Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11962
View in linear mode

Subject: "Adding Factory Keyless Entry to 97 Eclipse GS" Previous topic | Next topic
mharrisonFeb-12-06 09:00 AM
Member since Feb 04th 2006
6 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11962, "Adding Factory Keyless Entry to 97 Eclipse GS"

I've got a 97 Eclipse GS. I've looked behind the 1/4 panel on the drivers side rear seat and there is no Receiver for factory keyless entry.

Can I buy a keyless entry receiver from a junkyard and add it to my car? Will the wiring be there, or do they not wire this on non-equipped cars?

I can't be the fist guy wanting to do this!

Thanks in advance.

-Matt

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Adding Factory Keyless Entry to 97 Eclipse GS, sheldon, Feb-12-06 09:18 AM, #1
RE: Adding Factory Keyless Entry to 97 Eclipse GS, mharrison, Feb-12-06 02:23 PM, #2
      RE: Adding Factory Keyless Entry to 97 Eclipse GS, EclipseTenzoR, Feb-12-06 03:03 PM, #3
           RE: Adding Factory Keyless Entry to 97 Eclipse GS, clips3kid, Feb-15-06 05:45 AM, #4
                RE: Adding Factory Keyless Entry to 97 Eclipse GS, EclipseTenzoR, Feb-15-06 11:22 AM, #5
                     RE: Adding Factory Keyless Entry to 97 Eclipse GS, clips3kid, Feb-15-06 03:46 PM, #6
                          RE: Adding Factory Keyless Entry to 97 Eclipse GS, Malenko, Feb-16-06 03:59 AM, #7
                          RE: Adding Factory Keyless Entry to 97 Eclipse GS, mharrison, Feb-17-06 04:32 PM, #8
                               RE: Adding Factory Keyless Entry to 97 Eclipse GS, clips3kid, Feb-18-06 03:04 AM, #9
                                    RE: Adding Factory Keyless Entry to 97 Eclipse GS, mharrison, Feb-18-06 04:40 PM, #10
                                         RE: Adding Factory Keyless Entry to 97 Eclipse GS, clips3kid, Feb-19-06 07:27 AM, #11
                                              RE: Adding Factory Keyless Entry to 97 Eclipse GS, mharrison, Feb-19-06 04:45 PM, #12
                                                   RE: Adding Factory Keyless Entry to 97 Eclipse GS, clips3kid, Feb-20-06 06:33 AM, #13

sheldonFeb-12-06 09:18 AM
Old School 2GNTer
128 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11963, "RE: Adding Factory Keyless Entry to 97 Eclipse GS"
In response to Reply # 0

It would probably be easier/cheaper to add an aftermarket keyless. They can be installed in an hour tops. The only thing it may not have is the panic feature.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

mharrisonFeb-12-06 02:23 PM
6 posts,
#11964, "RE: Adding Factory Keyless Entry to 97 Eclipse GS"
In response to Reply # 1
Feb-12-06 02:24 PM by mharrison

If the wiring is already in place for factory keyless how would a new aftermarket system be easier? If it's wired I'd just have to pull the interior trim, screw in the box, plug in the box, and program my remotes.

EclipseTenzoRFeb-12-06 03:03 PM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
#11965, "RE: Adding Factory Keyless Entry to 97 Eclipse GS"
In response to Reply # 2

Your car is already pre-wired and ready for it

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

clips3kidFeb-15-06 05:45 AM
Member since Oct 09th 2005
178 posts,
#11983, "RE: Adding Factory Keyless Entry to 97 Eclipse GS"
In response to Reply # 3

Ill might be able to practically give you my keyless entry, it just doesnt have remotes... and i dont know where its located to take it out. Where are u located and how do i take it out? i really want to get it out of my car. the cost part for you would be getting mitsubishi to add remotes/flash a new remote to it

Stuff: Xbox, 7inch tft screen, 2 12inch infinity 1242w's, poweracoustic amp,pioneer HU, Tokico HP struts/springs, buddy club p1 perforance II plus 17inch wheels

EclipseTenzoRFeb-15-06 11:22 AM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
#11984, "RE: Adding Factory Keyless Entry to 97 Eclipse GS"
In response to Reply # 4

Should be behind the back seat panel where the speaker is. Take that box out and that should be all he needs. And I think he can get remoted from ebay and program them himself.

