Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12629
View in linear mode

Subject: "AVIC-N2 bypass for video lock out!" Previous topic | Next topic
Slo2gDec-29-06 06:40 PM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12629, "AVIC-N2 bypass for video lock out!"

Yay!! I just thought that I would post that I bypassed the gyroscope on the AVIC-N2 so now I can use all of the Navi functions while driving and don't have to come to a stop to use it! Its just a bonus for the passenger that they can watch dvds in the front on trips now. I know this has probably been done before but I just wanted to post because I am excited about it!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: AVIC-N2 bypass for video lock out!, EvMan2345, Dec-30-06 04:56 AM, #1
RE: AVIC-N2 bypass for video lock out!, Slo2g, Dec-30-06 05:56 PM, #2
      RE: AVIC-N2 bypass for video lock out!, oMInOUs97RS, Dec-31-06 04:58 AM, #3
           RE: AVIC-N2 bypass for video lock out!, Slo2g, Dec-31-06 05:50 AM, #4
                RE: AVIC-N2 bypass for video lock out!, MCubed45, Jan-18-07 08:02 PM, #5
                RE: AVIC-N2 bypass for video lock out!, scirio, Apr-25-07 01:25 PM, #6

EvMan2345Dec-30-06 04:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12630, "RE: AVIC-N2 bypass for video lock out!"
In response to Reply # 0

did you have to move a wire to an empty slot in the top right corner on the harness and ground it? Thats what I had to do to my D2

Evan B
02 Explorer
97 GS- sold
90 GSX-sold
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Slo2gDec-30-06 05:56 PM
1074 posts,
#12631, "RE: AVIC-N2 bypass for video lock out!"
In response to Reply # 1

No on the bottom of the actual head unit there is a small silver cover that you peal off. Once its off there should be two contact points that have R197 or F197 on them. All you have to do is connect the two points, BUT there is wax around them so if you don't do it carefully then you will wax over the connections and won't be able to do it. I did it with a soldering iron and dropped some solder on it. I SHOULD have used a circuit writer to do it but I couldn't find one. Works great now! Amazing how simple it is.

oMInOUs97RSDec-31-06 04:58 AM
Member since Mar 22nd 2002
394 posts,
#12632, "RE: AVIC-N2 bypass for video lock out!"
In response to Reply # 2

The N3 and Z1 are even simpler to bypass

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
-Albert Einstein

Slo2gDec-31-06 05:50 AM
1074 posts,
#12633, "RE: AVIC-N2 bypass for video lock out!"
In response to Reply # 3

Yeah I found that out while I was looking for the N2 bypass.

MCubed45Jan-18-07 08:02 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#12653, "RE: AVIC-N2 bypass for video lock out!"
In response to Reply # 4

wow i didn't know they had gyroscope sensors now. i guess they realized people weren't connecting the e-brake sensor like they wanted them to. lol

-marc

scirioApr-25-07 01:25 PM
Member since May 13th 2002
1637 posts,
#12791, "RE: AVIC-N2 bypass for video lock out!"
In response to Reply # 4

Wouldn't it suck if you wrecked becasue you were busy inputing something on the headunit lol

-WILL

AIM - scirio
Got Boost? ...No.

Originally posted by a drunk DSMRoadster
drink now and nafter goddanti! celebaeration birches!

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12629 Previous topic | Next topic