Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12159
View in linear mode

Subject: "Audio Install question" Previous topic | Next topic
hookduphatchApr-18-06 11:39 PM
Member since Jul 10th 2004
552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12159, "Audio Install question"

Okay. I have the means to install my system in pretty much anyway possible. But... I've run into a small snag. I have a kenwood 7 inch TFT LCD screen. I wanted to install it in the double din opening where the head unit would normally sit. Hence my dilemma. I can't figure out where to mount the headunit. The DVD player will be going in the glove box. I want the head unit to be readily accessible. Any Ideas?

Help is greatly appreciated.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

LeakyMitsuApr-23-06 06:20 PM
Member since Nov 15th 2002
311 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12163, "RE: Audio Install question"
In response to Reply # 0

mount the dvd player under the seat and headunit in the glovebox...thats the only thing i can think of. or i guess you could try to fab something so you could put it in the space like where the cig lighter is. I can sell you an extra center console in case you F yours up

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

hookduphatchApr-23-06 08:55 PM
Member since Jul 10th 2004
552 posts,
#12164, "RE: Audio Install question"
In response to Reply # 1

i think i came up with a good plan this weekend. one of my buddies work in the metals shop here on base. so we've concocted a piece that i'm going to design and he's going to machine. it's going to locate the screen in the top of the dash. i'll make a trim ring for it, and it'll be spring loaded and riding on tracks. so basically, i flick a little lever, and the screen pops up out of the dash. i push it down, the level pops back in, and it stays.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12159 Previous topic | Next topic