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

clips3kidFeb-15-06 03:46 PM
178 posts,
#11987, "RE: Adding Factory Keyless Entry to 97 Eclipse GS"
In response to Reply # 5
Feb-15-06 03:51 PM by clips3kid

i have a 98, not a 97. i gave mitsubishi a call. They told me the remote keyless entry system was wired into everything, headlights and more. They want me to buy a new remote and have it reprogrammed for $40 (not including remote) the remote was $90, and remember i already have an aftermarket remote keyless entry installed and remotes gop for $15 new on ebay.

What do i remove?

there is a clippy thingy (real descriptive) that u can see on top that looks almost like a wiring harness for a stero on a car.

There are also 2 black boxes at the bottom. Can i just remove the clippy thing? or do i need to remove the black boxes as well? Also remember this is a 1998. Thanks in advance.

Stuff: Xbox, 7inch tft screen, 2 12inch infinity 1242w's, poweracoustic amp,pioneer HU, Tokico HP struts/springs, buddy club p1 perforance II plus 17inch wheels

MalenkoFeb-16-06 03:59 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
#11991, "RE: Adding Factory Keyless Entry to 97 Eclipse GS"
In response to Reply # 6

looks to me like the clip supplies the power to the relay and control box.

box 1 is a relay
box 2 must be the control

unplugging the clip should unpower both. I have aftermarket so this reply is theoretical

mharrisonFeb-17-06 04:32 PM
6 posts,
#11997, "RE: Adding Factory Keyless Entry to 97 Eclipse GS"
In response to Reply # 6
Feb-17-06 04:37 PM by mharrison

You can just undo the silver plate that the two black boxes are mounted on and unhook the connectors at the black boxes. The "clippy thing" in your picture is connected to something else although I don't recall what....

I'm in Mississippi. I'd be happy to send you a paypal or m.o. for the shipping if you were willing to send me the silver plate with both keyless modules on it.

Just be sure everything still works OK before you send it !!!

clips3kidFeb-18-06 03:04 AM
178 posts,
#12000, "RE: Adding Factory Keyless Entry to 97 Eclipse GS"
In response to Reply # 8

there is no way for me to check if it works good, unfortunately i have lost the remote i was given w/ the car.

pm sent.

mharrisonFeb-18-06 04:40 PM
6 posts,
#12002, "RE: Adding Factory Keyless Entry to 97 Eclipse GS"
In response to Reply # 9

No, I meant be sure that everything in your car still works ok with the keyless receiver gone. It would suck to remove it and ship it only to find out that the brake lights don't work anymore or some other bizarre side effect!

clips3kidFeb-19-06 07:27 AM
178 posts,
#12004, "RE: Adding Factory Keyless Entry to 97 Eclipse GS"
In response to Reply # 10

thats what my dad said, and last night i found out that my rear defroster and windshield wiper no longer work... im trying to find my options lol hopefully all my lights still work havent checked

mharrisonFeb-19-06 04:45 PM
6 posts,
#12006, "RE: Adding Factory Keyless Entry to 97 Eclipse GS"
In response to Reply # 11

I'm not sure that that big plug goes to the Keyless Entry Modules. I would hook the big plug back up and remove the silver plate (so you can get to the bottom of the keyless entry modules) then pull the plug from the bottom of the two black Keyless Modules and screw the silver plate back in. I think you'll find that this won't effect anything else!

-Matt

clips3kidFeb-20-06 06:33 AM
178 posts,
#12010, "RE: Adding Factory Keyless Entry to 97 Eclipse GS"
In response to Reply # 12

Thats what im going to do soon, i just havent had the time recently... i know it only takes a few minutes, but im really tight on time, i guess i could be doing it right now but, i was on here checking some stuff out

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11962 Previous topic | Next topic