Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #4378
View in linear mode

Subject: "Alternative stereo locations." Previous topic | Next topic
DirtyOct-28-02 11:46 AM
Member since May 08th 2002
1405 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4378, "Alternative stereo locations."

I want to use the area that the stereo is mounted in and I don't want to use my center vents either. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas of a place to mount my stereo. Just need some ideas.

"Natty Ride"

http://dirty.thisfreedumb.com/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Alternative stereo locations., SPL_Eclipse, Oct-28-02 03:16 PM, #1
RE: Alternative stereo locations., EvMan2345, Oct-28-02 04:06 PM, #2
      RE: Alternative stereo locations., SPL_Eclipse, Oct-28-02 04:12 PM, #3
           RE: Alternative stereo locations., Dirty, Oct-29-02 08:59 AM, #4
                RE: Alternative stereo locations., m_berrow, Oct-31-02 12:38 AM, #5
                     RE: Alternative stereo locations., bedlam32570, Nov-01-02 07:37 PM, #6

SPL_EclipseOct-28-02 03:16 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4379, "RE: Alternative stereo locations."
In response to Reply # 0

if youre good with fiberglass, it can fit in the ashtray/cup holder spot, and will stick out to varying degrees depending on what angle you have it at(thats what the fiberglass is for). you can also take out the black plastic inner part of the center consol
(under the armrest), and put it right above the srs brain, sticking out the back of the consol (all youd have to do is cut the back out for the face to slide through). that might be kinda inconvenient though. havnt looked into it, but you can probably fiberglass it in somehow inbetween the top of the shifter and the stock location for the stereo, where the cig lighter is. you could modify the glove box so that its mounted inside and the face sticks out. that might be kinda inconvenient too, but if you have a remote it shouldnt be bad.

ive dont a LOT of investigating into this same question. even the center vents would be hard to do becasue the headunit will barly fit in there unless you put it in there at an angle.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

EvMan2345Oct-28-02 04:06 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
#4380, "RE: Alternative stereo locations."
In response to Reply # 1

i remember somebody mounting the faceplate where the rearview mirror is, and the other part was somewhere else

Evan B
97 GS
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

Evan B
02 Explorer
97 GS- sold
90 GSX-sold
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

SPL_EclipseOct-28-02 04:12 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
#4381, "RE: Alternative stereo locations."
In response to Reply # 2

ya, he had the face in the rearview and the body in the console location sticking backwards like one of the suggestions i gave. thats a bitch and a half to do though. i looked for the site but i cant find it anymore.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

DirtyOct-29-02 08:59 AM
Member since May 08th 2002
1405 posts,
#4382, "RE: Alternative stereo locations."
In response to Reply # 3

Thanx for the ideas. I thought about mounting it in the glove box cause I have a few carbon fiber panels, but I would need a 10 disc changer cause I wouldn't be able to reach it when driving. I want to use the space more than having a stereo, but I do listen to music sometimes. Maybe I dreamed this, but I thought I saw someone that had it mounted in the center part of the back seat with the face facing the front of the car. That would be cool but My back seats are coming out as soon as my wife gets another car. I'm just gonna have to think this shit over.

"Natty Ride"

http://dirty.thisfreedumb.com/

m_berrowOct-31-02 12:38 AM
Member since Feb 19th 2002
268 posts,
#4383, "RE: Alternative stereo locations."
In response to Reply # 4

i have mine in the airbag....not that difficult.

GS-N pssssst!

GS-N pssssst!

bedlam32570Nov-01-02 07:37 PM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
1240 posts,
#4384, "RE: Alternative stereo locations."
In response to Reply # 5

if you look on the faq on dsm.org, you might be able to find it there. i looked there and found the link but it doesn't work. i haven't contacted the guy who does the faq but maybe he can fix that.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #4378 Previous topic | Next topic