Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #13054
View in linear mode

Subject: "How to keep alarm off when key is on" Previous topic | Next topic
eclipserstturboApr-24-10 04:44 PM
Member since Nov 19th 2008
281 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13054, "How to keep alarm off when key is on"

I have a ebay alarm/ keyless entry system I just hooked up on my talon. The car didn't have factory alarm or keyless entry. Everything works perfect except for one thing. After 15 seconds the alarm is suppose to arm itself.

Here's the problem, when the key is on the alarm still arms itselt. Is there a wire I'm suppose to hook up that tells the alarm the key is on? I have two thick red wires I ran to battery (+), and a yellow wire I'm suppose to run to a relay for ignition kill. I didn't hook up the yellow wire because I couldn't figure out how to wire it to the 4 pin relay that came with the kit.

I really need some advice because I JUST got my car painted (literally got it home yesterday) and I want the alarm to keep people from touching my car.

I CONTRIBUTED TO THE WIKI!
ah... turbo. I love the turbo, the boost, the speed, the sound.
and its all better when you do it yourself. cheaper too.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: How to keep alarm off when key is on, 420agreenvilleSC, Apr-24-10 04:59 PM, #1
RE: How to keep alarm off when key is on, eclipserstturbo, Apr-24-10 05:12 PM, #2
      RE: How to keep alarm off when key is on, 740 turbo brick, Apr-24-10 11:34 PM, #3
           RE: How to keep alarm off when key is on, eclipserstturbo, Apr-25-10 11:11 AM, #4
                RE: How to keep alarm off when key is on, 420agreenvilleSC, Apr-25-10 12:01 PM, #5
                     RE: How to keep alarm off when key is on, 740 turbo brick, Apr-25-10 01:35 PM, #6
                     RE: How to keep alarm off when key is on, eclipserstturbo, Apr-25-10 02:04 PM, #7
                     RE: How to keep alarm off when key is on, eclipserstturbo, Apr-25-10 10:36 PM, #8
                          RE: How to keep alarm off when key is on, Slo2g, Apr-26-10 11:13 AM, #9
                               RE: How to keep alarm off when key is on, eclipserstturbo, Apr-27-10 06:25 AM, #10
                                    RE: How to keep alarm off when key is on, eclipserstturbo, Apr-27-10 10:29 PM, #11
                                    RE: How to keep alarm off when key is on, Slo2g, Apr-28-10 09:31 AM, #12
                                         RE: How to keep alarm off when key is on, Slo2g, Apr-28-10 09:38 AM, #13
                                              RE: How to keep alarm off when key is on, eclipserstturbo, Apr-28-10 05:26 PM, #14

420agreenvilleSCApr-24-10 04:59 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13055, "RE: How to keep alarm off when key is on"
In response to Reply # 0

this is exactly why you have alarms installed by a retailer. Zac may chime in to help.

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipserstturboApr-24-10 05:12 PM
281 posts,
#13056, "RE: How to keep alarm off when key is on"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC
this is exactly why you have alarms installed by a retailer.

Yea that is true but at the same time, you never know what you can do until you try. I mean if everyone just got a dealer or shop to install everything then this site probably wouldn't be here.

And I don't know Zac, but I sure would appreciate his help right about now.

740 turbo brickApr-24-10 11:34 PM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
#13057, "RE: How to keep alarm off when key is on"
In response to Reply # 2

What has to happen for the alarm to arm itself? Im assuming a key turn of some sort? Like if you turn the key off it would arm. If this was the case, it sounds like you may have something connected that is 12v when key on, but not cranking. Which, when you turn the key on and then crank, the alarm would see as you turning the car off, and arming the alarm.

The only thing my car alarm does of that sort is if I turn the car on and the doors are closed, the doors automatically lock.

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

eclipserstturboApr-25-10 11:11 AM
281 posts,
#13058, "RE: How to keep alarm off when key is on"
In response to Reply # 3

Well it has 2 thick red power wires. In the manual it says wire them both to constant 12V. So... I ran them straight to the battery.

I googled it yesterday and I found a link to dsm tuners that said I have to run a wire to the black/white wire in the ignition harness. Any idea what purpose that wire serves? I don't want to tap into something I'm not sure what it does. Here's the link, it's the picture that the guy drew up on paint.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/articles-electrical-wiring/348859-how-wire-aftermarket-alarm-system.html

I know somehow it needs to be able to tell when the key is in the off position, but the crappy diagram that came with the unit doesn't really say what is the keysense wire.

