Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12424
View in linear mode

Subject: "Air space for this setup, advice?" Previous topic | Next topic
dalesmitsuAug-02-06 02:44 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12424, "Air space for this setup, advice?"

I wanna install four subs(12inch) and two amps (bolted to the rear fold down seats).

Yes, Want copy
setup just like in the Need For Speed Underground Ps2 game at the
demo movie in the beginning.

It looks like it could work.

Guy, at circuit city, said its impossible you need air space. Is this true.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Air space for this setup, advice?, dalesmitsu, Aug-02-06 02:46 PM, #1
RE: Air space for this setup, advice?, hookduphatch, Aug-02-06 03:03 PM, #2
      RE: Air space for this setup, advice?, Slo2g, Aug-02-06 09:42 PM, #3
           RE: Air space for this setup, advice?, hookduphatch, Aug-04-06 09:38 PM, #4
RE: Air space for this setup, advice?, dalesmitsu, Aug-05-06 03:26 PM, #5
RE: Air space for this setup, advice?, dalesmitsu, Aug-05-06 03:38 PM, #6

dalesmitsuAug-02-06 02:46 PM
986 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12425, "RE: Air space for this setup, advice?"
In response to Reply # 0

I meant in the hatch area

Sub placement :

Two facin out up against the rear seats and one on each side of the my hatchback facing at each other.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

hookduphatchAug-02-06 03:03 PM
Member since Jul 10th 2004
552 posts,
#12426, "RE: Air space for this setup, advice?"
In response to Reply # 1

you could build an enclosure for that. i mean, i don't see the point. if you had to sacrifice a little space, general rule being about 1 cubic foot per sub, you could always add polyfill. i mean no offense, but two would be more than enough. anything is possible if you spend the time to think it out, just think it's more than you really want to do.

95 Eclipse RS - Sold and In Montana Now
Project 95 GSX - In Full swing.

Slo2gAug-02-06 09:42 PM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#12429, "RE: Air space for this setup, advice?"
In response to Reply # 2

The air space that you need varies for the type of sub that you get. For instance put an infinity DVC 12 in a 1.25 cubic ft. box and then put a alpine type r 12 in the same box and tell me which one sounds better, the infinity will because the r needs more air. You could do it, it would be easier to get the most air space out of your trunk/hatch by doing a fiberglass enclosure but its going to have to be several several layers thick. If you are looking for good clean loud bass get a type r and a box that would match, at least 1.5 cubic ft., and a nice size amp with 4 gauge wiring kit. If you want to have a show set up then start reading on how to fiberglass. Its really not that hard, just takes a lot of patience to perfect it.

hookduphatchAug-04-06 09:38 PM
Member since Jul 10th 2004
552 posts,
#12433, "RE: Air space for this setup, advice?"
In response to Reply # 3

like i said, 1 cubic foot is the general rating. and polyfill will trick the sub into thinking it's in a larger box. i'm a big rockford fan. going with all power series components and 1/0 wiring with a 5 farad digital capacitor and the battery mounted in the trunk with only about 2 foot of wire in between the battery and the amp. 2 12" rockford t1's in a vented box running off a power 1000 amp, it'll be LOUD.

95 Eclipse RS - Sold and In Montana Now
Project 95 GSX - In Full swing.

dalesmitsuAug-05-06 03:26 PM
986 posts,
#12434, "RE: Air space for this setup, advice?"
In response to Reply # 0

The story:

I've bought a pair of 12inch audiobahn subs Comp,series Probend Enclourse. Has four port holes and Plexi glass on it also.

I paid my brother 90 for it. Each sub has 500wtt on the magnet.

These discountined from crutchifeld they handle about 1000wtt think.

Was planning on install two more 12 inch got second thought about it.

Where can I buy the rear deck platform for putting on top in the rear Hatch

dalesmitsuAug-05-06 03:38 PM
986 posts,
#12435, "RE: Air space for this setup, advice?"
In response to Reply # 5

Continue:
Before my brother passed away, was going to sell'em so my DSM wouldn't be heavy with the subs and amps.

Is there much difference weight wise in the hatch area cause weight on the axles.

How much gas per mileage save/ burn with all this weight.

I want my Dsm to be fast,sound good too.

More info. please

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12424 Previous topic | Next topic