Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12360
View in linear mode

Subject: "Subwoofer Preamps" Previous topic | Next topic
Keith2172Jun-29-06 05:32 AM
Member since Jan 16th 2004
1281 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12360, "Subwoofer Preamps"

I have preamps on my JVC headunit for 'front channel', 'rear surround', 'subwoofer', and 'center'. The front and rear channels are both red and white pairs, but the subwoofer preamp is a single blue coax, and the center preamp is a single red coax. I have the sub hooked up to the front pair, but I'd like to know how to hook it up to the subwoofer preamp so I can control the sub volume. How do I do this? Do I hook the white to the blue subwoofer coax and the red to the red center coax? Thanks in advance.

Representing the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I think I'm the only member )

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Subwoofer Preamps, ThePerfectShift, Jun-29-06 08:51 AM, #1
RE: Subwoofer Preamps, Keith2172, Jun-29-06 09:37 AM, #2
      RE: Subwoofer Preamps, Pitchblack98, Jun-29-06 10:20 AM, #3
           RE: Subwoofer Preamps, Keith2172, Jun-29-06 12:29 PM, #4
                RE: Subwoofer Preamps, VOTBLINDUB, Jul-17-06 04:26 PM, #5
                     RE: Subwoofer Preamps, hookduphatch, Jul-17-06 09:38 PM, #6
                          RE: Subwoofer Preamps, Chamuko, Jul-30-06 09:13 AM, #7
                               RE: Subwoofer Preamps, Keith2172, Jul-31-06 05:46 AM, #8

ThePerfectShiftJun-29-06 08:51 AM
Member since May 02nd 2006
199 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12362, "RE: Subwoofer Preamps"
In response to Reply # 0

so your saying that you have one RCA for you subs?? That's a little odd, but if that's the case then I'd reccomend getting a splitter from walmart or something and hooking up both RCA's from the amp to the single RCA on the deck. You got any pictures?

Originally posted by thedawg

I ran 15-18psi on my stock a604 for about 30k miles then it broke. It makes cool whining noises now.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Keith2172Jun-29-06 09:37 AM
1281 posts,
#12363, "RE: Subwoofer Preamps"
In response to Reply # 1

I don't have pics right now, but a buddy of mine suggested the same thing earlier. I think I'll try that and I'll get back to you with how it works.

Pitchblack98Jun-29-06 10:20 AM
Member since Jan 11th 2003
1691 posts,
#12364, "RE: Subwoofer Preamps"
In response to Reply # 2

you need the splitter... The deck I put in my wifes car is the same way. Get the RCA splitter and hook the single sub rca to it and then that to the L and R input on your amp.

Keith2172Jun-29-06 12:29 PM
1281 posts,
#12365, "RE: Subwoofer Preamps"
In response to Reply # 3

The more I think about it the more that makes sense, I just didn't want to back feed through it and blow the deck. Thanks guys.

VOTBLINDUBJul-17-06 04:26 PM
Member since Dec 29th 2003
403 posts,
#12406, "RE: Subwoofer Preamps"
In response to Reply # 4

alpine makes this little knob that allows you to control the bass output, also some amps come with a controller

I just wish my car was as fast as it was loud. people tell me i should use my sub to push it, it might go faster.

hookduphatchJul-17-06 09:38 PM
Member since Jul 10th 2004
552 posts,
#12407, "RE: Subwoofer Preamps"
In response to Reply # 5

most newer dedicated sub amps can be hooked up to a mono rca. which is what you're describing. you can also hook them up stereo, but they leave you the option.

95 Eclipse RS - Sold and In Montana Now
Project 95 GSX - In Full swing.

ChamukoJul-30-06 09:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#12419, "RE: Subwoofer Preamps"
In response to Reply # 6

exactly. I have never seen an amp that cant be set to MONO. It should be on the amp itself and usually its the white one that needs to be hooked up.

Dude why didnt you show me this at MOD?

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

Keith2172Jul-31-06 05:46 AM
1281 posts,
#12420, "RE: Subwoofer Preamps"
In response to Reply # 7

I've got them wired to a Y-connector and then to the preamp, pounds loud as hell so I figured it was workin'good

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12360 Previous topic | Next topic