Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #13136
View in linear mode

Subject: "Issue with aftermarket stereo" Previous topic | Next topic
smallz8Sep-19-11 12:14 PM
Member since Sep 19th 2011
7 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13136, "Issue with aftermarket stereo"

Specs:

98 Eclipse RS
JVC KDHDR60

Prblms:

First, the cigarette lighter stopped working (not sure if that has anything to do with stereo)...Then the radio started shutting itself off...We have replaced the stereo (orig was a kenwood), then replaced wiring harness to connect JVC deck, re-soldered the connections, and put shrink tube around them for protection. Double checked the wiring further down to make sure there weren't any interferences in the connection, all look good. The radio seem to work for a few days, but went back to randomly shutting itself off. At first disconnecting the battery for 10 min would help it reset and function properly. Now it wont work at all.

I have run out of patience at this point in regards to finding a solution. I would appreciate any suggestions to this issue as I HATE driving w/o tunes. Feel free to post here or email me since I am on the go all day.

Thnx :0)
(smallz.sgm@gmail.com)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneSep-19-11 12:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13137, "RE: Issue with aftermarket stereo"
In response to Reply # 0

The cigarette lighter is fused, check the fuse. It's in the interior fuse box my your left foot.

The radio may have a loose ground. Where is it grounded?

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratortekleinSep-19-11 12:22 PM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#13138, "RE: Issue with aftermarket stereo"
In response to Reply # 0

Is the head unit installed with the factory brackets?

smallz8Sep-19-11 03:17 PM
7 posts,
#13139, "RE: Issue with aftermarket stereo"
In response to Reply # 2

I have checked the wires with a 12v tester, all show grounded that are supposed to be grounded, and positive that are supposed to have power. I have even tested deck in another car to make sure it was not the deck that has malfunctioned....I am at a loss at this point, any other help would be much appreciated!

Thnx.
(smallz.sgm@gmail.com)

smallz8Sep-21-11 12:19 PM
7 posts,
#13140, "RE: Issue with aftermarket stereo"
In response to Reply # 0

IT HAS BEEN REPAIRED!!!! TG!!

So, Below are the images I took to help out anyone who has this issue in the future.

Image One:

Right above my finger is the label on the fuse box for which fuse terminal I was having an issue with.

Image two:

Right above my finger again on the right side is the part of the terminal that was having issues. It basically sunk down so there was no connection when the fuse was installed.

Just basically unscrewed the fuse box to repair the terminal from the underside. If you have more questions feel free to ask me. Now, to putting my interior back together....ugh!

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #13136 Previous topic | Next topic