Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #2462
View in linear mode

Subject: "alarm won't set w/ key or dissarm" Previous topic | Next topic
ecl98pseMay-11-02 07:24 AM
Member since Jan 28th 2002
573 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2462, "alarm won't set w/ key or dissarm"

if i'm not mistaken the factory alarm is supposed to set w/ the key, and dissarm with the key? well, if i set it with the remote and unlock w/the key and open the door it goes off. and if it is supposed to arm with the key them it doesn't do that either. anyone know what it could be?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: alarm won't set w/ key or dissarm, TeamXtremeRS, May-11-02 08:31 AM, #1
RE: alarm won't set w/ key or dissarm, ecl98pse, May-12-02 10:40 AM, #2
      RE: alarm won't set w/ key or dissarm, TeamXtremeRS, May-12-02 12:02 PM, #3
           RE: alarm won't set w/ key or dissarm, ecl98pse, May-13-02 03:06 AM, #4
                RE: alarm won't set w/ key or dissarm, TeamXtremeRS, May-13-02 06:48 AM, #5
                     RE: alarm won't set w/ key or dissarm, ecl98pse, May-13-02 09:39 AM, #6
                          RE: alarm won't set w/ key or dissarm, TeamXtremeRS, May-13-02 10:53 AM, #7
                               RE: alarm won't dissarm w/ key, ecl98pse, May-21-02 12:02 PM, #8
                                    RE: alarm won't dissarm w/ key, TeamXtremeRS, May-21-02 12:10 PM, #9
                                         RE: alarm won't dissarm w/ key, ecl98pse, May-23-02 12:45 AM, #10

TeamXtremeRSMay-11-02 08:31 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2463, "RE: alarm won't set w/ key or dissarm"
In response to Reply # 0

sounds like the arm/disarm wire or mechanism inside the door isn't working. If you take apart your door cover, check out the key cylinder, there should be a green/white wire going to it. This wire is what turns off the factory alarm when you turn your key in the door. I don't think you can ever arm the alarm with the key, you have to use the transmitter or the lock switch on the door, then close the door. Either the wire in the door came off, or break in the wire somewhere, or the actual mechanism attached to the key cylinder in the door is bad..

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ecl98pseMay-12-02 10:40 AM
573 posts,
#2464, "RE: alarm won't set w/ key or dissarm"
In response to Reply # 1

so it is supposed to arm when you use the door switch? if so that doesn't work either. thanks for the info, i'll check it out and see what i can find.

TeamXtremeRSMay-12-02 12:02 PM
6329 posts,
#2465, "RE: alarm won't set w/ key or dissarm"
In response to Reply # 2

>so it is supposed to arm when you use the door switch? if so
>that doesn't work either. thanks for the info, i'll check
>it out and see what i can find.

yeah, most factory alarm systems will arm the alarm with the door switch. BUT you must have the driver's door open and then hit the lock switch then close the door. I'm not 100% sure if the eclipses do this, but it should..

fuel injection)

-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

ecl98pseMay-13-02 03:06 AM
573 posts,
#2466, "RE: alarm won't set w/ key or dissarm"
In response to Reply # 3

well mine does not. neither door will dissarm the alarm. so what does that mean... both mechanisms are bad or both wires came lose(probably not)? is there anything else it could be? maybe mine doesn't have that feature!?

TeamXtremeRSMay-13-02 06:48 AM
6329 posts,
#2467, "RE: alarm won't set w/ key or dissarm"
In response to Reply # 4

First off, does your alarm disarm when you unlock the door using the transmitter? If not, then be sure the doors are actually unlocking...

fuel injection)

-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

ecl98pseMay-13-02 09:39 AM
573 posts,
#2468, "RE: alarm won't set w/ key or dissarm"
In response to Reply # 5

the alarm seems to work perfectly fine with the acception of it not dissarming w/ the key.

TeamXtremeRSMay-13-02 10:53 AM
6329 posts,
#2469, "RE: alarm won't set w/ key or dissarm"
In response to Reply # 6

>the alarm seems to work perfectly fine with the acception of
>it not dissarming w/ the key.

Yeah as far as i know, only the drivers door will disarm the alarm with the key. So i'd say its an internal door problem in the key cylinder mechanism somewhere. Take off your driver door panel, and take a peek at the key cylinder, and see if anything is loose and whatnot. I'v never had a chance to actually look at one yet, so i can't be of much help on how it looks. There should be some sort of pin switch or something that grounds that green/white wire at the key cylinder that should disarm your alarm..Go pokin around and see what you can find..

fuel injection)

-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

ecl98pseMay-21-02 12:02 PM
573 posts,
#2470, "RE: alarm won't dissarm w/ key"
In response to Reply # 7

ok i finally got around to takin the door apart. i took the door lock out and tested it. it and the switch for the alarm work fine. is there a relay some where that could be stuck?

TeamXtremeRSMay-21-02 12:10 PM
6329 posts,
#2471, "RE: alarm won't dissarm w/ key"
In response to Reply # 8

>ok i finally got around to takin the door apart. i took the
>door lock out and tested it. it and the switch for the alarm
>work fine. is there a relay some where that could be stuck?

So you are seeing a ground on the green/white when you turn the key in the door? How did you test it?

fuel injection)

-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

ecl98pseMay-23-02 12:45 AM
573 posts,
#2472, "RE: alarm won't dissarm w/ key"
In response to Reply # 9

there is no green/white wire. there is a green, red and black that run to a switch on the back og the lock mechanism. i took the lock out and left the wires connected and hooked a meter up to them. when the key is turned to unlock the green and black wire short together. the red wire does nothing.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #2462 Previous topic | Next topic