Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12256
View in linear mode

Subject: "Gauges" Previous topic | Next topic
Dsm98NtMay-25-06 04:10 PM
Member since Apr 19th 2006
188 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12256, "Gauges"

Just wondering how is a good way of installing gauges.. is there any where in the firewall that i could lead the wires through or do i need to drill my own holes??

Turbo Project In Process:
Up and Running Turbo By Aug 06'

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Gauges, joeck76, May-25-06 05:23 PM, #1
RE: Gauges, Dsm98Nt, May-26-06 06:48 AM, #2
      RE: Gauges, joeck76, May-26-06 07:26 AM, #3
           RE: Gauges, boosted60trimrst, May-26-06 07:45 AM, #4
                RE: Gauges, Dsm98Nt, May-26-06 07:54 AM, #5
                RE: Gauges, Dsm98Nt, May-26-06 10:53 AM, #6
                     RE: Gauges, djtrickee, May-26-06 11:37 AM, #7
                          RE: Gauges, chronicshit, May-26-06 01:30 PM, #8
                               RE: Gauges, joeck76, May-26-06 01:55 PM, #9
                RE: Gauges, Wolfs 2g, May-30-06 03:51 PM, #10

joeck76May-25-06 05:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
880 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12257, "RE: Gauges"
In response to Reply # 0

theres a huge hole on the passanger side, just pull the carpet back and you cant miss it. this is where i ran all my wires through.

98 RS: Mods: Custom Stage 2 Turbo kit , 55mm throttle body, gutted cat, evo cat back exhaust, p/p intake manifold,p/p Head, af-x underdrive pulley, B&M short throw shifter,Built bottom end Je pistons eagle rods 8.8:1 compression.

Custom stage 2 hahn turbo kit
Hahn Super 16g turbo (ceramic coated)
Hahn manifold (ceramic coated)
Hahn Downpipe assembly
Hahn intercooler piping smic
Hahn oil line kit
Type s bov
2G Gsx smic
walbro 255 fuel pump
Synapse missing link
Vortech s-fmu
NGK Bkr7e11 Plugs
A-pillar w/boost, a/f, oil pressure gauges

New Addition: 2007 Eclipse GT 6 speed

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Dsm98NtMay-26-06 06:48 AM
188 posts,
#12259, "RE: Gauges"
In response to Reply # 1

how did you run the wires from the pillar all the way over there?? do you have to pull the whole front instrument panel off? or do you just shove them behind the panel and use something to grab them? sorry i just never wired gauges before.

joeck76May-26-06 07:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
880 posts,
#12260, "RE: Gauges"
In response to Reply # 2

got a piece of stiff wire like coat hanger and fished a positive, negative, and switchable 12v source, vac tube, and a spare wire to the a-pillar. Than ran those wires up and around the back of the center section like behind the radio making sure to zip tie the wires up good so they arent seen or dont fall. than i just shot them right out the whole and into the engine compartment and ran them to where they needed to go. (note: only 12v + and extra wire and vac line actually needs to leave the cab. the 12v switched source and ground can be tapped behind the radio or down where factory amp wiring goes. the extra wire will goto the oil pressure sending unit, it will be your signal wire. the vac tube goes to your intake manifold and its for the boost gauge, and the 12v + if i gotta tell you where that goes you shouldnt be hooking up gauges. once this is done you can than go inside the car and youll have the 4 wires and vac line up by the a pilliar, you than hook up all nessessary lines and tity up wires and attach your gauge pod. ) make sure if you use the same color wiring you label your wires so you know whats what but i reccomend using 4 different colors it just makes it alot easier.
need anything else feel free to pm me
joe

98 RS: Mods: Custom Stage 2 Turbo kit , 55mm throttle body, gutted cat, evo cat back exhaust, p/p intake manifold,p/p Head, af-x underdrive pulley, B&M short throw shifter,Built bottom end Je pistons eagle rods 8.8:1 compression.

