Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12287
View in linear mode

Subject: "Jenson In-Dash DVD VM9410" Previous topic | Next topic
Keith2172Jun-05-06 01:49 PM
Member since Jan 16th 2004
1281 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12287, "Jenson In-Dash DVD VM9410"

Anyone have any experience with this DVD player?

http://www.audiovox.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&productId=14248&langId=-1

I've read a few reviews varying from they love it to they hate it. I really just got it for free (know a guy that wrecked his truck and said just take it cause he doesn't want to look at the mess anymore) so I'm not out anything, I just wondering if it's worth my time to install it or not?

Representing the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I think I'm the only member )

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Jenson In-Dash DVD VM9410, clipse_2005, Jun-05-06 04:42 PM, #1
RE: Jenson In-Dash DVD VM9410, Keith2172, Jun-06-06 04:59 AM, #2
      RE: Jenson In-Dash DVD VM9410, clipse_2005, Jun-06-06 08:04 AM, #3
           RE: Jenson In-Dash DVD VM9410, Chamuko, Jun-06-06 09:47 AM, #4
                RE: Jenson In-Dash DVD VM9410, Keith2172, Jun-06-06 12:23 PM, #5
                     RE: Jenson In-Dash DVD VM9410, Chamuko, Jun-09-06 02:35 PM, #6

clipse_2005Jun-05-06 04:42 PM
Member since Sep 15th 2005
269 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12288, "RE: Jenson In-Dash DVD VM9410"
In response to Reply # 0

I have it and it really doesn't bother me too much except for two things that REALLY piss me off about it.

1) The volume knob is VERY touchy and if on mine at least if you try to turn it down quickly, the volume goes UP... makes no sense to me but that's what happens.

2) On mine if you play an audio CD it skips like all hell even with a new CD... BUT if I play an MP3 CD, it doesn't skip, so that's just what I do.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Keith2172Jun-06-06 04:59 AM
1281 posts,
#12289, "RE: Jenson In-Dash DVD VM9410"
In response to Reply # 1

This is great info, have you tried using the remote, does it make it easier? I ask because I've heard a few complaints about the knobs and I just figured the remote would bypass the trouble. How's the DVD playback and picture quality?

clipse_2005Jun-06-06 08:04 AM
Member since Sep 15th 2005
269 posts,
#12290, "RE: Jenson In-Dash DVD VM9410"
In response to Reply # 2

I have never tried adjusting the volume with the remote. The DVD playback is good and the pictures quality is good too. I would buy it again if I had to choose an in-dash.

ChamukoJun-06-06 09:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#12292, "RE: Jenson In-Dash DVD VM9410"
In response to Reply # 3

Install isnt more then an hour or so for the average 2ngt man, just do it..

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

Keith2172Jun-06-06 12:23 PM
1281 posts,
#12294, "RE: Jenson In-Dash DVD VM9410"
In response to Reply # 4

Yeah, one problem though (which won't stop the install mind you, just provide an obstacle) during removal apparently the power wire was pulled out of the connector. So either I find a new connector or a pin for the connector, but the problem with each of those options is the reciever is an outdated model and I haven't yet found a harness kit for it, and there are two empty spots on the connector that are possible spots for the power wire. I think I'll try to find a pin for it and see where it goes, as that is the cheaper DSM way to go about doing things. Wish me luck and I'll do picks after it goes in.

ChamukoJun-09-06 02:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#12297, "RE: Jenson In-Dash DVD VM9410"
In response to Reply # 5

send me a pic dude, ill find it.

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12287 Previous topic | Next topic