Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12511
View in linear mode

Subject: "Q? for car stereo masters" Previous topic | Next topic
MitsuEclipseGSSep-19-06 12:44 PM
Member since Dec 30th 2003
375 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12511, "Q? for car stereo masters"

Ok I do have a background in car stereo (installer for Ultimate Electronics) but I cant seem to figure this one out. I have an Audiobahn dvd/cd player and an in dash screen. Every couple days while listening to the radio or cd Ill push on the brake or use the turn signal and it will blow the interior light fuse (not the radio fuse) in the engine bay. After that the radio wont work until I replace that fuse. It doesnt do it all the time, just every once in a while. I checked the deck and wiring about 3 times and couldnt find anything grounding out. Does anyone have a clue what could be going on?
-Todd

Star Stage II, Greddy Type S, ADFX 3" DP, blah blah blah

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Q? for car stereo masters, hookduphatch, Sep-19-06 03:53 PM, #1
RE: Q? for car stereo masters, MitsuEclipseGS, Sep-19-06 04:17 PM, #2
      RE: Q? for car stereo masters, hookduphatch, Sep-19-06 04:39 PM, #3
           RE: Q? for car stereo masters, MitsuEclipseGS, Sep-23-06 10:26 AM, #4
                RE: Q? for car stereo masters, VOTBLINDUB, Sep-24-06 08:29 AM, #5
                RE: Q? for car stereo masters, hookduphatch, Sep-27-06 07:02 AM, #6
                     RE: Q? for car stereo masters, oMInOUs97RS, Oct-06-06 09:40 PM, #7
                          RE: Q? for car stereo masters, MitsuEclipseGS, Oct-07-06 03:32 PM, #8

hookduphatchSep-19-06 03:53 PM
Member since Jul 10th 2004
552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12512, "RE: Q? for car stereo masters"
In response to Reply # 0

you're overloading the stock fuse. you need to wire the constant power i think straight to battery, not through the stock harness. that should fix the problem. or maybe it's the accessory. can't remember exactly. but that's your problem nonetheless.

95 Eclipse RS - Sold and In Montana Now
Project 95 GSX - In Full swing.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

MitsuEclipseGSSep-19-06 04:17 PM
375 posts,
#12513, "RE: Q? for car stereo masters"
In response to Reply # 1

Hey thank Im gonna try that tonight.
-Todd

hookduphatchSep-19-06 04:39 PM
552 posts,
#12514, "RE: Q? for car stereo masters"
In response to Reply # 2

no prob man. higher amperage accessories can't be run through the stock harness.

MitsuEclipseGSSep-23-06 10:26 AM
375 posts,
#12522, "RE: Q? for car stereo masters"
In response to Reply # 3

What size fuse do you think I should use, just a standard 10.
-Todd

VOTBLINDUBSep-24-06 08:29 AM
Member since Dec 29th 2003
403 posts,
#12525, "RE: Q? for car stereo masters"
In response to Reply # 4

if its a stock fuse in the car and its a 10, dont change it, always use 10s, thats the safest bet

I just wish my car was as fast as it was loud. people tell me i should use my sub to push it, it might go faster.

hookduphatchSep-27-06 07:02 AM
552 posts,
#12536, "RE: Q? for car stereo masters"
In response to Reply # 4

put a standard 10 back in the fuse socket, and run the main battery power connection for the audio stuff directly to your battery. it'll fix your problem

oMInOUs97RSOct-06-06 09:40 PM
Member since Mar 22nd 2002
394 posts,
#12548, "RE: Q? for car stereo masters"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by hookduphatch
put a standard 10 back in the fuse socket, and run the main battery power connection for the audio stuff directly to your battery. it'll fix your problem

Make sure you fuse your new power supply near the battery!!!!
I dunno if that's common sense to you but to many it is not.

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
-Albert Einstein

MitsuEclipseGSOct-07-06 03:32 PM
375 posts,
#12549, "RE: Q? for car stereo masters"
In response to Reply # 7

It still did it so I think the deck was crap so I trashed it.
-Todd

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12511 Previous topic | Next topic