Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #3102
View in linear mode

Subject: "Amp to Head Unit probs......" Previous topic | Next topic
Doug96GSJun-30-02 05:50 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2686 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3102, "Amp to Head Unit probs......"

I have a Rockford Fosgate 4 channel amp and I want to hook it up to my head unit. Hte only problem is that the head unit only has one pair of pre-outs. Can I hook up this amp or do I need to get a head unit with 2 sets of pre-outs?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Doug96GSJun-30-02 04:17 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2686 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3103, "RE: Amp to Head Unit probs......"
In response to Reply # 0

bumpidy bump

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamXtremeRSJun-30-02 11:37 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#3104, "RE: Amp to Head Unit probs......"
In response to Reply # 0

Well all you really have to do is get some "Y" adaptors for the rca's and hook it up that way. You won't be able to fade front to rear from the headunit though..Will have to adjust the gains on the amp to get the right loudness from front to rear..

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Doug96GSJul-01-02 02:42 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2686 posts,
#3105, "RE: Amp to Head Unit probs......"
In response to Reply # 2

Thanks man, I just wanted to know if it was possible.

Moderatorsd_eclipseJul-01-02 07:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1543 posts,
#3106, "RE: Amp to Head Unit probs......"
In response to Reply # 3

Matt is right. It can be done with some y-adapters but like he said. You will loose your front to rear adjustment. When its just a single pre-out most commonly it is for the front. It will also cause you to loose your "surround effect"(lack of a better saying). IE say you listening to song that fades a drum beat and some other kind of sound from left to right or vise versa on the rear channel, you will not hear that anymore with a set up like that.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #3102 Previous topic | Next topic