Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12021
View in linear mode

Subject: "New setup (pics)" Previous topic | Next topic
MitsuEclipseGSFeb-23-06 10:59 AM
Member since Dec 30th 2003
375 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12021, "New setup (pics)"

This is my new setup:
2 polk audio db 10's
monster digi cap
800 watt kenwood amp (hidden)
all 4 gauge monster wire
-Todd

Star Stage II, Greddy Type S, ADFX 3" DP, blah blah blah

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: New setup (pics), clips3kid, Feb-23-06 11:29 AM, #1
RE: New setup (pics), 96rs-t, Feb-23-06 11:53 AM, #2
      RE: New setup (pics), EclipseTenzoR, Feb-23-06 04:30 PM, #3
           RE: New setup (pics), jeffery0266, Feb-23-06 05:19 PM, #4
                RE: New setup (pics), MitsuEclipseGS, Feb-24-06 03:53 AM, #5
                     RE: New setup (pics), RSClipse9d7, Feb-24-06 06:54 AM, #6
                          RE: New setup (pics), MitsuEclipseGS, Feb-24-06 07:05 AM, #7
                               RE: New setup (pics), 95_ESi_Person, Feb-26-06 08:48 PM, #8
                                    RE: New setup (pics), VOTBLINDUB, Mar-04-06 02:37 PM, #9
                                         RE: New setup (pics), ColtsNumba1Fan, Mar-08-06 09:40 AM, #10
                                              RE: New setup (pics), MitsuEclipseGS, Mar-10-06 03:32 AM, #11
                                                   RE: New setup (pics), chronicshit, May-14-06 02:45 PM, #12
                                                        RE: New setup (pics), Dsm98Nt, May-16-06 06:04 AM, #13
                                                             RE: New setup (pics), MitsuEclipseGS, May-27-06 09:21 AM, #14
                                                                  RE: New setup (pics), BDTalon, Jun-14-06 08:49 AM, #15
                                                                       RE: New setup (pics), PowerEclipses, Jun-17-06 04:46 PM, #16
                                                                            RE: New setup (pics), MitsuEclipseGS, Jun-22-06 03:14 AM, #17
RE: New setup (pics), dalesmitsu, Aug-05-06 03:52 PM, #18
RE: New setup (pics), MitsuEclipseGS, Sep-07-06 08:30 AM, #19
      RE: New setup (pics), skylinemyth, Sep-11-06 01:55 AM, #20
           RE: New setup (pics), MitsuEclipseGS, Sep-13-06 07:40 PM, #21
                RE: New setup (pics), scirio, Jan-04-07 11:02 AM, #22
RE: New setup (pics), korn89, Apr-17-07 04:35 PM, #23
RE: New setup (pics), baller36969, Jun-16-07 07:35 PM, #24

clips3kidFeb-23-06 11:29 AM
Member since Oct 09th 2005
178 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12022, "RE: New setup (pics)"
In response to Reply # 0

i like i like

Stuff: Xbox, 7inch tft screen, 2 12inch infinity 1242w's, poweracoustic amp,pioneer HU, Tokico HP struts/springs, buddy club p1 perforance II plus 17inch wheels

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

96rs-tFeb-23-06 11:53 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2203 posts,
#12023, "RE: New setup (pics)"
In response to Reply # 1

that's exactly how i want a setup, nice and simple. good stuff.

SoCal DSM
1996 RS-T: Under Construction
1999 GS AE: New daily driver
"USING NO WAY AS A WAY, HAVING NO LIMITATION AS A LIMITATION"--BRUCE LEE

EclipseTenzoRFeb-23-06 04:30 PM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
#12024, "RE: New setup (pics)"
In response to Reply # 2

Man, thats exactly how I wanted my setup, that looks insane. Kudos

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

jeffery0266Feb-23-06 05:19 PM
Member since Feb 08th 2006
3 posts,
#12025, "RE: New setup (pics)"
In response to Reply # 3

Excellent set-up there guy,I got two polk 12's in a big ass box,I need summin like you got.Would ya be able to give some dimentions for me?

MitsuEclipseGSFeb-24-06 03:53 AM
375 posts,
#12028, "RE: New setup (pics)"
In response to Reply # 4

What demensions do you need? My subs are 2 10's so the box demensions would be different if you have 2 12's.

Box demensions: 13h x 28l X 13w

Every thing was custom made to fit under the rear deck cover to be hidden when the hatch is closed.
-Todd

RSClipse9d7Feb-24-06 06:54 AM
Member since Dec 08th 2001
915 posts,
#12029, "RE: New setup (pics)"
In response to Reply # 5

Looks good. The only thing I would be worried about it the temp of the amp. Depending on where it is hidden the heat may not escape.

97 RS- Runs, but never driven
2000 Subaru Outback- Daily Driver

MitsuEclipseGSFeb-24-06 07:05 AM
375 posts,
#12030, "RE: New setup (pics)"
In response to Reply # 6

Not to worried about the amp. It has a built in fan on it, and I'm not constantly bumping the system, because I still like to hear the turbo spool. So I dont think it will really heat up that much.
-Todd

95_ESi_PersonFeb-26-06 08:48 PM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
#12037, "RE: New setup (pics)"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by MitsuEclipseGS
Not to worried about the amp. It has a built in fan on it... ...So I dont think it will really heat up that much. -Todd

Gotta love those Kenwood amps with the fan built in! I've got the 940watt one and forget about the fan, then when I pause and forget I'm on pause I hear it going, I freak myself out with it.

