Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1732
View in linear mode

Subject: "speakers in dash at the windsheid" Previous topic | Next topic
Talow79Mar-02-02 12:59 PM
Old School 2GNTer
34 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1732, "speakers in dash at the windsheid"

how do you get them loose, mine are blown and need to be replaced?

96 ESI, Eibach pro-kit, Iceman CAI, Greddy Cat-Back, MSD Ignition
Other rides:
92 Dodge Ram 4x4
96 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4X4
2004 Honda Civic EX
2002 BMW 325i
2008 Nissan Armada

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: speakers in dash at the windsheid, TeamXtremeRS, Mar-02-02 03:04 PM, #1
RE: speakers in dash at the windsheid, Blk95GS, Mar-02-02 03:46 PM, #2
      RE: speakers in dash at the windsheid, fasterGS, Mar-02-02 03:55 PM, #3
           RE: speakers in dash at the windsheid, Talow79, Mar-03-02 05:04 AM, #4
                RE: speakers in dash at the windsheid, BeefGG, Mar-03-02 10:23 AM, #5
                     RE: speakers in dash at the windsheid, TeamXtremeRS, Mar-03-02 12:48 PM, #6
                          RE: speakers in dash at the windsheid, All4thaN0okie, Mar-03-02 02:48 PM, #7
                               RE: speakers in dash at the windsheid, proDMD, Mar-05-02 06:45 AM, #8
                                    RE: speakers in dash at the windsheid, LoudEclipse, Mar-05-02 11:00 AM, #9
                                         RE: speakers in dash at the windsheid, fasterGS, Mar-07-02 01:53 AM, #10
                                              RE: speakers in dash at the windsheid, 1TuffRS, Mar-07-02 07:14 AM, #11
                                                   RE: speakers in dash at the windsheid, All4thaN0okie, Mar-07-02 04:11 PM, #12
                                                        RE: speakers in dash at the windsheid, fauchpj, Mar-07-02 04:22 PM, #13
                                                             RE: speakers in dash at the windsheid, dudasd, Mar-08-02 02:20 PM, #14

TeamXtremeRSMar-02-02 03:04 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1733, "RE: speakers in dash at the windsheid"
In response to Reply # 0

If i'm not mistaken, you have to take out the dash? I'v looked under it to see if i could reach them there, but it won't work that way. Only other way is to remove the grilles and go from there, but I'm not too sure going that way. Anyone confirm this??

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Blk95GSMar-02-02 03:46 PM
Member since Jan 22nd 2002
214 posts,
#1734, "RE: speakers in dash at the windsheid"
In response to Reply # 1

they're just snapped in....pry up the grill with a small flathead, it comes out as one piece...just unplug the connector and you're good to go....i also need to replace these speakers, so if anyone has a recommendation for what to put in there let me know (stock replacements, tweets, etc)

Travis

fasterGSMar-02-02 03:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1735, "RE: speakers in dash at the windsheid"
In response to Reply # 2

Well crutchfield lists 3 1/2 inch speakers for the dash. The installation code is p, which means it is an easy installation but it may require slight modification. Hope this helps.

Talow79Mar-03-02 05:04 AM
Old School 2GNTer
34 posts,
#1736, "RE: speakers in dash at the windsheid"
In response to Reply # 3

Thanks everyone, I will try to take them out tonite!

96 ESI, Eibach pro-kit, Iceman CAI, Greddy Cat-Back, MSD Ignition
Other rides:
92 Dodge Ram 4x4
96 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4X4
2004 Honda Civic EX
2002 BMW 325i
2008 Nissan Armada

BeefGGMar-03-02 10:23 AM
Old School 2GNTer
196 posts,
#1737, "RE: speakers in dash at the windsheid"
In response to Reply # 4

What do you do if I want to add speakers there. I don't have them in my RS. I was thinking about getting a 4 channel amp for the front and rear speakers and then bridging the headunit's 4 channel's into 2 for the dash speakers. Do you just hook up both front and rear channels to each speaker? Anything else I should know bout this?

