Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12740
View in linear mode

Subject: "98 Eclipse Factory Alarm Non-Responsive" Previous topic | Next topic
hiexpectMar-27-07 04:14 PM
Member since Mar 27th 2007
2 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12740, "98 Eclipse Factory Alarm Non-Responsive"

Hi, I have a 98 Eclipse Spyder with remote keyless entry and alarm. Everythings been working fine up until I decided to put some new batteries in my aftermarket remote and reprogram the keyfob.
Car wouldnt go into programming mode like it should when grounding my number 1 pin and so forth. Sent remote in for warranty thinking maybe that was the problem. Got new remote and still couldnt get my car into programming mode which I had done before without problems. I also realized at this time that my car wasnt being armed when I used the key to lock the doors which use to work. Also noticed my security light doesnt go on anymore on the dash, not even when I first turn the key to the on position.
Would this be a bad ETACS-ECM issue you think? Also, is there a way to manually reprogram the remotes or somehow reset the Module? This is just weird all together since everything happened after I changed my remote batteries and kept trying to reprogram before the warranty exchange.
I also checked and made sure my fuse wasn't blown. Also made sure power was getting back to the keyless entry box. I also have new door pin switches I decided to put in 3 months ago, so I dont think that would cause a non-responsive issue here.
Does anyone know what would cause my car not to go into programming mode? I have brand new key fob and I can even program that.
p.s. One last thing I sorta found weird. My cruise control isn't working anymore, which use to work just fine. Dont know if they are a related issue, but figured I would mention that incase there was something related between the two.
Thanks and sorry I wrote so much here to read.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

hiexpectMar-28-07 05:27 PM
Member since Mar 27th 2007
2 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12745, "RE: 98 Eclipse Factory Alarm Non-Responsive"
In response to Reply # 0
Mar-28-07 05:27 PM by hiexpect

Figured out my whole problem and now everythings working!!

I had installed some glow gauges not long ago and had hooked up the power wire to the wrong GN/WT wire causing the system to stay grounded with the alarm disabled.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12740 Previous topic | Next topic