Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12793
View in linear mode

Subject: "How to make dvd player work when car is moving" Previous topic | Next topic
Slimyjr.May-01-07 05:07 AM
Member since Feb 08th 2007
212 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12793, "How to make dvd player work when car is moving"

Just like the title says, that is what i'm wondering. Its not for me but a friend who has a GTI. He got one of the ones that slide out and up when it turns on but the only way the dvd player works is if he has his e-brake on. Best buy installed it so i'm assusming its some sort of safety feature. Oh and he doesn't want to watch it, its for his passengers. TIA!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: How to make dvd player work when car is moving, Nightfall, May-01-07 08:46 AM, #1
RE: How to make dvd player work when car is moving, clips3kid, May-01-07 05:48 PM, #2
      RE: How to make dvd player work when car is moving, clips3kid, May-01-07 06:15 PM, #3
           RE: How to make dvd player work when car is moving, Slimyjr., May-02-07 05:04 AM, #4
                RE: How to make dvd player work when car is moving, clips3kid, May-02-07 09:41 AM, #5
                     RE: How to make dvd player work when car is moving, Slo2g, May-03-07 03:05 AM, #6
RE: How to make dvd player work when car is moving, got_NX, May-20-07 10:58 AM, #7

NightfallMay-01-07 08:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
335 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12794, "RE: How to make dvd player work when car is moving"
In response to Reply # 0

Google the model number for unlock codes or unlocking procedures and I bet you find it. That's what we did for a flip out dvd player I installed in a friends car that only would play with the e brake engaged.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

clips3kidMay-01-07 05:48 PM
Member since Oct 09th 2005
178 posts,
#12795, "RE: How to make dvd player work when car is moving"
In response to Reply # 1
May-01-07 06:10 PM by clips3kid

some of them have accelerometers in them (spelling) and you have to solder points together inside of it (high end ones of course)

others may be codes, or a simple cable

id say like last person, google the model, if you post it ill see if i can find the isntructions for you even

Edit:

"it is illegal, but it is not hard to wire to make it work. there is one wire that normally goes to the parking brake that has to see a signal when the parking break is up. you can run that wire to something else or you can just pull the parking brake up like one click just to trip the light."

"Jensen In-Dash Multimedia Receiver (VM9021TS)
The product is awesome! I found out how to play the dvd while driving down the road! Without making some dumb switch for your E Brake. Follow these steps.

1. Load dvd.
2. Wait for dvd to play and blue screen to appear.
3. Push your E Brake in three timesto make the Blue screen go away.
4. With the main remote push stop twice and then push 1, 2, 6, 4 Then a hidden menu appears.
5. Use the joystick on the left side of the screen to go
down to Brake Override and turn it ON.
6.Then click System Setupon the main remote
TWICE to SAVE the settings. "

I dont have the product to verify that.

Another way is a module like the PAC TR7
http://www.mobilcaraudio.com/catalog/item/1531160/984019.htm

Stuff: Xbox, 7inch tft screen, 2 12inch infinity 1242w's, poweracoustic amp,pioneer HU, Tokico HP struts/springs, buddy club p1 perforance II plus 17inch wheels

clips3kidMay-01-07 06:15 PM
178 posts,
#12797, "RE: How to make dvd player work when car is moving"
In response to Reply # 2

and i found these install instructions

http://www.pac-audio.com/instructions/TR-7.pdf

Stuff: Xbox, 7inch tft screen, 2 12inch infinity 1242w's, poweracoustic amp,pioneer HU, Tokico HP struts/springs, buddy club p1 perforance II plus 17inch wheels

Slimyjr.May-02-07 05:04 AM
Member since Feb 08th 2007
212 posts,
#12798, "RE: How to make dvd player work when car is moving"
In response to Reply # 3

Thanks for the replies! Helped out alot. I'll see if i can get the model number.

clips3kidMay-02-07 09:41 AM
178 posts,
#12799, "RE: How to make dvd player work when car is moving"
In response to Reply # 4

Yeah no problem. The ones i found from bestbuy that they had on the site look as though you could simply use the PAC switch, or just wire in a toggle switch .

Slo2gMay-03-07 03:05 AM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#12800, "RE: How to make dvd player work when car is moving"
In response to Reply # 5

Most of the time when its just a standard dvd player you ground the parking brake cable and put a toggle switch on it. Best Buy installed it like that because its against the law to have it playing when driving where the driver can see it. If you have something that has a gyroscope in it you will not be able to just ground the parking brake. It can be more complicated or very simple. Like ^ said, just google some bypass codes.

got_NXMay-20-07 10:58 AM
Member since Dec 22nd 2004
225 posts,
#12810, "RE: How to make dvd player work when car is moving"
In response to Reply # 0

take the wire that goes to the ebrake and ground it, the player will work all the time.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12793 Previous topic | Next topic