Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #2270
View in linear mode

Subject: "amp to head unit question...." Previous topic | Next topic
mitsumanApr-18-02 10:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1992 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2270, "amp to head unit question...."

well i know jack crack about electrical besides the obvious stuff that i can figure out. well this i canrt figure out. on my amp theres ground-rempwr-then the fat red wire that goes to the bat. well i cnt figure out where the rempwr goes to. its also red but i dont no where it hooks up to my head unit. i know i know i should have looked at it b4 i took it off my car but i fogot to remember where it was at. im sure somebody knows where it goes. plz help. for some reason i cant hear nything from the subs 2. i can power it up by crssing the rempwr wire with the bat but i still cant hear anything. anyhelp is really appreaciated. thnx. l8r

"Proud to be, a 2gnt"

-mitsuman

Turbo:
1. HRC STG 2
2. Blits SS BOV
3. HKS Turbo timer

Exhaust:
1. Greddy Power Extreme

Ride:
1. Motegi MR7 17'' wrapped
in yokohama A550v
235/45/17

Sound:
1. sony xplod cdxm620 deck
2. 2 10'' audiobahn subs
3. nice shiny audiobahn
amp

In room:
1. blitz front end(thnx 2
eclipse804)
2. H&R sport springs(thnx 2
eclipse804)

Fun mods:
1. "Nozzel mod"

Wanted:
1. to much ish to list

-mitsuman 95 GS 5-spd w/97-99 front end
Repin The SoCal 2GNT'ers
mitsuman95@hotmail.com
AIM s/n : mitsuman95gs

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: amp to head unit question...., TeamXtremeRS, Apr-18-02 11:32 AM, #1
RE: amp to head unit question...., mitsuman, Apr-18-02 11:43 AM, #2
      RE: amp to head unit question...., JohnnyCorona, Apr-18-02 12:28 PM, #3
      RE: amp to head unit question...., TeamXtremeRS, Apr-18-02 01:30 PM, #4
      RE: amp to head unit question...., Teamdougie2, Apr-18-02 03:08 PM, #5
           RE: amp to head unit question...., mitsuman, Apr-18-02 04:20 PM, #6
                RE: amp to head unit question...., fauchpj, Apr-19-02 06:13 AM, #7
                     RE: amp to head unit question...., JohnnyCorona, Apr-19-02 07:36 AM, #8
      RE: amp to head unit question...., SPL_Eclipse, Apr-19-02 06:20 PM, #9

TeamXtremeRSApr-18-02 11:32 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2271, "RE: amp to head unit question...."
In response to Reply # 0

Do you have a stock HU or an aftermarket one? If its stock, you have to fing the power ant wire on the stock radio harness and use that to turn on your amp. If you have an aftermarket deck, there should be a blue wire on the harness. Some decks have two blue wires or one blue and one blue/white. One is for the power ant and one is for the amp turn on. Some decks only have one blue wire on them, so just use that one. If all else fails, you can tap into your accessory wire somewhere in the ignition harness or elsewhere to power it up when the car is on..

EDIT: just saw your sig that you have the sony explode deck...this deck i believe has 2 blueish wires, but they should be marked. Use the amp turn on wire..it might be blue/white, but not positive on that..

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

mitsumanApr-18-02 11:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1992 posts,
#2272, "RE: amp to head unit question...."
In response to Reply # 1

well nuthin seems to work unless i cross the batt and the rem. evebn then when the amp is on i hear no music cmin from the subs. and on the side of my amp it says prot and one that sas pwr. the prot one is light red. and when my head unit used to be on there b4 i took it out i think the pwr would be lighted blue. plz help. this i really frustrating. thnx laters

-jon

"Proud to be, a 2gnt"

-mitsuman

Turbo:
1. HRC STG 2
2. Blits SS BOV
3. HKS Turbo timer

Exhaust:
1. Greddy Power Extreme

Ride:
in yokohama A550v
235/45/17

Sound:
2. 2 10'' audiobahn subs
3. nice shiny audiobahn
amp

In room:
eclipse804)
eclipse804)

Fun mods:
1. "Nozzel mod"

Wanted:
1. to much ish to list

Repin The SoCal 2GNT'ers
mitsuman95@hotmail.com

JohnnyCoronaApr-18-02 12:28 PM
Member since Mar 23rd 2002
780 posts,
#2273, "RE: amp to head unit question...."
In response to Reply # 2

you can always wire that straight to the battery also, and put a switch on it, but youll have to remember to shut it off all the time. your deck should have an antenna wire tho, i think they all do.