Kenwood amps: Low cost, HIGH output! I have yet to see mine get hot.

VOTBLINDUBMar-04-06 02:37 PM
Member since Dec 29th 2003
403 posts,
#12040, "RE: New setup (pics)"
In response to Reply # 8

i like the supra ass

I just wish my car was as fast as it was loud. people tell me i should use my sub to push it, it might go faster.

ColtsNumba1FanMar-08-06 09:40 AM
Member since Mar 27th 2005
399 posts,
#12043, "RE: New setup (pics)"
In response to Reply # 9

i love that setup, thinking about getting a enclosure similiar to that 1 .. did you build it yourself or buy it? im thinking of attempting to build 1 but it bet it's a pain

MitsuEclipseGSMar-10-06 03:32 AM
375 posts,
#12060, "RE: New setup (pics)"
In response to Reply # 10

I built every thing myself. It was not as hard as you would think. Just take your time.
-Todd

chronicshitMay-14-06 02:45 PM
Member since Feb 18th 2006
254 posts,
#12212, "RE: New setup (pics)"
In response to Reply # 11

or u could get one off this guy for pretty cheap.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Custom-Mitsubishi-Eclipse-Speaker-enclosure-New-95-05_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38646QQitemZ8058970710QQrdZ1
im getting one for myself this summer... can't find any of his auctions on ebay for some reason but his name and number are on the the above link which i had bookmarked a while back.

Dsm98NtMay-16-06 06:04 AM
Member since Apr 19th 2006
188 posts,
#12213, "RE: New setup (pics)"
In response to Reply # 12

How difficult was it to make the supra lights fit??

Turbo Project In Process:
Up and Running Turbo By Aug 06'

MitsuEclipseGSMay-27-06 09:21 AM
375 posts,
#12267, "RE: New setup (pics)"
In response to Reply # 13

Not difficult, just not fun.
-Todd

BDTalonJun-14-06 08:49 AM
Member since Jun 08th 2005
153 posts,
#12318, "RE: New setup (pics)"
In response to Reply # 14

Love the set up man. 1 Question you you painting the car man? I can't wait to see how it's going to look!

Originally posted by 420a-Tnthewerks
AAHHHHHH it's the Bomex table top and bench deluxe! Get the holy wrench we need to purify..

PowerEclipsesJun-17-06 04:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#12333, "RE: New setup (pics)"
In response to Reply # 15

i think it kind of looks like a face, but i like it

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

MitsuEclipseGSJun-22-06 03:14 AM
375 posts,
#12340, "RE: New setup (pics)"
In response to Reply # 16

eventually it will get painted, I hope.
-Todd

dalesmitsuAug-05-06 03:52 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#12436, "RE: New setup (pics)"
In response to Reply # 0

Cool.

3 questions.
1)Where did you buy that platform w/ your subs on it?

I'm doing mine similar but with 12 inch audiobahns.

2) Could you lift up on that and still use your trunk space.

3) Where did you get those Supra taillights they're sik.. cool idea

Where they hard to install them.

Details, details we like to know

MitsuEclipseGSSep-07-06 08:30 AM
375 posts,
#12487, "RE: New setup (pics)"
In response to Reply # 18
Sep-07-06 08:31 AM by MitsuEclipseGS

1)Where did you buy that platform w/ your subs on it?

It is a piece of 1/4 clear acrylic. I got it from where I work, but you can buy it at home depot i believe

2) Could you lift up on that and still use your trunk space.

I have about 3 cubic feet of room between the back seat and the box if I wanted to use it for something. Yours would be different though because you would be using bigger subs.

3) Where did you get those Supra taillights they're sik.. cool idea

The tail lights I got off ebay from some guy that was gonna put them into a yukon but didnt have the time.

Where they hard to install them.

Not really just time consumming

UPDATE: Car will be painted for sure this April

skylinemythSep-11-06 01:55 AM
Member since Jun 26th 2006
27 posts,
#12492, "RE: New setup (pics)"
In response to Reply # 19

That's an awsome setup..........but I want to do a setup where it's all flush hidden with the stock panels.........=.....a hell of a lot of work........lol

MitsuEclipseGSSep-13-06 07:40 PM
375 posts,
#12497, "RE: New setup (pics)"
In response to Reply # 20

Everything on mine is all hidden under the hatch cover... does that count?
-Todd

scirioJan-04-07 11:02 AM
Member since May 13th 2002
1637 posts,
#12642, "RE: New setup (pics)"
In response to Reply # 21

sexy setup, i dont usually like this type o stuff but yours is cool.

-WILL

AIM - scirio
Got Boost? ...No.

Originally posted by a drunk DSMRoadster
drink now and nafter goddanti! celebaeration birches!

korn89Apr-17-07 04:35 PM
Member since Jul 29th 2006
46 posts,
#12778, "RE: New setup (pics)"
In response to Reply # 0

looks good hows it sound?

baller36969Jun-16-07 07:35 PM
Member since Jul 30th 2006
25 posts,
#12829, "RE: New setup (pics)"
In response to Reply # 23

old thread but nice setup, I have 2 12" audiobahns in a huge box, with three amps bolted on top of the box.

Will work for parts...

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12021 Previous topic | Next topic