TeamXtremeRSMar-03-02 12:48 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#1738, "RE: speakers in dash at the windsheid"
In response to Reply # 5

Unless you wanna burn up your head unit, DON'T bridge the channels on it. H U's cannot be bridged, at least I dont know of any that can. Just as info...

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

All4thaN0okieMar-03-02 02:48 PM
Member since Nov 19th 2001
501 posts,
#1739, "RE: speakers in dash at the windsheid"
In response to Reply # 6

thats funny that your RS doesn't have those speakers...mine does....

'95 Eclipse RS
INTERIOR
-Sony CDXM 750
-2 JL Audio 12w0 subs
-Premiere Amp
-CompuStar 2WAS Alarm with Remote Start and Pager
EXTERIOR
-Enkei 15" wheels (came with the car)
-2nd Generation Altezza Tails
-Clear Bumper Lenses
-APC Speed Glo Mirrors (with turn signals)
-Red LED Washer Nozzles
PERFORMANCE
-K&N Filter

proDMDMar-05-02 06:45 AM
Old School 2GNTer
580 posts,
#1740, "RE: speakers in dash at the windsheid"
In response to Reply # 7

ya my rs has them to..not sure if they work though...hard to tell with that damn stealtbox thunping all the time!

AFX/UDP,AEM,AF/X 55mm TB,50 shot of NOS,Glenn's short shifter,17" tantrum,prokit KYB AGX,JL stealthbox sony headunit,audiobahn amp,M3 style mirrors,Blue leds,yellow fogs,reverse ind,w

LoudEclipseMar-05-02 11:00 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1758 posts,
#1741, "RE: speakers in dash at the windsheid"
In response to Reply # 8

i had tweeters installed in mine, they used a little piece for trim, looks neato

fasterGSMar-07-02 01:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1742, "RE: speakers in dash at the windsheid"
In response to Reply # 9

My old rs didnt have them. I had some speakers installed in the doors and they sid I was the first eclipse they had seen without them.

1TuffRSMar-07-02 07:14 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#1743, "RE: speakers in dash at the windsheid"
In response to Reply # 10

My car doesnt have any speakers there either. Im gonna add some there eventually.

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT
88 Toyota Supra NA-T (w/ sports package)
Got Boost?? Hell yeah I-6 turbo powah baby!

All4thaN0okieMar-07-02 04:11 PM
Member since Nov 19th 2001
501 posts,
#1744, "RE: speakers in dash at the windsheid"
In response to Reply # 11

do these speakers even actually do anything?? i have an aftermarket stereo and its only putting out 4 channels.... are these speakers getting any power at all????

'95 Eclipse RS
INTERIOR
-Sony CDXM 750
-2 JL Audio 12w0 subs
-Premiere Amp
-CompuStar 2WAS Alarm with Remote Start and Pager
EXTERIOR
-Enkei 15" wheels (came with the car)
-2nd Generation Altezza Tails
-Clear Bumper Lenses
-APC Speed Glo Mirrors (with turn signals)
-Red LED Washer Nozzles
PERFORMANCE
-K&N Filter

fauchpjMar-07-02 04:22 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4784 posts,
#1745, "RE: speakers in dash at the windsheid"
In response to Reply # 12

You just pop it out with a flat head screwdriver. If your RS has power windows and cruise, then you have the tweaters. Mine didnt come with them and i put pioneer tweeters on top of the hole covers.

dudasdMar-08-02 02:20 PM
Donating 2GNT member
735 posts,
#1746, "RE: speakers in dash at the windsheid"
In response to Reply # 13

Right now I have mine resting on top of the covers since it ddidn't come with them either. But most tweeters you buy will have the flush mount cups with them, you just need to use a Dremel or small hole saw to cut out an opening for the cups. You get the covers or factorys tweeters out but just sliding a small flat head screw driver under the edge and prying it up. As to if they do anything, YES most silk domes and related tweeters fill in the void above about 2K, that's where you get that crisp snap from say a cymbal or like instrument. Of course they will only work as good as the signal coming to them, most have a built in passive crossover to proitect them from lower freq's. Also, most of them are at such a high impedance that you can add them to your existing setup without having to worry about frying your head unit/amp. Hope all of this helps..........

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1732 Previous topic | Next topic