Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #13113
View in linear mode

Subject: "Radio install having a blonde moment with harness, need help." Previous topic | Next topic
dalesmitsuAug-31-10 12:40 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13113, "Radio install having a blonde moment with harness, need help."

Here's what's in fron of me, White harness plug was from a crappy Sony HD.

Loose wires is solid gray wire, antenna and black/red strip. I know the red/black is power.

Here's my Pioneer harness. Notice there's no adapter end CircuitCity cut it and wired to speaker wire to my old 1997gs, it worked though.

Labels for three wires from pioneer the Black is ground.

Rest of it,

Question, Should I cut the white harness and solder each one to these ? or is there a better way. I'm stumped havent tried installing pioneer HD and its been a few months now.

I have the instructions from pioneer what each wire is ffrom this harness,as guide.

Perhaps this will help others, also.

__
1995 gs Saved from the crusher
1998 RS gone to(Dsm Heaven)
1997 gs gone to Dsm heaven

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

RoninEclipse2GSep-01-10 05:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13114, "RE: Radio install having a blonde moment with harness, need help."
In response to Reply # 0

The harness in the car is the factory harness, not a sony. Go buy a harness adapter from bestbuy and match color for color.

Ignore the gray wire

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratortekleinSep-02-10 03:52 PM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#13115, "RE: Radio install having a blonde moment with harness, need help."
In response to Reply # 1

Definitely go buy a harness adapter.

Also, you dont need a ground. The radio grounds through the stock radio brackets. You dont need a dash install kit.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #13113 Previous topic | Next topic