Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12657
View in linear mode

Subject: "free install stuff from crutchfield?" Previous topic | Next topic
MCubed45Feb-03-07 10:42 AM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12657, "free install stuff from crutchfield?"

ok so we all know their "database" is thoroughly inaccurate when it comes to our cars. does anyone know whether they'll still give you the free install accesories that are supposed to come with a HU purchase even though their "advisor" says it won't fit? it won't apply the discount if you add the harness/mounting kit to your cart manually.

i mostly just want the free wiring harness since their mounting kit eliminates the compartment under the deck...

wha'd you guys use to mount your aftermarket decks? can we take brackets off the OEM unit and use those?

i'm looking at getting this deck btw:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-V3rOyD4EigU/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=300&I=130DEHP590&search=Pioneer+VENDORID130%2C+Pioneer+VENDORID130&SearchDisplay=Pioneer%2C+Pioneer

-marc

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: free install stuff from crutchfield?, boosted60trimrst, Feb-04-07 10:05 AM, #1
RE: free install stuff from crutchfield?, Moderatorsd_eclipse, Feb-06-07 07:26 AM, #2
      RE: free install stuff from crutchfield?, MCubed45, Feb-06-07 01:10 PM, #3
           RE: free install stuff from crutchfield?, TeamDR1665, Feb-07-07 06:00 AM, #4
                RE: free install stuff from crutchfield?, djtrickee, Feb-07-07 07:04 AM, #5
                RE: free install stuff from crutchfield?, boosted60trimrst, Feb-07-07 07:59 AM, #6
                RE: free install stuff from crutchfield?, MCubed45, Feb-08-07 09:48 PM, #7
                     RE: free install stuff from crutchfield?, scirio, Apr-25-07 01:23 PM, #8
                     RE: free install stuff from crutchfield?, Kirby, May-07-07 03:40 AM, #9
RE: free install stuff from crutchfield?, dalesmitsu, May-11-07 09:31 AM, #10
RE: free install stuff from crutchfield?, whtclipse98, May-07-09 10:40 PM, #11

boosted60trimrstFeb-04-07 10:05 AM
Member since Sep 10th 2005
1183 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12658, "RE: free install stuff from crutchfield?"
In response to Reply # 0

i have mine iso mounted to the stock bracket

LED tails : Done for now!
99 eclipse rst
cobalt blue met. paint,star stage 2 upgraded t3/t460trim turbo ceramic coated , polished compressor housing, ,optima yellow top, chrome i/c piping ,front mount ntercooler ,apexi turbo timer . zeitronix wb02 ,faze oil ,boost gauge,egt ,bosch 4x plugs,kyb agx struts, pro kit springs.17''adr venomous rims,Falken azenis ,brembo dilled/slotted rotors ,turbo xs bov ,oil catch can,manual shiftknob,autometer pyrometer egt , vortech sfmu,b&m fuel pressure gauge ,accel 310cc injectors ,gasketmatched and polished intake manifold ,58mm throttle body ,no egr,polished turbonetics wastegate,fuel pump rewire,homade fcd and a lot more .LED reverse lights ,sidemarkers and tails .atx to mtx swap . South bend tz clutch . Tons more
http://imageshack.us>

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=boosted60trimrst
My contribution to the wiki
http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=crank%20arm%20spindle%20mod%20to%20fit%20power%20panels

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Moderatorsd_eclipseFeb-06-07 07:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1543 posts,
#12660, "RE: free install stuff from crutchfield?"
In response to Reply # 1

Yes, crutchfield will give you the mounting hardware for free but save yourself some cash. On our cars you just use the OEM brackets from the stock stereo to mount. Only thing you really need is a harness adapter and that can be picked up at most electronic shops for about $15 or less. I'll have to check, but I think I might even have one sitting in my garage. If I have it, you can have it for free just cover the shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-PIONEER-DEH-P5900IB-CD-MP3-CAR-RECEIVER-DEHP5900IB_W0QQitemZ170077120107QQihZ007QQcategoryZ39752QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Cheaper then crutchfield and a pretty reputable ebay seller.

MCubed45Feb-06-07 01:10 PM
2706 posts,
#12661, "RE: free install stuff from crutchfield?"
In response to Reply # 2

hmm yea i know crutchfield is on the expensive side since their an authorized dealer. i was kinda leaning towards going with them just for the sake of warranty. you guys haven't had any problems buying fron unauthorized dealers? i mean if the HU craps out, you're kinda SOL right?

-marc

TeamDR1665Feb-07-07 06:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#12662, "RE: free install stuff from crutchfield?"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by MCubed45
hmm yea i know crutchfield is on the expensive side since their an authorized dealer. i was kinda leaning towards going with them just for the sake of warranty. you guys haven't had any problems buying fron unauthorized dealers? i mean if the HU craps out, you're kinda SOL right?

Crutchfield has always been overpriced. If you're worried about a HU shitting the bed, don't buy a cheap ass HU!

When it comes to warranty, you could get a good look at a steak by sticking your head up a cow's ass, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it?

I have a 3+ year old Pioneer Premier in the Talon. Works just fine.
I have a 3+ year old Alpine in the Galant. Same deal.

I'd stick with Pioneer, Alpine, or maybe Kenwood.

djtrickeeFeb-07-07 07:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#12663, "RE: free install stuff from crutchfield?"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by DR1665
When it comes to warranty, you could get a good look at a steak by sticking your head up a cow's ass, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it?