-johnny

"Few people understand
the psychology of dealing
with a highway traffic cop.
Normal speeders will panic
and immidiately pull over to
the side. This is wrong. It
arouses content in the cop
heart. Make the bastard
chase you, he will follow..."

http://homepage.mac.com/
johnnycorona/signature/logo.jpg

-johnny

"Few people understand
arouses co

TeamXtremeRSApr-18-02 01:30 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#2274, "RE: amp to head unit question...."
In response to Reply # 2

Are you currently using the Sony xplod deck in your sig right?

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Teamdougie2Apr-18-02 03:08 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#2275, "RE: amp to head unit question...."
In response to Reply # 4

If your protection light is on the you have a short somewhere. Check your power cable and remote turn-on wire to make sure that there is no bare wire touching any ground spots. Also, make sure that you connected power to power, ground to ground, and remamp to remamp on your amp.

Maybe you accidentally screwed into a wire or something. Either way, that's what the protection light is for. It's going into protect mode because it's shorting out somewhere. Check all wires!!!

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

mitsumanApr-18-02 04:20 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1992 posts,
#2276, "RE: amp to head unit question...."
In response to Reply # 5

yea i got the sony in. well i guess i can go check all that shit tomorrow cuz i kinda left it earlier. thnx for the help and ill let ya guys know whats up . l8r

"Proud to be, a 2gnt"

-mitsuman

Turbo:
1. HRC STG 2
2. Blits SS BOV
3. HKS Turbo timer

Exhaust:
1. Greddy Power Extreme

Ride:
in yokohama A550v
235/45/17

Sound:
2. 2 10'' audiobahn subs
3. nice shiny audiobahn
amp

In room:
eclipse804)
eclipse804)

Fun mods:
1. "Nozzel mod"

Wanted:
1. to much ish to list

Repin The SoCal 2GNT'ers
mitsuman95@hotmail.com

fauchpjApr-19-02 06:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4784 posts,
#2277, "RE: amp to head unit question...."
In response to Reply # 6

you can install a turbo, but not an amp?

the amp turn on wire should be blue an should have a label on it. get the manual out for that deck and take a gander at it

JohnnyCoronaApr-19-02 07:36 AM
Member since Mar 23rd 2002
780 posts,
#2278, "RE: amp to head unit question...."
In response to Reply # 7

amps are tricky.. they have 2 power wires for crying out loud! hehe

-johnny

"Few people understand
arouses content in the cop
heart. Make the bastard
chase you, he will follow..."

http://homepage.mac.com/
johnnycorona/signature/logo.jpg

-johnny

"Few people understand
arouses co

SPL_EclipseApr-19-02 06:20 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
#2279, "RE: amp to head unit question...."
In response to Reply # 2

the protection light will not come on if you have a short in the 12v+ somewhere (remote-turn-on or otherwise), but will come on if the speaker wire is shorted out. i would check there first.

also, hook up the power (12v+), ground (12v-), and remote turn on- and make sure the amp comes on first before you plug in your RCA connection(s) from the headunit. if the amp doesnt come on, you probably have a falty ground (the eclipses have lots of plastic screw holes that dont actually touch the chassis). if it does come on, you are set, and you can then plug in the RCAs. explination: if the amps ground isnt connected properly, it will reference its ground through the RCA shield, back through the headunit, and to ground. this is a lot of current to be sending through the headunit, and will eventually cause damage.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #2270 Previous topic | Next topic