Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12579
View in linear mode

Subject: "door speaker question" Previous topic | Next topic
LeakyMitsuNov-08-06 02:22 PM
Member since Nov 15th 2002
311 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12579, "door speaker question"

Right now i have rockford power 5.25's in the front and power 6.5's in the rear...should i flip them? it sounds like all the sound is coming from the 6.5's. will 6.5 even fit in the front doors?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Moderatorsd_eclipseNov-13-06 07:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1543 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12584, "RE: door speaker question"
In response to Reply # 0
Nov-13-06 07:42 AM by sd_eclipse

You would have to look at the specs for the speaker itself. Depth is the main concern. Other then that, you can dremel the front pod out a little to take a 6.5" speaker. I had an Infinity Reference 6.5" component set installed on the front doors. Just had to dremel the pod a little bit to get it to take the 6.5" speaker but it wasn't very hard.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

hookduphatchNov-13-06 08:15 AM
Member since Jul 10th 2004
552 posts,
#12585, "RE: door speaker question"
In response to Reply # 1

best bet is to get the right pods to do the flip. i personally run 6.5's up front and 6x9's in the rear, but i adjust the fade toward the front to get equal sound.

95 Eclipse RS - Sold and In Montana Now
Project 95 GSX - In Full swing.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12579 Previous topic | Next topic