Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12537
View in linear mode

Subject: "Headunit cuts out around turns" Previous topic | Next topic
DSMTalonSep-27-06 08:03 AM
Member since Nov 13th 2005
267 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12537, "Headunit cuts out around turns"

ok so ive noticed that a few days ago, im driving around town and i took a turn...kinda sharp, and the Headunit died out for a second, just long enough to make it have to re-read the cd i was playing. From the looks of it the whole unit lost power or something..then once i was through the turn it came back on and went on its merry way. im not sure whats up with that, or if theres any factory defects i should know about in the wiring harness, or problem spots... any idead fellas?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Chris97RSSep-27-06 09:58 AM
Member since Jul 21st 2005
229 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12538, "RE: Headunit cuts out around turns"
In response to Reply # 0

I'd probably start with looking for loose connections in the wiring harness, and possibly and exposed wire that is grounding out on something.

DSM= Doesn't Start Monthly

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

hookduphatchSep-27-06 10:55 AM
Member since Jul 10th 2004
552 posts,
#12539, "RE: Headunit cuts out around turns"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by Chris97RS
I'd probably start with looking for loose connections in the wiring harness, and possibly and exposed wire that is grounding out on something.

if it were an exposed wire he would have blown the fuse. it's more than likely just a loose connection. also check to make sure you have a good ground.

95 Eclipse RS - Sold and In Montana Now
Project 95 GSX - In Full swing.

DSMTalonSep-27-06 04:23 PM
267 posts,
#12540, "RE: Headunit cuts out around turns"
In response to Reply # 2

lol this problem really came to a head about an hour after i posted this... lol car cut out sick on me when i took a turn being tailed by an RSX...car cut out almost like it was hitting fuel cut...then i backed out of the throttle, and everything came back on... so i romped back down on the gas, and owned a RSX.

turbo8uSep-28-06 08:26 PM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#12541, "RE: Headunit cuts out around turns"
In response to Reply # 3

GROUND.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

"turnin wrenches for nine hours in the pouring rain, just to get the beast up and running again"

Aerospace Certified TIG welder for Precision Castparts in Portland, OR.

JoshSpair.com

DSMTalonOct-04-06 08:09 AM
267 posts,
#12546, "RE: Headunit cuts out around turns"
In response to Reply # 4

lol actually found out what the problem was....

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=87406&mode=full

theres the full story

Sanity's Eclipse

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12537 Previous topic | Next topic