think about my new deck?, berzerkled, Jan-06-03 09:40 AM, #18
                          RE: Whatcha think about my new deck?, 98gseclipse00, Jan-07-03 02:42 PM, #20
                               RE: Whatcha think about my new deck?, fasterGS, Jan-08-03 03:15 AM, #21

xEclipsE RaceRxDec-02-02 03:04 PM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
2982 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4686, "RE: Whatcha think about my new deck?"
In response to Reply # 0

Thats tight man...I Love Alpine...I have the blue face one (7893 model) they are tight as hell...yur gonna love it, hope you dont get yur window busted for that shit (knock on wood)

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 10th Anniversary OZ Edition
Check Out My Site For Pix
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/EclipseRaceR/MyEclipse/

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 10th Anniversary OZ Edition

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

fasterGSDec-02-02 03:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4687, "RE: Whatcha think about my new deck?"
In response to Reply # 1

Yeah that one is the 7894, I liked the 7893 but wasn't sure if it would look good in my car. Besides with the 7894 you can make the buttons orange, so it will match my interior.

Oh and bite your fuggin tongue about the breaking window thing, that has already happened once this year...

scirioDec-07-02 04:07 PM
Member since May 13th 2002
1637 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4688, "RE: Whatcha think about my new deck?"
In response to Reply # 2

I REALLLLLY want an alpine too and was looking at the 7894 but I just saw Alpine CDA-7995
is it good

-WILL

AIM - scirio
Got Boost? ...No.

Originally posted by a drunk DSMRoadster
drink now and nafter goddanti! celebaeration birches!

fasterGSDec-07-02 04:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
#4689, "RE: Whatcha think about my new deck?"
In response to Reply # 3

Yeah great deck, but keep in mind it does not have an internal amplifier so you will have to hook one up.

Teameclipse804Dec-08-02 05:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#4690, "RE: Whatcha think about my new deck?"
In response to Reply # 4

That's a nice head unit! But for anyone else shopping, I fell in love with my friend's new pioneer (with two faces - a pure black on the outside, which then flips down to another face with screen saver graphics, like the sony model). Here's a pic - Pioneer DEH-P8400. He got it for around 300 - plays mp3 cds too...

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

fasterGSDec-09-02 01:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
#4691, "RE: Whatcha think about my new deck?"
In response to Reply # 5

I looked at that one too but a couple things led me toward the alpine. One is the organic screen on the pioneers, too bright for my tastes. I had the 6300 and people thought I had neon in my car it was so bright. There was no way to turn it off either. Another thing was the mp3 capabilities of the Alpine. I read some reviews and a lot of people complained about the functionality of the pioneers mp3 player. They were saying it took a long time to switch tracks(like 3 or 4 seconds as appose to 1 second for the alpine.) Little things like that bug me, but im picky lol

Teameclipse804Dec-09-02 08:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#4692, "RE: Whatcha think about my new deck?"
In response to Reply # 6

Yeah I can see how the Pioneer screen can get a little too flashy and distracting. The Alpine is a lot simpler, and has a better user interface than Kenwoods imo. Good luck with the new head unit. I would highly recommend getting a couple of 10's in there. It makes driving a lot funner

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

maximus95esiDec-17-02 05:52 PM
Member since Nov 12th 2002
24 posts,
#4693, "RE: Whatcha think about my new deck?"
In response to Reply # 7

I had t he 7893 in my car, loved it, its strong as hell and loved the sub controls, then it got stolen. Now I've taken the insurance money and bought a 7894 b/c I want an mp3 player...and tis true subs make the drive all the better.....

"Dude, where's your car?"

"Dude, where's your car?"

9D9 MITSU RSDec-18-02 07:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#4694, "RE: Whatcha think about my new deck?"
In response to Reply # 8

My pioneer head unit sucked. Nothing but problems after about 2 years. It was constantly needing repair, cleaning, etc. I got a sony again. The one with the flashy flip down deal. I love it.

