Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11953
View in linear mode

Subject: "out comes the 7" TS LCD & Carputer....." Previous topic | Next topic
MalenkoFeb-10-06 09:04 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11953, "out comes the 7" TS LCD & Carputer....."

....and in goes the modded XBOX. Never got GPS and realized Id never use it anyway. I never really used the carputer that much, by the time it booted and everything I was already almost there :p

I bought a cheesy composite indash non motorized LCD to use with a modded XBOX. I'll just fill it up with movies and MP3s and toss it in the car tomorrow, the beauty of absolutely no boot up time :p

I saw that TimRS, Pitch Black , and a couple other 2GNTers were selling their carputers... I think Im next. I just rigged up the indash monitor in my room, the actual in car install is tomorrow

This is what the old set up looked like, where the screen is and everything, but instead of being an in car DVD player it was a carputer under the driver's seat. I need to get my old computer out of the closet and put the pix up online.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: out comes the 7" TS LCD & Carputer....., J, Feb-11-06 04:43 AM, #1
RE: out comes the 7" TS LCD & Carputer....., Malenko, Feb-11-06 04:54 AM, #2
      RE: out comes the 7" TS LCD & Carputer....., BlackMagic, Feb-11-06 04:59 AM, #3
           RE: out comes the 7" TS LCD & Carputer....., EclipseTenzoR, Feb-11-06 10:10 PM, #4
                RE: out comes the 7" TS LCD & Carputer....., MitsuEclipseGS, Feb-14-06 04:22 AM, #5
                     RE: out comes the 7" TS LCD & Carputer....., clips3kid, Feb-15-06 04:33 PM, #6
                          RE: out comes the 7" TS LCD & Carputer....., Malenko, Feb-16-06 04:14 AM, #7
                               RE: out comes the 7" TS LCD & Carputer....., clips3kid, Feb-16-06 05:01 AM, #8
                                    RE: out comes the 7" TS LCD & Carputer....., Malenko, Feb-16-06 08:07 AM, #9
                                         RE: out comes the 7" TS LCD & Carputer....., clips3kid, Feb-16-06 04:58 PM, #10
                                              RE: out comes the 7" TS LCD & Carputer....., djtrickee, Feb-16-06 05:26 PM, #11
                                                   RE: out comes the 7" TS LCD & Carputer....., clips3kid, Feb-19-06 07:31 AM, #12
RE: out comes the 7" TS LCD & Carputer....., djtrickee, Feb-19-06 06:26 PM, #13
RE: out comes the 7" TS LCD & Carputer....., Malenko, Feb-20-06 12:54 AM, #14
      RE: out comes the 7" TS LCD & Carputer....., djtrickee, Feb-20-06 05:32 AM, #15
           RE: out comes the 7" TS LCD & Carputer....., Pitchblack98, Feb-20-06 12:34 PM, #16
                RE: out comes the 7" TS LCD & Carputer....., djtrickee, Feb-20-06 02:39 PM, #17
                     RE: out comes the 7" TS LCD & Carputer....., navyguns, May-17-08 01:26 AM, #18
                          RE: out comes the 7" TS LCD & Carputer....., Malenko, Jan-10-09 09:56 PM, #19
                               RE: out comes the 7/, J, Jun-06-09 08:16 PM, #20
                                    RE: out comes the 7/, J, Jun-07-09 08:10 PM, #21

JFeb-11-06 04:43 AM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11955, "RE: out comes the 7" TS LCD & Carputer....."
In response to Reply # 0

HMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, to each their own... you ever get those tail black-out covers? I was wondering how they looked.

- J

- J

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

MalenkoFeb-11-06 04:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
#11956, "RE: out comes the 7" TS LCD & Carputer....."
In response to Reply # 1

nope, solargurl says she shipped but I never recieved. Ive bought a couple other things from other since she said she shipped them an dI got the other items already, so I dunno whats going on with it all.

Look in the classifieds soon, carputer might be up for sale.

back to the XBOX in car:

no, these are not my hands, they are my girl's hands:

BlackMagicFeb-11-06 04:59 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#11958, "RE: out comes the 7" TS LCD & Carputer....."
In response to Reply # 2

looks pretty cool!

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1133
*form follows function*

EclipseTenzoRFeb-11-06 10:10 PM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
#11961, "RE: out comes the 7" TS LCD & Carputer....."
In response to Reply # 3

Need For Speed Most Wanted.. Fucking A!.. I'm rocking the Lambo

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

MitsuEclipseGSFeb-14-06 04:22 AM
Member since Dec 30th 2003
375 posts,
#11971, "RE: out comes the 7" TS LCD & Carputer....."
In response to Reply # 4

Where did you get the LCD screen? How much was it? Looks good.
-Todd

Star Stage II, Greddy Type S, ADFX 3" DP, blah blah blah

clips3kidFeb-15-06 04:33 PM
Member since Oct 09th 2005
178 posts,
#11990, "RE: out comes the 7" TS LCD & Carputer....."
In response to Reply # 5

$149... i forget the website uhm

mp3playerstore.com

I hear they have really bad service... but i got mine just fine. and so did my friend. Mines the $179 w/ the headphone jack and such, but the $149 works just fine. Mine's NOT motorized. For under $200 though, why would u care if u have to pull it out by hand?

