Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #3423
View in linear mode

Subject: "amp and sub" Previous topic | Next topic
dot9matrixJul-31-02 07:20 AM
Member since Dec 03rd 2001
13 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3423, "amp and sub"

I got a 12" MTX 6000 Sub rated at 50-250 Watts, my friend sold me his 300 Watt RF Amp. Is there anyway to make the amp only output 250 Watts. Sorry if this is a stupid question, i'm new to the audio stuff.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: amp and sub, BoostedGS, Jul-31-02 08:04 AM, #1
RE: amp and sub, jerseystyle1, Aug-03-02 04:59 AM, #2
      RE: amp and sub, farmdogg55, Aug-03-02 06:23 AM, #3
RE: amp and sub, CrazyEclipse, Aug-09-02 01:10 PM, #4
RE: amp and sub, Chris_FL, Aug-10-02 09:43 AM, #5
      RE: amp and sub, a_miller_76, Aug-12-02 03:37 AM, #6

BoostedGSJul-31-02 08:04 AM
Member since Jun 30th 2002
1329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3424, "RE: amp and sub"
In response to Reply # 0

Just don't turn the gain up all the way on the amp and you will be fine.

You are not your job.
You're not how much money you have in the bank.
You're not the car you drive.
You're not the contents of your wallet.
You're not your fu**ing post count.

97 Eclipse GS - *SOLD*
01 Audi A6 2.7T
01 YZF-R6

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

jerseystyle1Aug-03-02 04:59 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
3135 posts,
#3425, "RE: amp and sub"
In response to Reply # 1

Don't worry about over powering the sub. Just do like ^^^^^ said. Just keep the gains low on the amp where you don't hear any distortion from the sub and you will be just fine. You will damage a speaker quicker by under powering it then over powering it!

Allan
2008 Magnetic Black 350z NISMO /1976 Austin Mini 1098 Special (export)

Member# 1980

farmdogg55Aug-03-02 06:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2522 posts,
#3426, "RE: amp and sub"
In response to Reply # 2

yeah, and you should see what the RMS on the subs are. but you should be fine, just tune it until it sounds good.

Cliff farmdogg54@hotmail.com
"All rice no race"
my Talon and me: http://members.cardomain.com/farmdogg55
When I'm done, Uncle Ben will be jealous!

CrazyEclipseAug-09-02 01:10 PM
Member since Jul 30th 2002
2503 posts,
#3427, "RE: amp and sub"
In response to Reply # 0

Rockford is crap. I'm telling you!! I can hook up 2 subs to their most powerful amp and fry it without turning up the volume all that loud and no fancey wiring or anything. I would HIGHLY recommend you sell that amp to someone else and get a much better amp. Personally, I buy all Eclipse (fugitsu-ten) audio. Very good quality audio.

If your really into RF, then keep it, but I would recommend something else.

1998 GS-Turbo KANDY -- For Sale
1999 GS-Non Turbo 10th anniversary Edition

I have been in bed with Dino.....ask me for a picture!

Chris_FLAug-10-02 09:43 AM
Old School 2GNTer
926 posts,
#3428, "RE: amp and sub"
In response to Reply # 4

>Rockford is crap. I'm telling you!!

Dude, I'm sorry you have had a bad experience with them. They are one of the best amps I have ever owned. I would buy them again and again. They are tough-clean sounding amps.

http://www.snappydsl.net/ctoledo/

a_miller_76Aug-12-02 03:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#3429, "RE: amp and sub"
In response to Reply # 5

Yeah really. Rockford makes some great stuff. I had a complete Rockford system a few months ago (sold it due to financial issues) and I could out play guys with bigger amps, bigger subs, and a whole lot bigger ego Now if you said Jensen is crap I'd agree with you all day

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #3423 Previous topic | Next topic