Whatever you say Tommy.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

boosted60trimrstFeb-07-07 07:59 AM
Member since Sep 10th 2005
1183 posts,
#12664, "RE: free install stuff from crutchfield?"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by MCubed45 hmm yea i know crutchfield is on the expensive side since their an authorized dealer. i was kinda leaning towards going with them just for the sake of warranty. you guys haven't had any problems buying fron unauthorized dealers? i mean if the HU craps out, you're kinda SOL right?
Crutchfield has always been overpriced. If you're worried about a HU shitting the bed, don't buy a cheap ass HU! When it comes to warranty, you could get a good look at a steak by sticking your head up a cow's ass, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it? I have a 3+ year old Pioneer Premier in the Talon. Works just fine. I have a 3+ year old Alpine in the Galant. Same deal. I'd stick with Pioneer, Alpine, or maybe Kenwood.

i had a pioneer and a alpine and they both worked fine but my eclipse cd7000 blows pioneer and alpine away .

LED tails : Done for now!
99 eclipse rst
cobalt blue met. paint,star stage 2 upgraded t3/t460trim turbo ceramic coated , polished compressor housing, ,optima yellow top, chrome i/c piping ,front mount ntercooler ,apexi turbo timer . zeitronix wb02 ,faze oil ,boost gauge,egt ,bosch 4x plugs,kyb agx struts, pro kit springs.17''adr venomous rims,Falken azenis ,brembo dilled/slotted rotors ,turbo xs bov ,oil catch can,manual shiftknob,autometer pyrometer egt , vortech sfmu,b&m fuel pressure gauge ,accel 310cc injectors ,gasketmatched and polished intake manifold ,58mm throttle body ,no egr,polished turbonetics wastegate,fuel pump rewire,homade fcd and a lot more .LED reverse lights ,sidemarkers and tails .atx to mtx swap . South bend tz clutch . Tons more
http://imageshack.us>

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=boosted60trimrst
My contribution to the wiki
http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=crank%20arm%20spindle%20mod%20to%20fit%20power%20panels

MCubed45Feb-08-07 09:48 PM
2706 posts,
#12666, "RE: free install stuff from crutchfield?"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by MCubed45 hmm yea i know crutchfield is on the expensive side since their an authorized dealer. i was kinda leaning towards going with them just for the sake of warranty. you guys haven't had any problems buying fron unauthorized dealers? i mean if the HU craps out, you're kinda SOL right?
Crutchfield has always been overpriced. If you're worried about a HU shitting the bed, don't buy a cheap ass HU! When it comes to warranty, you could get a good look at a steak by sticking your head up a cow's ass, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it? I have a 3+ year old Pioneer Premier in the Talon. Works just fine. I have a 3+ year old Alpine in the Galant. Same deal. I'd stick with Pioneer, Alpine, or maybe Kenwood.

LOL ummm ok. cow's ass. got it.

where'd you pickup your premier from? i guess i'm a little hesitant towards purchasing a HU from non-authorized dealers. pretty much means you don't have a warranty, right?

-marc

scirioApr-25-07 01:23 PM
Member since May 13th 2002
1637 posts,
#12790, "RE: free install stuff from crutchfield?"
In response to Reply # 7

Did you ever end up getting it? I have a $20 promo code that they give you when you order something from there. "$20 off next purchase"
Lemme know if you need it

-WILL

AIM - scirio
Got Boost? ...No.

Originally posted by a drunk DSMRoadster
drink now and nafter goddanti! celebaeration birches!

KirbyMay-07-07 03:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2181 posts,
#12802, "RE: free install stuff from crutchfield?"
In response to Reply # 7

LOL ummm ok. cow's ass. got it. where'd you pickup your premier from? i guess i'm a little hesitant towards purchasing a HU from non-authorized dealers. pretty much means you don't have a warranty, right?

You still have a warrenty from the manfacturer. Sure you may be able to get a satisfaction guaranty with crutchfield where if you're not happy in 30 days you can bring it back, but most shops will offer the same deal. It's not like if you buy one elsewhere and it comes in DOA you can't send it back. Crutchfield offers no more warrenty than the factory anyway, so you'll get the standerd 1 yr warrenty or whatever you would get elsewhere. On the other hand I do like crutchfield and do take my business there, but mostly because I get gift certs for them.. They do still send the free stuff but you may have to call for it. I got the harness and the install "kit" with my last HU purchase.

I edited to the wiki!

NOTE TO SELF: Go commando to wedding. Scar the Irishman for life.

dalesmitsuMay-11-07 09:31 AM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#12805, "RE: free install stuff from crutchfield?"
In response to Reply # 0

ok so we all know their "database" is thoroughly inaccurate when it comes to our cars. does anyone know whether they'll still give you the free install accesories that are supposed to come with a HU purchase even though their "advisor" says it won't fit? it won't apply the discount if you add the harness/mounting kit to your cart manually. i mostly just want the free wiring harness since their mounting kit eliminates the compartment under the deck... wha'd you guys use to mount your aftermarket decks? can we take brackets off the OEM unit and use those? i'm looking at getting this deck btw: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-V3rOyD4EigU/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=300&I=130DEHP590&search=Pioneer+VENDORID130%2C+Pioneer+VENDORID130&SearchDisplay=Pioneer%2C+Pioneer

Looks nice but I an older model will post pics up later, I recommned with HU buy Infinitys dash doors and rear. This sound amazing better than subs just my opinion. Sorry, I don't subs they're for eating, lol

Two, questions. Do you a turbo becuase it says you have a Apexi N1 cat-back, you actually 600 for that wow.

Your screamin demon coilpack, how is it theprices are good. TI might one what plugs do you use , not wires .

whtclipse98May-07-09 10:40 PM
Member since Mar 18th 2009
137 posts,
#13025, "RE: free install stuff from crutchfield?"
In response to Reply # 10
May-07-09 10:42 PM by whtclipse98

OOPs didn't see the date, ignore my idiocy.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12657 Previous topic | Next topic