Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12693
View in linear mode

Subject: "Double Din Kit (Install 2 single dins)" Previous topic | Next topic
crashoverburnedFeb-24-07 06:46 AM
Member since Aug 14th 2006
19 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12693, "Double Din Kit (Install 2 single dins)"

I'm looking to install an alpine dva 5200 and an alpine cva 1005, both single din components. How would I go about doing this? I've installed aftermarket headunits before, as I currently have an alpine 9843, but its a single din component, so its fits comfortably in the single din aftermarket install kit. I've read in previous posts that they might have aftermarket double din kits made for our cars, but I've had no luck finding them. The other alternative is to use a factory radio bracket and work with that. How would you mount the single din components. Is a trim piece required? Is the picture the right one (I don't have the factory bracket so I might need to buy one)? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

http://imageshack.us>

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Double Din Kit (Install 2 single dins), Moderatorsd_eclipse, Feb-28-07 08:43 AM, #1
RE: Double Din Kit (Install 2 single dins), crashoverburned, Mar-02-07 07:08 PM, #2
      RE: Double Din Kit (Install 2 single dins), RedLineInc07, Mar-03-07 03:10 AM, #3
           RE: Double Din Kit (Install 2 single dins), crashoverburned, Mar-03-07 05:03 PM, #4
                RE: Double Din Kit (Install 2 single dins), RedLineInc07, Mar-03-07 05:28 PM, #5
                     RE: Double Din Kit (Install 2 single dins), crashoverburned, Mar-05-07 06:11 PM, #6

Moderatorsd_eclipseFeb-28-07 08:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1543 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12699, "RE: Double Din Kit (Install 2 single dins)"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by crashoverburned
I'm looking to install an alpine dva 5200 and an alpine cva 1005, both single din components. How would I go about doing this? I've installed aftermarket headunits before, as I currently have an alpine 9843, but its a single din component, so its fits comfortably in the single din aftermarket install kit. I've read in previous posts that they might have aftermarket double din kits made for our cars, but I've had no luck finding them. The other alternative is to use a factory radio bracket and work with that. How would you mount the single din components. Is a trim piece required? Is the picture the right one (I don't have the factory bracket so I might need to buy one)? Any help is appreciated, thanks. http://imageshack.us>

Get a factory stereo bracket. Our cars have a double din setup up but used a single din radio and a little storage compartment below it. That's the storage compartment you see in the pic you linked. Ditch the storage bin and 2 single din radios will install with no problem. Well depth might be a problem on the lower din, but the relays that are behind the stereo can be moved around a little to gain some extra depth clearance.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

crashoverburnedMar-02-07 07:08 PM
19 posts,
#12702, "RE: Double Din Kit (Install 2 single dins)"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks for the advice. Do you know where I could find some factory brackets for cheap (even used)? If I got them at the dealer, do you think they'd be expensive?

RedLineInc07Mar-03-07 03:10 AM
Member since Feb 25th 2007
75 posts,
#12703, "RE: Double Din Kit (Install 2 single dins)"
In response to Reply # 2

Thanks for the advice. Do you know where I could find some factory brackets for cheap (even used)? If I got them at the dealer, do you think they'd be expensive?

Look in the for sale part of the forum or go over to the dsmtrader web site....I may have a set but I have no idea where it is, if I find it I will hit you up.

crashoverburnedMar-03-07 05:03 PM
19 posts,
#12704, "RE: Double Din Kit (Install 2 single dins)"
In response to Reply # 3

Do you have to have a certain number of posts to post in the marketplace section here on 2gnt? I tried but it wouldn't let me.

RedLineInc07Mar-03-07 05:28 PM
Member since Feb 25th 2007
75 posts,
#12705, "RE: Double Din Kit (Install 2 single dins)"
In response to Reply # 4

Do you have to have a certain number of posts to post in the marketplace section here on 2gnt? I tried but it wouldn't let me.

SSHHHHhhh yeah you do I had to learn the hard way...it's 25 bro...

crashoverburnedMar-05-07 06:11 PM
19 posts,
#12706, "RE: Double Din Kit (Install 2 single dins)"
In response to Reply # 5

Thanks for the notice. By the way, where do you think is a good place to mount the brain to the headunit? Should it be in the console, glovebox, under the seat, or in the trunk? Where do most people put it?

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12693 Previous topic | Next topic