Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12671
View in linear mode

Subject: "Actuators, Short Circuits and whatnot." Previous topic | Next topic
xxataxxFeb-12-07 08:19 AM
Member since Nov 03rd 2006
5 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12671, "Actuators, Short Circuits and whatnot."

My power locks dont work. heh.
I currently keep the fuse removed because if I leave it in, the battery gets drained. The odd thing is though, When I put the fuse in, the doors lock, but they stay locked and push against me trying to open the lock manually. I figure there is a short circuit in the dash (long story, but im almost 100% sure it'd be a short circuit) keeping the relay triggered to lock. (BTW: have both up front relay and rear qtr. panel relay). No response from either side switch.

I'm just wondering which wire is going to become my friend (*snip). I've been searching throughout the forums and read a post w/ similar symptoms but the doors would unlock instead of lock. If anyone could help me, I just want to start troubleshooting and need the color codes on these relays for the lock trigger. I'm going to sever the lock input from the relay and try it from there. If anyone has a more logical solution, lemme know. thanks!

Any help would be appreciated.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12671 Previous topic | Next topic