Hahn Downpipe assembly
Hahn oil line kit
Type s bov
2G Gsx smic
walbro 255 fuel pump
Synapse missing link
Vortech s-fmu
NGK Bkr7e11 Plugs

boosted60trimrstMay-26-06 07:45 AM
Member since Sep 10th 2005
1183 posts,
#12261, "RE: Gauges"
In response to Reply # 3

the best thing to run switched power off of is the cigarette lightrer

LED tails : Done for now!
99 eclipse rst
cobalt blue met. paint,star stage 2 upgraded t3/t460trim turbo ceramic coated , polished compressor housing, ,optima yellow top, chrome i/c piping ,front mount ntercooler ,apexi turbo timer . zeitronix wb02 ,faze oil ,boost gauge,egt ,bosch 4x plugs,kyb agx struts, pro kit springs.17''adr venomous rims,Falken azenis ,brembo dilled/slotted rotors ,turbo xs bov ,oil catch can,manual shiftknob,autometer pyrometer egt , vortech sfmu,b&m fuel pressure gauge ,accel 310cc injectors ,gasketmatched and polished intake manifold ,58mm throttle body ,no egr,polished turbonetics wastegate,fuel pump rewire,homade fcd and a lot more .LED reverse lights ,sidemarkers and tails .atx to mtx swap . South bend tz clutch . Tons more
http://imageshack.us>

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=boosted60trimrst
My contribution to the wiki
http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=crank%20arm%20spindle%20mod%20to%20fit%20power%20panels

Dsm98NtMay-26-06 07:54 AM
188 posts,
#12262, "RE: Gauges"
In response to Reply # 4

cool thanks alot for the help i just need to go out and buy some more wire because they didnt give me that long of wire.. maybe about a foot of wire lol.. well thanks again

Dsm98NtMay-26-06 10:53 AM
188 posts,
#12263, "RE: Gauges"
In response to Reply # 5

one more question.. when wiring the air/fuel ratio do you just strip the wires to the o2 sensor and take the wires from the gauge and connect them?? or is there an easier way?

djtrickeeMay-26-06 11:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#12264, "RE: Gauges"
In response to Reply # 6
May-26-06 11:40 AM by djtrickee

Originally posted by Dsm98Nt
one more question.. when wiring the air/fuel ratio do you just strip the wires to the o2 sensor and take the wires from the gauge and connect them?? or is there an easier way? Turbo Project In Process: Up and Running Turbo By Aug 06' http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/2325000-2325999/2325122_15_full.jp g

Such an amazing thing this...

and make your sig not editable... it keeps people from quoting your sig and picture... so annoying.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

chronicshitMay-26-06 01:30 PM
Member since Feb 18th 2006
254 posts,
#12265, "RE: Gauges"
In response to Reply # 7
May-26-06 01:30 PM by chronicshit

o2 wire = white with black stripe on ecu.
strip some of the wire and solder the purple a/f gauge wire to that. if you don't have a solder gun, get one from homedepot etc..
next time use the search button like djtrickee said and if u dont find exact topics change the "search which field" to subject only.
that should help..

joeck76May-26-06 01:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
880 posts,
#12266, "RE: Gauges"
In response to Reply # 8

Also might i add that you will quickly learn to hate that a/f gauge, all it does is blink back and forth kinda a waste of money if you ask me id invest in an egt gauge and later plan on using a wideband other than that i really think after using an a/f gauge for almost a year it really serves no purpose plus believe me you wanna tap that egt hole before you install your manifold, its a pita to do it later when your being for warned. just my .02
joe

Hahn Downpipe assembly
Hahn oil line kit
Type s bov
2G Gsx smic
walbro 255 fuel pump
Synapse missing link
Vortech s-fmu
NGK Bkr7e11 Plugs

Wolfs 2gMay-30-06 03:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
44 posts,
#12276, "RE: Gauges"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by boosted60trimrst
the best thing to run switched power off of is the cigarette lightrer

PLEASE make sure to check your cig plug to see if the POWER is actually swiched. I say this be cause my cig power is CONSTANT and the ground is switched so always double check yourself.

.......but I can dream!!!!!!

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12256 Previous topic | Next topic