Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12595
View in linear mode

Subject: "Greddy Turbo Timer Install question???" Previous topic | Next topic
BoostedEclipseNov-01-06 05:20 PM
Donating 2GNT member
283 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12595, "Greddy Turbo Timer Install question???"

I bought the greddy full auto turbo timer and the harness for the 95-99 gst. The two connectors where the harness and turbo timer would plug together are different. Has anyone ever had this problem before or could I just cut the wires and solder the together?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Greddy Turbo Timer Install question???, ChloRure, Nov-01-06 05:51 PM, #1
RE: Greddy Turbo Timer Install question???, GorkoRacing, Nov-02-06 03:59 AM, #2
      RE: Greddy Turbo Timer Install question???, Moderatorcs82685, Nov-02-06 11:05 AM, #3
           RE: Greddy Turbo Timer Install question???, GorkoRacing, Nov-02-06 11:14 AM, #4
                RE: Greddy Turbo Timer Install question???, Moderatorcs82685, Nov-02-06 11:28 AM, #5
                     RE: Greddy Turbo Timer Install question???, GorkoRacing, Nov-02-06 12:20 PM, #6
                          RE: Greddy Turbo Timer Install question???, Moderatorcs82685, Dec-02-06 08:43 PM, #7
                               RE: Greddy Turbo Timer Install question???, techboy, Dec-04-06 09:09 AM, #8
                                    RE: Greddy Turbo Timer Install question???, boosted60trimrst, Dec-06-06 01:41 AM, #9

ChloRureNov-01-06 05:51 PM
Member since May 16th 2006
262 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12596, "RE: Greddy Turbo Timer Install question???"
In response to Reply # 0

Ive bought an Apexi Turbo Timer with greddy harness and they fit #1 with the harness on the car. You sure you got the one for 95-99 ?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

GorkoRacingNov-02-06 03:59 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1757 posts,
#12597, "RE: Greddy Turbo Timer Install question???"
In response to Reply # 1

Should be plug and play

Moderatorcs82685Nov-02-06 11:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#12598, "RE: Greddy Turbo Timer Install question???"
In response to Reply # 2
Nov-02-06 11:11 AM by cs82685

I'm not positive, but I think I had something similar happen with my blitz tt. If I remember correctly, there was an adapter harness that attached to the harness on the tt and then to the harness for the car.

I definetly remember doing this now, b/c I was confused when I got the harness for the car and ended up calling the company to figure out what the problem was.

I look into it see if I can find a receipt or something to vouch for this though

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

GorkoRacingNov-02-06 11:14 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1757 posts,
#12599, "RE: Greddy Turbo Timer Install question???"
In response to Reply # 3

He said he got the gst harness which is the same for our cars. The tt should plug into that harness then the harness ends should plug right into the car under the steering column.

Moderatorcs82685Nov-02-06 11:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#12600, "RE: Greddy Turbo Timer Install question???"
In response to Reply # 4
Nov-02-06 11:29 AM by cs82685

Originally posted by GorkoRacing
He said he got the gst harness which is the same for our cars. The tt should plug into that harness then the harness ends should plug right into the car under the steering column.

I understand, I'm saying that on mine there was a short harness that came out of the back of the tt, maybe a couple inches, and then the gst harness, they weren't compatible, I called up blitz and there was a harness that went in between the two

now I wanna take some panels out and double check on this so I know I'm not going crazy

GorkoRacingNov-02-06 12:20 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1757 posts,
#12601, "RE: Greddy Turbo Timer Install question???"
In response to Reply # 5
Nov-02-06 12:20 PM by GorkoRacing

Originally posted by cs82685
Originally posted by GorkoRacing He said he got the gst harness which is the same for our cars. The tt should plug into that harness then the harness ends should plug right into the car under the steering column.
I understand, I'm saying that on mine there was a short harness that came out of the back of the tt, maybe a couple inches, and then the gst harness, they weren't compatible, I called up blitz and there was a harness that went in between the two now I wanna take some panels out and double check on this so I know I'm not going crazy

Hmmm sounds odd to me, not to say it isnt true. I've got an apex'i TT and she plugged right into the greddy gst harness

Moderatorcs82685Dec-02-06 08:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#12602, "RE: Greddy Turbo Timer Install question???"
In response to Reply # 6

I know this is old, but I was browsing a site and found what I was talking about

http://www.performancecenter.com/products/single_product?tpcpartnumber=HKS74108-003100&category_name_sub=Turbo+Accessories&sf4=Turbo+Harnesses&universal=1&sf5=Universal+Fit&category_name=Superchargers+%26+Turbos&color_index=0&brandname=0

techboyDec-04-06 09:09 AM
Member since May 20th 2002
1662 posts,
#12603, "RE: Greddy Turbo Timer Install question???"
In response to Reply # 7

I have a Greddy TT and the Greddy TT harness installed on my car. I think it took 5 minutes to do. Sounds like they sent you the wrong harness to me.

1999 Eclipse GST 4G63

boosted60trimrstDec-06-06 01:41 AM
Member since Sep 10th 2005
1183 posts,
#12604, "RE: Greddy Turbo Timer Install question???"
In response to Reply # 8

apexi tt with greddy gst harness . clipped right in

LED tails : Done for now!
99 eclipse rst
cobalt blue met. paint,star stage 2 upgraded t3/t460trim turbo ceramic coated , polished compressor housing, ,optima yellow top, chrome i/c piping ,front mount ntercooler ,apexi turbo timer . zeitronix wb02 ,faze oil ,boost gauge,egt ,bosch 4x plugs,kyb agx struts, pro kit springs.17''adr venomous rims,Falken azenis ,brembo dilled/slotted rotors ,turbo xs bov ,oil catch can,manual shiftknob,autometer pyrometer egt , vortech sfmu,b&m fuel pressure gauge ,accel 310cc injectors ,gasketmatched and polished intake manifold ,58mm throttle body ,no egr,polished turbonetics wastegate,fuel pump rewire,homade fcd and a lot more .LED reverse lights ,sidemarkers and tails .atx to mtx swap . South bend tz clutch . Tons more
http://imageshack.us>

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=boosted60trimrst
My contribution to the wiki
http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=crank%20arm%20spindle%20mod%20to%20fit%20power%20panels

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12595 Previous topic | Next topic