Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #2047
View in linear mode

Subject: "MTX Audio!" Previous topic | Next topic
SpoolingTurboApr-02-02 10:27 AM
Member since Jan 29th 2002
120 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2047, "MTX Audio!"

-Leon
Does anyone have MTX Audio? Is it good quailty? What setup do you have and is it clear? Pics would be nice...

-Leon

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: MTX Audio!, ghostshellx, Apr-02-02 01:03 PM, #1
RE: MTX Audio!, Fast420A, Apr-02-02 01:08 PM, #2
      RE: MTX Audio!, HondaHater21, Apr-02-02 02:16 PM, #3
           RE: MTX Audio!, SpoolingTurbo, Apr-02-02 05:47 PM, #4
                RE: MTX Audio!, CVedEclipse, Apr-02-02 11:59 PM, #5
                RE: MTX Audio!, Chris_FL, Apr-03-02 12:39 AM, #6
                     RE: MTX Audio!, SpoolingTurbo, Apr-03-02 04:19 AM, #7
                RE: MTX Audio!, oMInOUs97RS, Apr-03-02 07:32 PM, #8
                     RE: MTX Audio!, SpoolingTurbo, Apr-04-02 03:23 AM, #9
                          RE: MTX Audio!, oMInOUs97RS, Apr-04-02 01:21 PM, #10
                               RE: MTX Audio!, SpoolingTurbo, Apr-04-02 04:28 PM, #11
                                    RE: MTX Audio!, oMInOUs97RS, Apr-04-02 07:23 PM, #12
RE: MTX Audio!, TalonTerror22, Apr-05-02 12:21 AM, #13
RE: MTX Audio!, SpoolingTurbo, Apr-05-02 07:37 AM, #14

ghostshellxApr-02-02 01:03 PM
Donating 2GNT member
576 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2048, "RE: MTX Audio!"
In response to Reply # 0

r u talking about the subs, regular speakers or amps?

The 2GNT is Gone... and the curse too!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Fast420AApr-02-02 01:08 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#2049, "RE: MTX Audio!"
In response to Reply # 1

I have 3 MTX 5000 series 10 inch woofers in a sealed box and I am VERY happy with the sound of these subs.

________________________________________________________________________________________
current status - No 3rd Gear synchro

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

HondaHater21Apr-02-02 02:16 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1750 posts,
#2050, "RE: MTX Audio!"
In response to Reply # 2

I have 2 MTX 4000 12"s in a sealed box with a infinity 800w anp and I can make the hatch buckle and ur heart stop. Ive had them for 2 years and now prob. There the cirut city special 2 for $100

"Only Pirates Say R"
hondahater21@hotmail.com
www.geocities.com/hondahater21

Change Your own Blinker Fluid! --> http://geocities.com/changeyourblinkerfluid/

SpoolingTurboApr-02-02 05:47 PM
120 posts,
#2051, "RE: MTX Audio!"
In response to Reply # 3

-Leon

Great setup guys! Yea I'm talking about sub's and amps. I hear the 8000 series is the sh*t....is this true?

-Leon

CVedEclipseApr-02-02 11:59 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2244 posts,
#2052, "RE: MTX Audio!"
In response to Reply # 4

imo.. mtx makes a good product for the price you pay. it is cheaper than most brand names, but you dont suffer too much in the process.. i like them, esp for the price

^^what once was^^

^^what is now.. and permanently^^

Chris_FLApr-03-02 12:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
926 posts,
#2053, "RE: MTX Audio!"
In response to Reply # 5

I have 3 MTX Blue Thunder 10 -inch Subs. I love em! Thump real hard and real punchy.

http://www.snappydsl.net/ctoledo/

SpoolingTurboApr-03-02 04:19 AM
120 posts,
#2054, "RE: MTX Audio!"
In response to Reply # 6

-Leon

Yes! The price is really decent and the products look bad azz. Especially the metal plate on the subwoofers. I like the 8000 series cause the price is nice and it looks like you get a lot for your money. I'm thinking about getting 2 12's with an amp....will that thump good enough?

-Leon

oMInOUs97RSApr-03-02 07:32 PM
Member since Mar 22nd 2002
394 posts,
#2055, "RE: MTX Audio!"
In response to Reply # 4

MTX makes some good stuff for the money.
I dont particularily like the 8000 subs though... the little wire going between the terminals and the voice coils usually blow apart, as it did in my car. The 6000's are a great sub... not as much excursion, but they dont blow up

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
-Albert Einstein

SpoolingTurboApr-04-02 03:23 AM
120 posts,
#2056, "RE: MTX Audio!"
In response to Reply # 8

-Leon

So the 8000's blew up in your car uh? Do you have any pics of your setup with the MTX? Or anybody?

-Leon

oMInOUs97RSApr-04-02 01:21 PM
394 posts,
#2057, "RE: MTX Audio!"
In response to Reply # 9

i dont have the mtx sub in my car anymore, i got rid of it when it blew up. right now i have 2 alpine type r subs in a custom box i made. no pics yet, but i'm working on it.

-Albert Einstein

SpoolingTurboApr-04-02 04:28 PM
120 posts,
#2058, "RE: MTX Audio!"
In response to Reply # 10

-Leon

That would be cool to see some pics! So does the new speaker sound bad azz?

-Leon

oMInOUs97RSApr-04-02 07:23 PM
394 posts,
#2059, "RE: MTX Audio!"
In response to Reply # 11

ya, they're loud as crap and clean... I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow if i can "borrow" a digital camera from work for a little while.

-Albert Einstein

TalonTerror22Apr-05-02 12:21 AM
Member since Apr 05th 2002
3 posts,
#2060, "RE: MTX Audio!"
In response to Reply # 0

mtx audio huh. lets just say my shit bumps. super loud.
i have 2 mtx 6000 15's ina sealed dual box. with a mtx 2300x amp which makes bout 400x2 so i got plunty of power. its all thunder and garented to set of alarms and to rattle pictures of house walls.
oh geez im sellin it to for 700$

SpoolingTurboApr-05-02 07:37 AM
120 posts,
#2061, "RE: MTX Audio!"
In response to Reply # 13

-Leon

Guys I need your help right now! This guy told me that if I can make him a sealed box for a 12" then he would give me a 12" subwoofer for free. BTW it's a MTX Audio Subwoofer! Do I need to exact specs or something?

-Leon

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #2047 Previous topic | Next topic