Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12990
View in linear mode

Subject: "Antenna probs" Previous topic | Next topic
madregalSep-27-02 07:34 AM
Old School 2GNTer
398 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12990, "Antenna probs"

my antenna intermitently refuses to come up. sometimes it works..today it didn't. i have replaced it about 6 months back.

another question: the antenna comes up when you turn on the radio right? if you switch to cds, shouldnt it go down again? does it?

'98 GS AT.Magenta Gray Pearl.Accel Spark Plug Wires.NGK Plugs.AEM Short Stack.GS-T Exhaust.AFX Underdrive pulley.RRE Front Lower Bar.Tenzo Rear Upper Bar
Tenzo Rear Lower Bar.Tenzo Front Upper Bar.Energy Suspension Bushings.Energy Suspension Motor Mounts.Radius Rims.Pirelli P7000 Supersports.Eibach Pro kit Springs.KYB GR2.$15 camber mod.Grillcraft Center grill. TB (waiting to be bored and installed) http://www.ebalita.net

'98 GS AT.Magenta Gray Pearl.Accel Spark Plug Wires.NGK Plugs.AEM Short Stack.GS-T Exhaust.AFX Underdrive pulley.RRE Front Lower Bar.Tenzo Rear Upper Bar.Tenzo Rear Lower Bar.Tenzo Front Upper Bar.Energy Suspension Bushings.Energy Suspension Motor Mounts.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Antenna probs, a_miller_76, Sep-27-02 08:36 AM, #1
RE: Antenna probs, Ryan_RS, Sep-27-02 11:34 AM, #2
      RE: Antenna probs, pn0ymahal, Sep-27-02 04:05 PM, #3
           RE: Antenna probs, 250lemans, Sep-27-02 04:28 PM, #4
                RE: Antenna probs, madregal, Sep-30-02 01:58 PM, #5
                     RE: Antenna probs, whodatt1, Oct-01-02 12:53 AM, #6
                          RE: Antenna probs, Eclipse9, Jul-26-06 09:21 AM, #7

a_miller_76Sep-27-02 08:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12991, "RE: Antenna probs"
In response to Reply # 0

Do you have the stock radio or not? I think with the stock radio and cheaper aftermarket radios it will go up with the unit on, cd or radio doesn't matter. But with higher end stuff you'll get an amp remote and an individual radio remote. Then it will go down with the cd player going.

Did you make sure your seals were all good when you replaced it? I just converted my RS with a non-power unit and made it powered. I love it. Just make sure it's all tightend down well, grounded correctly, and your connections are good.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Ryan_HesSep-27-02 11:34 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
#12992, "RE: Antenna probs"
In response to Reply # 1

With the stock CD player, if you switch to FM/AM the antennae will come up, however it won't go down until either the power to the player is turned off or the car is turned off.

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

pn0ymahalSep-27-02 04:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2621 posts,
#12993, "RE: Antenna probs"
In response to Reply # 2

do you hear the motor working when you turn on the radio? if so the motor is good, but the mask (antenna) is bad.. if you cant hear the motor remove it and test it before buying a new one... they cost over 100-200 new,,
good luck

Michael 99gs
HRC Stage 2
Stage 3 process begins anyone got a 420a block thats not spun/head for sale?

http://www.dreamwater.net/purplebeast

Michael
99gs hrc stage 5000 SOLD...
2004 Honda Accord V6 (240 hp)stock
what other car should i buy?? hmmm
Car info & pictures at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/520269

250lemansSep-27-02 04:28 PM
Member since Jul 11th 2002
257 posts,
#12994, "RE: Antenna probs"
In response to Reply # 3

after changed it twice i got rid of it and got a small rubber and it works fine if the motor is bad i have one somewhere around here you can have it if you want

madregalSep-30-02 01:58 PM
Old School 2GNTer
398 posts,
#12995, "RE: Antenna probs"
In response to Reply # 4

thanks for the offer dude. it worked again.

off topic. replaced my stock battery today... how long does a battery last? i haven't replaced it since i bought it.

>after changed it twice i got rid of it and got a small
>rubber and it works fine if the motor is bad i have one
>somewhere around here you can have it if you want

'98 GS AT.Magenta Gray Pearl.Accel Spark Plug Wires.NGK Plugs.AEM Short Stack.GS-T Exhaust.AFX Underdrive pulley.RRE Front Lower Bar.Tenzo Rear Upper Bar
Tenzo Rear Lower Bar.Tenzo Front Upper Bar.Energy Suspension Bushings.Energy Suspension Motor Mounts.Radius Rims.Pirelli P7000 Supersports.Eibach Pro kit Springs.KYB GR2.$15 camber mod.Grillcraft Center grill. TB (waiting to be bored and installed) http://www.ebalita.net

'98 GS AT.Magenta Gray Pearl.Accel Spark Plug Wires.NGK Plugs.AEM Short Stack.GS-T Exhaust.AFX Underdrive pulley.RRE Front Lower Bar.Tenzo Rear Upper Bar.Tenzo Rear Lower Bar.Tenzo Front Upper Bar.Energy Suspension Bushings.Energy Suspension Motor Mounts.

whodatt1Oct-01-02 12:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2531 posts,
#12996, "RE: Antenna probs"
In response to Reply # 5

with my stock radio the antena went up when the radio was on and went down when I turned it off or switched it to cd or tape... same with my new stereo. If you take the stereo out you will c that there is a power remote cable for the antenna on the back. this cable should only have power when the radio stations are used... this is y your antenna will go up only when the radio is turned on and will lower when you switch to cd or turn it off.
As far as working some times, could be that the casing is not on tight and the gears are shifting. could also be that the teeth on the belt for the antenna are worn or even the gears are worn inside the casing. Could also be a bad ground or a loose connection in the back of the stero to your remote antena wire.
Hope that helps.

-97 GS (First project, 299 whp)(sold)
- 97 RS 2.6 last numbers: 306hp, 352tq @16psi (Dead, parted out)
- 99 GS OZ, Hahn Kit, 56k miles (Sold)
--------
- 00 Nissan Maxima GLE (Daily Driver)
- 02 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

Eclipse9Jul-26-06 09:21 AM
Member since Nov 29th 2005
8 posts,
#12997, "RE: Antenna probs"
In response to Reply # 6

I have also problems with my power antenna and I want to know if I plug the remote with the grey wire but the grey wire have a shield, I plug the shield like a ground.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12990 Previous topic | Next topic