Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12636
View in linear mode

Subject: "installed headunit ... no sound" Previous topic | Next topic
ColtsNumba1FanJan-03-07 02:03 PM
Member since Mar 27th 2005
399 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12636, "installed headunit ... no sound"

hey whats up everyone? i installed a headunit today, it comes on and everything but no sound, anyone know what i could check to see? ive been messing with this all day and finally said f**k it LOL anyone had this problem?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: installed headunit ... no sound, ShoalsDSM97, Jan-03-07 04:04 PM, #1
RE: installed headunit ... no sound, MitsuEclipseGS, Jan-03-07 06:37 PM, #2
      RE: installed headunit ... no sound, ColtsNumba1Fan, Jan-03-07 07:42 PM, #3
           RE: installed headunit ... no sound, MitsuEclipseGS, Jan-04-07 02:20 AM, #4
                RE: installed headunit ... no sound, boosted60trimrst, Jan-04-07 05:59 AM, #5
                     RE: installed headunit ... no sound, stvnaln, Jan-07-07 03:58 PM, #6

ShoalsDSM97Jan-03-07 04:04 PM
Member since Dec 01st 2006
30 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12637, "RE: installed headunit ... no sound"
In response to Reply # 0

Did ya check and then double check the wire connections to the aftermarket harness? Do you have the infinity amp?

FranklinDSM -- RIP (damn pole)
The new car: '97 Eclipse GS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

MitsuEclipseGSJan-03-07 06:37 PM
Member since Dec 30th 2003
375 posts,
#12638, "RE: installed headunit ... no sound"
In response to Reply # 1

Is it a new or used deck?
-Todd

Star Stage II, Greddy Type S, ADFX 3" DP, blah blah blah

ColtsNumba1FanJan-03-07 07:42 PM
Member since Mar 27th 2005
399 posts,
#12639, "RE: installed headunit ... no sound"
In response to Reply # 2

yes i double checked and black taped everything ....

it is a used indash dvd player from ebay, got a good deal on it, i spoke to the guy i got it from, he says to wire the blue/white wire, which is amp turn on, in with the yellow power wire, that will give me my sound, dunno why it would be that way but i hope it works....

and also any suggestions on the ground? the unit has a ground that i hooked up with the ground from the harness, is this a good ground or should i use the chasis around the unit?

MitsuEclipseGSJan-04-07 02:20 AM
Member since Dec 30th 2003
375 posts,
#12640, "RE: installed headunit ... no sound"
In response to Reply # 3

I didnt know we had a ground in the factory harness. I thought mitsubishi you have to ground it to the car itself. I dont know about the blue wire. Usually the blue is either antenna or amp turn on. If its amp turn on, and you dont have an amp you dont need to connect it. Since the deck is used, I would take it to a place that sells car stereo stuff and have them test the deck. There are shadey people on ebay that will sell anything, especially a broken deck.
-Todd

Star Stage II, Greddy Type S, ADFX 3" DP, blah blah blah

boosted60trimrstJan-04-07 05:59 AM
Member since Sep 10th 2005
1183 posts,
#12641, "RE: installed headunit ... no sound"
In response to Reply # 4

y would you ever want the amp remote wire to the battery . if u did put a amp it will always be on . that also wouldnt have nothing to do with not getting sound since theres no amps right? the ground should go to the chassis or theres a chance you will have noise in ur system . also you should have soldered ur connections . maybe your tape job came apart and the speakers are not connected ? . if the connections are good and getting power theres not many other reasons its not working other than the headunit being bad .

LED tails : Done for now!
99 eclipse rst
cobalt blue met. paint,star stage 2 upgraded t3/t460trim turbo ceramic coated , polished compressor housing, ,optima yellow top, chrome i/c piping ,front mount ntercooler ,apexi turbo timer . zeitronix wb02 ,faze oil ,boost gauge,egt ,bosch 4x plugs,kyb agx struts, pro kit springs.17''adr venomous rims,Falken azenis ,brembo dilled/slotted rotors ,turbo xs bov ,oil catch can,manual shiftknob,autometer pyrometer egt , vortech sfmu,b&m fuel pressure gauge ,accel 310cc injectors ,gasketmatched and polished intake manifold ,58mm throttle body ,no egr,polished turbonetics wastegate,fuel pump rewire,homade fcd and a lot more .LED reverse lights ,sidemarkers and tails .atx to mtx swap . South bend tz clutch . Tons more
http://imageshack.us>

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=boosted60trimrst
My contribution to the wiki
http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=crank%20arm%20spindle%20mod%20to%20fit%20power%20panels

stvnalnJan-07-07 03:58 PM
Member since Dec 21st 2003
15 posts,
#12646, "RE: installed headunit ... no sound"
In response to Reply # 5

First, let's check the head unit out.
disconnect the outputs front and rear from the car's harness.
find a test speaker, a 4 ohm known good speaker.
power on your head unit with good signal or cd playing and connect the test speaker to each of the four outputs one at the time to make sure the head unit is functioning on all channels as it is supposed to be (you should hear sound from the speaker each time).
If everything checks out (if it doesnt, you have a bad head unit barring other problems), let's look in a different direction.

look under the passenger seat in a 2G, some have an amplifier that has a round din-type plug in one side and a molex output plug in the same or other side connecting to a box bolted with 10mm-12mm to a bracket under the seat. If your car doesn't have one of these amplifiers then check the speaker wiring from the head to the speaker.
Otherwise, these amplifiers whether infinity(all molex plugs usually) or OEM, we need to consider the input types. most are differential input but some are common ground input.
What does this have to do with anything?
Some head units will work with the stock harness wiring and work with the OEM amplifier to the OEM/aftermarket speakers (signal sensing amp turn-on). Some will not, if your's will not, you might need to run individual speaker pair wires for the rear speakers to bypass the OEM amp.
Any questions, PM me.
I am not always right, but my intentions are genuine.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12636 Previous topic | Next topic