Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12898
View in linear mode

Subject: "Tryin to Find the Right Line" Previous topic | Next topic
TheGhostOct-20-07 11:37 AM
Member since Sep 26th 2006
141 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12898, "Tryin to Find the Right Line"

I looked in the search could not find it so i figure i would ask. I am looking to wire up my alarm. and it says I have to wire a relay in between the wire going to the ignition switch and the starter solenoid as well as a wire going to a 12 volt ignition/crank source. Where are these wires someone tried getting into my car once I want to stop it from happening again. Where are these lines please help ... thanks.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

RoninEclipse2GOct-22-07 01:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12899, "RE: Tryin to Find the Right Line"
In response to Reply # 0

factory manuals here

should be able to find wiring diagrams in there

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Moderatorsd_eclipseOct-30-07 07:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1543 posts,
#12908, "RE: Tryin to Find the Right Line"
In response to Reply # 1
Oct-30-07 07:50 AM by sd_eclipse

I believe the wire you are looking for can be found under the steering column. If my memory serves me correctly it's a thicker solid white colored wire(starter wire) switched ignition wire is easy to find via a multimeter or test probe.

Double check the wiring diagram though.

JungyOct-31-07 08:20 AM
Member since Nov 09th 2005
164 posts,
#12912, "RE: Tryin to Find the Right Line"
In response to Reply # 2

Actually the white wire is 12v constant. The starter wire is black/red and the ignition wire is black/white.

96' eclipse gs, 2gb conversion
built bottom end, crane #16 cams, hx40 pro billet, MS1 v3 MSn'S-E, 3.55 trans, quaife lsd

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12898 Previous topic | Next topic