Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #3402
View in linear mode

Subject: ""LEGACY"" Previous topic | Next topic
taloniizedJul-29-02 05:52 AM
Member since Apr 24th 2002
786 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3402, ""LEGACY""

What's so wrong about the brand legacy? What's everyones bad experience about them? Is everything they make that bad?

1995 Eagle Talon Esi
14.4 @ 102MPH
Speedworld Motorplex
Phoenix, Arizona

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Weezle745Jul-29-02 06:05 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4068 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3403, "RE:"
In response to Reply # 0

i have a legacy amp, but i think it is OVER-rated. It claims to push 1000w put i doubt it is really that much. I got mine for free so I cant really complain. But other than that, I seriously really like it, to me it sounds good. but i know the following posts will say that Legacy is crap. I dont know why either...

--- My 2gnt WIKI contribution ---> http://www.jamlez.com/2gnt

97 Eclipse Spyder

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamXtremeRSJul-29-02 01:01 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#3404, "RE: "LEGACY""
In response to Reply # 0

Legacy isn't necessarilly crap, but they indeed are over rated on their power specs. Expect this over rating of power on most cheaper amps and subs. Just ask yourself why an amp for 200 bucks rated at 1000 watts, where as an amp rated for 1000 watts goes for 800 bucks. You get what you pay for. If anyone finds a true 1000 watt RMS amp, for under 200 bucks, let me know Its all about continuos RMS power output, but at LOW distortion ratings, not high! If you have a cheaper amp that says 500 watts or whatever on it, expect to have at least HALF of that as clean output power (eg..250 watts ect..)

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

HondaHater21Jul-29-02 01:43 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1750 posts,
#3405, "RE: "LEGACY""
In response to Reply # 2

I think they are good, I had mine for 3 years and it still works fine! but Ive always new that the power wasnt like it said, but it still was good for the money

"Only Pirates Say R"
hondahater21@hotmail.com
www.geocities.com/hondahater21

Change Your own Blinker Fluid! --> http://geocities.com/changeyourblinkerfluid/

Weezle745Jul-31-02 03:25 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4068 posts,
#3406, "RE:"
In response to Reply # 2

>Legacy isn't necessarilly crap, but they indeed are over
>rated on their power specs.

Exactly what i was think with my amp. No way am i pushing 1000w! extremeRS, how much (wattage) do you think my amp really is?

**EDIT**
Nevermind, i just reread your post and noticed you said less than half. So maybe about 400-450 watts?

--- My 2gnt WIKI contribution ---> http://www.jamlez.com/2gnt

97 Eclipse Spyder

a_miller_76Aug-05-02 06:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#3407, "RE:"
In response to Reply # 4

Most people say Legacy is crap because Legacy is made by Pyramid. They are over-rated. The half scenario is a good one to keep in mind. I had one forever and I liked it. Just keep your gain down and you'll be fine.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #3402 Previous topic | Next topic