FlyinEsiDec-22-02 07:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#4695, "RE: Whatcha think about my new deck?"
In response to Reply # 9

Hey Jason, nice deck! My buddy just put that in his Civic (ugly car, nice deck) And ^^^ I'm pretty sure that has an internal amp, right, doesn't that deck have the V-Drive? Sweet Ass Deck...the imaging you can do with that deck is incredible! You'll love it, now just get some subs!

'98 Talon Esi
Apex'i N1 Catback Exhaust|Greddy 4-1 Header|Bosch Platinum +4 Plugs|Iceman CAI|Upper Front & Rear Strut Bars|

fasterGSDec-23-02 07:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
#4696, "RE: Whatcha think about my new deck?"
In response to Reply # 10

Yeah mine does have the internal amp, I was referring to the other model mentioned above when I said it didn't. yeah I need subs bad, although the extra power has made my stock speakers sound 10x better.

DseclipseDec-26-02 08:45 AM
Member since Nov 16th 2002
29 posts,
#4697, "RE: Whatcha think about my new deck?"
In response to Reply # 11

I'm getting that deck soon. My girlfriend is paying for it for my x-mas gift. So is everything you wanted?

98RsTJan-07-03 06:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1649 posts,
#4698, "RE: Whatcha think about my new deck?"
In response to Reply # 5

Yeah Marcus I just bought that deck about 3 weeks ago, for mid $200 range... It is a nice deck, adn you can't go wrong with Pioneer, and the effects are sweet... Looks good day or night.

-Danny

" We cannot appeal to the conscience of the world when our own conscience is asleep. " Carl von Ossiet

TmanJan-08-03 12:02 PM
Member since Jan 07th 2003
141 posts,
#4699, "RE: Whatcha think about my new deck?"
In response to Reply # 5

>He got it for
>around 300 - plays mp3 cds too...
>

Where did he find that cd player for $300? I think im in love with it too. Let me know.

-Trevor

berzerkledDec-29-02 09:25 AM
187 posts,
#4700, "RE: Whatcha think about my new deck?"
In response to Reply # 0

hey that 'ai/eq' thing on the bottom, should it be on or off? what difference does it make?

berzerkledDec-31-02 04:30 AM
187 posts,
#4701, "RE: Whatcha think about my new deck?"
In response to Reply # 13

?

jamesmanJan-02-03 06:51 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1339 posts,
#4702, "RE: Whatcha think about my new deck?"
In response to Reply # 14

you talking about that switch? on the side of the head unit?
lates
james

Rest In Peace Heidi Doggy

berzerkledJan-03-03 04:25 PM
187 posts,
#4703, "RE: Whatcha think about my new deck?"
In response to Reply # 15

no the one on the bottom

fasterGSJan-05-03 03:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
#4704, "RE: Whatcha think about my new deck?"
In response to Reply # 16

What button are you talking about?

berzerkledJan-06-03 09:40 AM
187 posts,
#4705, "RE: Whatcha think about my new deck?"
In response to Reply # 17

it's on the bottom of the deck man..the other side of it on the bottom

98gseclipse00Jan-07-03 02:42 PM
Member since Jan 12th 2002
182 posts,
#4706, "RE: Whatcha think about my new deck?"
In response to Reply # 18

nice head unit i have that one too but blue. Did you get it off ebay for that price? I got mine over 100 cheaper then retail..

Jeff

For Sale: 98 3Piece Spoiler email me
www.wrestlewarehouse.com

fasterGSJan-08-03 03:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
#4707, "RE: Whatcha think about my new deck?"
In response to Reply # 20

>it's on the bottom of the deck man..the other side of it on
>the bottom

I think that is for the input, because that deck can control some obscene number of cd changers.

>nice head unit i have that one too but blue. Did you get it
>off ebay for that price? I got mine over 100 cheaper then
>retail..

I got mine at www.discountsjungle.com
For some reason they had that one deck pretty cheap, all their other prices seem comparable.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #4685 Previous topic | Next topic