Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12913
View in linear mode

Subject: "Wiring up highs/mids to amp." Previous topic | Next topic
2GeclipseRSNov-25-07 01:01 PM
Member since May 06th 2007
781 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12913, "Wiring up highs/mids to amp."

Short story.

I got a 600 watt 2 channel american pro amp. Nothing special really. A friend gave it to me. I was building a box for a 10" sub, got bored and hooked up two 8 inch home speakers with 1" tweeters. The amp has a high pass, low pass, tuneability for both filters, bass boost and gain. I love the crossover. Nice. Not as nice as my fried eclipse amp but it'll do for now. I enjoyed having my ears almost bleed through amplified highs. They still kinda hurt so i didn't really enjoy it but you follow me, right? Kinda? Ok.

I have some q-power 6.5" speakers i put in the doors and back seat. I want to amplify these but how would i do it splicing through the factory rs cd player? Do i have to go in through the door harness? The rears wont be an issue, just the doors. I've never amped highs before today. Just subs.

Thanks.

Goodnight sweetheart...yes its time to go...bum bum bum bum bum...good night sweetheart yes I am one little a$$hole......bum bum bum bum....

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

NightfallNov-26-07 06:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
335 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12914, "RE: Wiring up highs/mids to amp."
In response to Reply # 0
Nov-26-07 06:04 AM by Nightfall

It would be best to have a 4 channel amp for the 6.5's but if you must, you can just connect the 2 pos/neg wires from each side's speakers together. If you have dash speakers, they are tied in with the front speakers at the factory harness, test and be sure you connect the door speakers only to the amp and wire the dash speakers directly back to the radio's front output and use the rear output for the amps input. Hope that makes sense.

http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/Mitsubishi-Wiring.pdf

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

2GeclipseRSNov-26-07 02:23 PM
Member since May 06th 2007
781 posts,
#12915, "RE: Wiring up highs/mids to amp."
In response to Reply # 1

I have dash speakers. I wasn't planning on wiring them up but thanks for tard-proofing me from doing it since i'm putting new ones in after i have my amp all set up.

Couldn't even start today. Me and the girl were having issues and then it decided to rain out and stay foggy, damp, and cold. To top it off, i'm out of cigarettes and the closest thing to beer i have right now is a bottle of grape md 20/20 that's been sitting in my fridge for months now....

Maybe tomorrow.

Goodnight sweetheart...yes its time to go...bum bum bum bum bum...good night sweetheart yes I am one little a$$hole......bum bum bum bum....

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12913 Previous topic | Next topic