Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12139
View in linear mode

Subject: "Short?" Previous topic | Next topic
Madoc05Apr-07-06 12:43 PM
Member since Sep 11th 2005
89 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12139, "Short?"

About a week ago i hit a bump and everything turned off, radio, dingers, radar detector, everything. Now I have no power going into the radio after the fuses have been replaced? What could be happening please help.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Short?, joeck76, Apr-07-06 02:40 PM, #1
RE: Short?, Madoc05, Apr-10-06 02:30 AM, #2
      RE: Short?, Sorry_i_Win, Apr-10-06 04:15 AM, #3
           RE: Short?, Murfsmaster, Apr-11-06 10:53 AM, #4
                RE: Short?, Madoc05, Apr-11-06 02:46 PM, #5
                     RE: Short?, Madoc05, Apr-14-06 02:12 AM, #6
                          RE: Short?, Murfsmaster, Apr-14-06 04:58 AM, #7
                               RE: Short?, herorevolution, May-06-06 04:19 PM, #8

joeck76Apr-07-06 02:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
880 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12140, "RE: Short?"
In response to Reply # 0

You replaced the fuse in the engine bay right? top part with the yellow thing on it??

98 RS: Mods: Custom Stage 2 Turbo kit , 55mm throttle body, gutted cat, evo cat back exhaust, p/p intake manifold,p/p Head, af-x underdrive pulley, B&M short throw shifter,Built bottom end Je pistons eagle rods 8.8:1 compression.

Custom stage 2 hahn turbo kit
Hahn Super 16g turbo (ceramic coated)
Hahn manifold (ceramic coated)
Hahn Downpipe assembly
Hahn intercooler piping smic
Hahn oil line kit
Type s bov
2G Gsx smic
walbro 255 fuel pump
Synapse missing link
Vortech s-fmu
NGK Bkr7e11 Plugs
A-pillar w/boost, a/f, oil pressure gauges

New Addition: 2007 Eclipse GT 6 speed

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Madoc05Apr-10-06 02:30 AM
89 posts,
#12141, "RE: Short?"
In response to Reply # 1

yes replaced both of them and they both blew again. Has anybody had a problem like this before, I searched and couldn't find anything.

Sorry_i_WinApr-10-06 04:15 AM
Member since Jul 10th 2002
1910 posts,
#12142, "RE: Short?"
In response to Reply # 2

If they blew right away, you definitely have a short circuit somewhere. Are all the items that died on the same circuit (ie. accessory/cigarette lighter cirtuit)? If so, start disconnecting items on that circuit until you can narrow down the culprit.

Anyone know anyone who can help me tune this in the Pittsburgh area (Greensburg)?

MurfsmasterApr-11-06 10:53 AM
Member since Mar 22nd 2005
175 posts,
#12144, "RE: Short?"
In response to Reply # 3

man, i had the same thing happen to me like 2 years ago. I have still yet to find the problem and have the stereo hooked up through a different power wire and still have no dome lights. I can't find my short to save my life. Its going to suck tracing those wires, just to let you know. Hope you can find your problem...

Madoc05Apr-11-06 02:46 PM
89 posts,
#12145, "RE: Short?"
In response to Reply # 4

Yeah well now I have no lights on the dash except for my three gauges on the a pillar everything is craping out.

Madoc05Apr-14-06 02:12 AM
89 posts,
#12150, "RE: Short?"
In response to Reply # 5

Well I found it, right after My rear tail lights went out I started searching. Right under the antenna there was about a 3 foot section of melted wires.

MurfsmasterApr-14-06 04:58 AM
Member since Mar 22nd 2005
175 posts,
#12151, "RE: Short?"
In response to Reply # 6

at least you found the problem. Congrats

herorevolutionMay-06-06 04:19 PM
Member since Apr 24th 2006
6 posts,
#12183, "RE: Short?"
In response to Reply # 7

I just went through the same thing. The wires that connect to the CD changer were cut and touching causing a spark to ignite while I was driving. The heat melted the wiring from the trunk all the way to the driver's side interior quarter panel. Took me from 10 am to 6pm to replace all the burnt wires and put everything back together. Still not sure if its gonna work. It was probably your trunk light, or your power antenna that caused it (or the changer harness like mine). If it was a blue, wire then it was the "switchable" power wire that's connected to our stereo wiring and powers the antenna and or CD changer. If it was a red wire with either a black or green stripe through it, then it was your trunk light, or the constant power to the CD changer.Did you smell smoke, or burning plastic while driving?

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12139 Previous topic | Next topic