Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12082
View in linear mode

Subject: "What alarm should I get?" Previous topic | Next topic
CopperEclipse96Mar-23-06 04:58 PM
Member since Jan 14th 2003
2532 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12082, "What alarm should I get?"

First off, are there any alarms that I could plug my computer into and change settings myself? That would be sweet.

But anyways, I have a viper system now, but I'm thinking about what I want to get for my next car. I get sick of the viper because I hear the same alarm and beep in every parking lot I'm in. I want something that sounds different, like an OEM alarm on an expensive car, type sound. The viper system just seems too cheap... crummy remote, shit like that. What would you guys reccommend?

---------------------------------------

-Ian
-1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS (SOLD!)
-2006 Nissan Frontier NISMO
-2003 CBR600RR

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: What alarm should I get?, J, Mar-23-06 06:29 PM, #1
RE: What alarm should I get?, 96rs-t, Mar-23-06 08:38 PM, #2
      RE: What alarm should I get?, CopperEclipse96, Mar-24-06 10:12 AM, #3
           RE: What alarm should I get?, EclipseTenzoR, Mar-24-06 10:42 AM, #4
                RE: What alarm should I get?, CopperEclipse96, Mar-25-06 05:23 AM, #5
                     RE: What alarm should I get?, EclipseTenzoR, Mar-25-06 01:59 PM, #6
                          RE: What alarm should I get?, J, Mar-27-06 06:19 PM, #7
                               RE: What alarm should I get?, sgraef4587, Apr-02-06 07:11 PM, #8

JMar-23-06 06:29 PM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12083, "RE: What alarm should I get?"
In response to Reply # 0

Yeah, same 'ol chirp sounds, but I really like the Viper on my '97. Love the Remote Start, not quite sure what U don't like about your remote... very happy w/ mine. Then again I've got the nicer 790VX (if I remember right) as opposed 2 the dinky plastic ones.

Have an AutoLoc on my '99 Eclipse... would tell you definately to NOT get that (sounds different tho) :|

- J

- J

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

96rs-tMar-23-06 08:38 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2203 posts,
#12084, "RE: What alarm should I get?"
In response to Reply # 1

just wire your alarm to your stock horn.

SoCal DSM
1996 RS-T: Under Construction
1999 GS AE: New daily driver
"USING NO WAY AS A WAY, HAVING NO LIMITATION AS A LIMITATION"--BRUCE LEE

CopperEclipse96Mar-24-06 10:12 AM
2532 posts,
#12086, "RE: What alarm should I get?"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by 96rs-t
just wire your alarm to your stock horn.

that sound's even worse. i like chirps, just not the viper one.

it would be sweet if there was an alarm that you could hook up to a laptop and completely customize.

-Ian
-2003 CBR600RR

EclipseTenzoRMar-24-06 10:42 AM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
#12087, "RE: What alarm should I get?"
In response to Reply # 3
Mar-24-06 10:46 AM by EclipseTenzoR

You can do that with the viper alarm. I have the program, I'll post back again when I have it on my site.

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

CopperEclipse96Mar-25-06 05:23 AM
2532 posts,
#12090, "RE: What alarm should I get?"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by EclipseTenzoR
You can do that with the viper alarm. I have the program, I'll post back again when I have it on my site.

No shit? That's sweet then, haha. Let me know when it's back up. Thanks!

-Ian
-2003 CBR600RR

EclipseTenzoRMar-25-06 01:59 PM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
#12091, "RE: What alarm should I get?"
In response to Reply # 5

Nevermind its only for Cliffords 5th gen alarm. Its hot as hell I'm browsing through the program you can make it talk, you can scan the alarms history, chirp different ways, monitor events, vent windows or roll up or down according to a variable. Choose whether you want alarm output to go through the horn or the siren. How long you want the alarm to go off. Auto lock by ignition turn on or at a certain rpm. The program has some amazing shit. Unfortunatley I do not have the g5 or the cable to program but I may actually look into it sometime down the road. Try talking to a local autoshop see if they know anything about it and if they sell it. I have never seen this alarm at best buy or circuit city.

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

JMar-27-06 06:19 PM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
#12101, "RE: What alarm should I get?"
In response to Reply # 6

Can you say... carputer? Like x10 for your car, lol.

- J

- J

sgraef4587Apr-02-06 07:11 PM
Member since Apr 01st 2006
6 posts,
#12121, "RE: What alarm should I get?"
In response to Reply # 7

If your looking for a different chirp, DEI makes a voice module. The module has an english and japanese setting. It says something like the alarm is arming or "this alarm has been deactived." In the japanese setting when the alarm physically goes off it sound like one of the taliban going on a war rampage. Its pretty crazy.

Any good shop should have a Bitriter for customizing the alarm features. The bitriter just gives you a bunch of readable options that make the alarm easier to program. If the guy at the shop is a good installer, he should know all the programming options by heart. This bitriter works with the full DEI line.(Hornet, Avital, Clifford, Viper....and so on.)

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12082 Previous topic | Next topic