Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #207
View in linear mode

Subject: "stock speaker sizes for RS" Previous topic | Next topic
SoonToBeFastJun-30-01 03:49 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#207, "stock speaker sizes for RS"

What are the sizes of the speakers for RS?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

hudyJun-30-01 09:13 PM
Old School 2GNTer
8 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#208, "RE: stock speaker sizes for RS"
In response to Reply # 0

The door are 6.5 as are the speakers in the back where the upscale models got the 6 by 9. The ones in the front should be 3.5 but I can't figure out how to get the dash off. A sad, sad day for my parents knowing that I can't even perform this simple procedure.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Black97GSJul-02-01 01:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
93 posts,
#209, "RE: stock speaker sizes for RS"
In response to Reply # 1

You don't have to take the dash off. The front "tweeters" pop out with a small screwdriver. They come out pretty easily, but be careful not to dig up the vinyl. I popped mine out and cut the wires.

Clint

Black97GSJul-02-01 01:40 AM
Old School 2GNTer
93 posts,
#210, "RE: stock speaker sizes for RS"
In response to Reply # 0

You need to pull the door panel off to find out for sure what door speakers you have. You can figure out the back ones by shining a flashlight in the grill and looking at the speaker. If it's oval, it's a 6x9. If it's round, it's a 6 1/2. You could have 5 1/4 or 6 1/2 in the door.

Clint

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #207 Previous topic | Next topic