420agreenvilleSCApr-25-10 12:01 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#13059, "RE: How to keep alarm off when key is on"
In response to Reply # 4

good link

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

740 turbo brickApr-25-10 01:35 PM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
#13060, "RE: How to keep alarm off when key is on"
In response to Reply # 5

If I remember correctly, black with white is 12v switched. It could be so when you turn the car off, the doors unlock, and the system arms itself after a certain time if its equipped with such curcuitry.

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

eclipserstturboApr-25-10 02:04 PM
281 posts,
#13061, "RE: How to keep alarm off when key is on"
In response to Reply # 5
Apr-25-10 02:06 PM by eclipserstturbo

Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC
good link

Thanks, I figured it may be useful to others too, especially those trying to wire a turbo timer in.

So anyway do you think if I wire one of the 12V constants from the brain to that black/white wire it may solve my problem?

Or maybe I'm suppose to wire a (-) somewhere in there that grounds when the key is out. I might be thinking to far into this.

I've been trying to find out what is the keysense wire on the ignition so I'm guessing that is it. It's got to be something that makes it beep when the key is in and the door is open. I'll try some more googling to see if I can find a diagram of the our ignition saying what each wire is for since the haynes doesn't really tell me much.

eclipserstturboApr-25-10 10:36 PM
281 posts,
#13062, "RE: How to keep alarm off when key is on"
In response to Reply # 5

Well, searched but no answer. Think I'm going to try the black/white with each thick red wire from the unit and see what I come up with. Hopefully I can figure it out without fudging up anything.

Slo2gApr-26-10 11:13 AM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#13063, "RE: How to keep alarm off when key is on"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by eclipserstturbo
Well, searched but no answer. Think I'm going to try the black/white with each thick red wire from the unit and see what I come up with. Hopefully I can figure it out without fudging up anything.

Different brand alarms have different color codes for wires, what brand is the alarm?

eclipserstturboApr-27-10 06:25 AM
281 posts,
#13064, "RE: How to keep alarm off when key is on"
In response to Reply # 9

It's a spy talking alarm/ keyless entry.

eclipserstturboApr-27-10 10:29 PM
281 posts,
#13065, "RE: How to keep alarm off when key is on"
In response to Reply # 10

Wow that took way too long. Here we go... looks like keysense is the green wire (+) on the ignition harness.

http://www.dsmtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68477

Okay, so I guess now my question is what the heck would I run to that to keep the unit from automatically arming when the key is on?

Here's what came with the manual...

Red (two 10 Gauge)- (+)12V Battery
Black - Ground
Pink - Trunk Release (+)12V
Brown - Flash Light (Parking Lights)
Purple - Reverse Light
Red (16 gauge) - Power Window (-)12V
Blue - Side Door (-)
Yellow - Cutoff Control
White - Acc Input
Orange - Footbrake Switch
White - Lock
White/Black - Unlock

The Siren, shock sensor, and LED indicator is prewired and plug directly into the brain. One of the two 10 gauge red wires has a 15A fuse.

Also looks like the yellow cutoff wire goes to a four pin relay. Pin 85 is where the yellow wire goes, then I have a green wire on pin 87 that goes to battery (+), a white from pin 86 that slices into a green from pin 30 and goes to key on (+)12V. I'm thinking that is for the theft feature to cut the engine off in the event the car is stolen.

Slo2gApr-28-10 09:31 AM
1074 posts,
#13066, "RE: How to keep alarm off when key is on"
In response to Reply # 10
Apr-28-10 09:32 AM by Slo2g

never mind.

Slo2gApr-28-10 09:38 AM
1074 posts,
#13067, "RE: How to keep alarm off when key is on"
In response to Reply # 12
Apr-28-10 09:39 AM by Slo2g

It sounds like you have the alarm programed to be a passive arming system, you should be able to turn those options off. And just a reference for next time, You shouldn't have to run any wires to the battery, all of the wires that you need to install an alarm on a 2g eclipse is under the ign. column. The yellow wire is just a starter interupt, when the system is armed the relay is opened and the starter wire is broken, when the system is disarmed the relay is closed and the car will start. This is why I only recomend an alarm made by DEI, their customer service is top notch and their alarms are some of the best.

eclipserstturboApr-28-10 05:26 PM
281 posts,
#13068, "RE: How to keep alarm off when key is on"
In response to Reply # 13

Well thanks guys. I think I've got it figured out now. I'll try to tackle it sometime this weekend.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #13054 Previous topic | Next topic