Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #13014
View in linear mode

Subject: "VIPER 971XV Remote Start Question" Previous topic | Next topic
greekgodchaosMay-02-09 11:59 PM
Member since Jul 04th 2007
9 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13014, "VIPER 971XV Remote Start Question"

hey guys, does anyone know how to hook up the remote start to make it work with a manual tranny? my system came with the car when i bought it 2 years ago, and it doesnt say much in the manual about it. So can anyone help me out to figure out how to wire it up so my remote start works? thanks guys.

~alex

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: VIPER 971XV Remote Start Question, RoninEclipse2G, May-04-09 04:46 PM, #1
RE: VIPER 971XV Remote Start Question, greekgodchaos, May-04-09 05:33 PM, #2
      RE: VIPER 971XV Remote Start Question, RoninEclipse2G, May-04-09 05:36 PM, #3
           RE: VIPER 971XV Remote Start Question, greekgodchaos, May-04-09 05:39 PM, #4
                RE: VIPER 971XV Remote Start Question, RoninEclipse2G, May-04-09 05:59 PM, #5
                RE: VIPER 971XV Remote Start Question, greekgodchaos, May-04-09 06:38 PM, #7
                     RE: VIPER 971XV Remote Start Question, RoninEclipse2G, May-07-09 06:00 PM, #8
                RE: VIPER 971XV Remote Start Question, greekgodchaos, May-04-09 06:34 PM, #6
                     RE: VIPER 971XV Remote Start Question, greekgodchaos, May-07-09 06:58 PM, #9

RoninEclipse2GMay-04-09 04:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13015, "RE: VIPER 971XV Remote Start Question"
In response to Reply # 0
May-04-09 04:47 PM by RoninEclipse2G

You have to make it so that the remote start emulates or bypasses the clutch safety switch to get the car to start at all. I would also recommend making a "neutral safety switch" with a magnetic switch in your shifter assembly so that you don't start the car while it's in gear.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

greekgodchaosMay-04-09 05:33 PM
9 posts,
#13016, "RE: VIPER 971XV Remote Start Question"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks for the reply, well I bypassed that by unplugging it, I need to know which wires are the remote start ones and where to hook them up to. I found a brown and white wire that lead to a small black box that's part of the alarm system, and they're just cut off. Could those be it? Ill post a pic in about an hour or so.

RoninEclipse2GMay-04-09 05:36 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#13017, "RE: VIPER 971XV Remote Start Question"
In response to Reply # 2

unfortunately it's been years since I messed with a remote start system. I'll look and see if I can find a wiring diagram for ya.

Erik P.
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...

greekgodchaosMay-04-09 05:39 PM
9 posts,
#13018, "RE: VIPER 971XV Remote Start Question"
In response to Reply # 3

Thanks a lot man, I really appreciate it

RoninEclipse2GMay-04-09 05:59 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#13019, "RE: VIPER 971XV Remote Start Question"
In response to Reply # 4

Crap, I'm not finding anything right now but the work filters are blocking the filesharing/uploader sites and I don't have access to the DEI site anymore, my passwords expired a few years back

Erik P.

greekgodchaosMay-04-09 06:38 PM
9 posts,
#13021, "RE: VIPER 971XV Remote Start Question"
In response to Reply # 5

AH HA!! I FOUND THE INSTALLATION MANUAL!!! http://www.directed.com/guides/manuals/ig/viper/N564V_6-03.pdf , that was hard to find haha

RoninEclipse2GMay-07-09 06:00 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#13023, "RE: VIPER 971XV Remote Start Question"
In response to Reply # 7

nice!

Erik P.

greekgodchaosMay-04-09 06:34 PM
9 posts,
#13020, "RE: VIPER 971XV Remote Start Question"
In response to Reply # 4
May-04-09 08:02 PM by greekgodchaos

The center connecter on the side of the unit goes nowhere and the green wire isnt connected to the hanging plug:
and here is a pic of the brown and white wires:
and all the other wires that go into that small box are soldered to a small "motherboard".

greekgodchaosMay-07-09 06:58 PM
9 posts,
#13024, "RE: VIPER 971XV Remote Start Question"
In response to Reply # 6

oh and please ignore the first picture, i found where that goes and its not related. So any idea where the brown and white wires go? I cant really make true sense of the manual :/

Boostin' in an 99' RS-T.

Built, not bought.

Coming soon: Black on Black Suede Interior, In-Dash Media Unit

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #13014 Previous topic | Next topic