Stuff: Xbox, 7inch tft screen, 2 12inch infinity 1242w's, poweracoustic amp,pioneer HU, Tokico HP struts/springs, buddy club p1 perforance II plus 17inch wheels

MalenkoFeb-16-06 04:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
#11992, "RE: out comes the 7" TS LCD & Carputer....."
In response to Reply # 6

actually I got mine "used" from MP3Car.com (UKChris) and it wasnt used at all still had the plastic covers on it and the wire toppers.

I got it for $160 shipped, but included a 512MB USBThumbDrive and a 20GB laptop HD :p

The screen I have has no sound input at all (as far as I can tell) just has a composite input (and what looks like a composite output as well).

I dont mind hittin the button to pop the screen out, ironically enough there isnt enough clearance when in park for the screen to come out anyway; which makes manual the best option (for me).

the screen looks surprisingly good for its low cost. Im not sure how long I'll be keeping it, for fear of tickets and what not (even though Im 100% sure I wont be playing XBOX while driving)

clips3kidFeb-16-06 05:01 AM
178 posts,
#11993, "RE: out comes the 7" TS LCD & Carputer....."
In response to Reply # 7

yeah, mines going to be my music storage as well, oddly enough my screen is EXTREMELY similar and i have the same head unit as u

Stuff: Xbox, 7inch tft screen, 2 12inch infinity 1242w's, poweracoustic amp,pioneer HU, Tokico HP struts/springs, buddy club p1 perforance II plus 17inch wheels

MalenkoFeb-16-06 08:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
#11994, "RE: out comes the 7" TS LCD & Carputer....."
In response to Reply # 8

modded XBOX + 180GB HD = alot of games, music and movies not to mention the XBOX is a DVD player as well.

cant believe no one commented on my custom dash skin with the mitsu logo and the 2gnt URL

clips3kidFeb-16-06 04:58 PM
178 posts,
#11995, "RE: out comes the 7" TS LCD & Carputer....."
In response to Reply # 9

mines 160 gig but hasnt been tsop'd yet so it only recognizes like 137 of it, too lazy to do the tsop, and ur skins nice, just i like mine better, ill put pics up when i put it back in, i took it out for the winter, figured the cold and the hard drive werent a good combo, but then again electric pc components run good at cold temps so who knows...

djtrickeeFeb-16-06 05:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#11996, "RE: out comes the 7" TS LCD & Carputer....."
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by clips3kid
Rabble robble.....

huh>

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

clips3kidFeb-19-06 07:31 AM
178 posts,
#12005, "RE: out comes the 7" TS LCD & Carputer....."
In response to Reply # 11

mines 160 gig but hasnt been tsop'd yet so it only recognizes like 137 of it, too lazy to do the tsop, and ur skins nice, just i like mine better, ill put pics up when i put it back in, i took it out for the winter, figured the cold and the hard drive werent a good combo, but then again electric pc components run good at cold temps so who knows...

what i meant was that his has a 180 gigabyte hard drive, mine has a 160

the bios on the xbox only allows for a maximum of 137 gigabytes, the only way to get around this is to add a mod-chip, or tsop flash the bios. This means removing the old bios and putting the bios of a mod chip inside of the bios.

I put it back in btw, ill have to take pictures of what mine looks like.

djtrickeeFeb-19-06 06:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#12007, "RE: out comes the 7" TS LCD & Carputer....."
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by Malenko
....and in goes the modded XBOX. Never got GPS and realized Id never use it anyway. I never really used the carputer that much, by the time it booted and everything I was already almost there :p I bought a cheesy composite indash non motorized LCD to use with a modded XBOX. I'll just fill it up with movies and MP3s and toss it in the car tomorrow, the beauty of absolutely no boot up time :p I saw that TimRS, Pitch Black , and a couple other 2GNTers were selling their carputers... I think Im next. I just rigged up the indash monitor in my room, the actual in car install is tomorrow http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/1072/1742/13885.jp g http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/1072/1742/13886.jp g This is what the old set up looked like, where the screen is and everything, but instead of being an in car DVD player it was a carputer under the driver's seat. I need to get my old computer out of the closet and put the pix up online. http://www.dsmtuners.com/gallery/files/2/7/8/3/2783chromebezel.jp g

Yawn... snore... another one bites the "Can't hack it" post...

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com

MalenkoFeb-20-06 12:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
#12008, "RE: out comes the 7" TS LCD & Carputer....."
In response to Reply # 13

Originally posted by djtrickee
Yawn... snore... another one bites the "Can't hack it" post...

Cant hack it? more like never use it, lol
it may or may not go back in, all depends on if I'll actually come up for a use for it. I mean , yeah if I get a megasquirt or even an OBDII plug then Id have more reason to have the carputer in there, but if all Im going to do is play MP3s and Movies a modded XBOX is good enough... for now.

djtrickeeFeb-20-06 05:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#12009, "RE: out comes the 7" TS LCD & Carputer....."
In response to Reply # 14

Originally posted by Malenko
Originally posted by djtrickee Yawn... snore... another one bites the "Can't hack it" post...
Cant hack it? more like never use it, lol it may or may not go back in, all depends on if I'll actually come up for a use for it. I mean , yeah if I get a megasquirt or even an OBDII plug then Id have more reason to have the carputer in there, but if all Im going to do is play MP3s and Movies a modded XBOX is good enough... for now.

I was hoping pitchblack would respond before you. Since he "couldn't hack it" and sold his carputer setup. heeh.

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com

Pitchblack98Feb-20-06 12:34 PM
Member since Jan 11th 2003
1691 posts,
#12014, "RE: out comes the 7" TS LCD & Carputer....."
In response to Reply # 15

I came to the same conclusion... My alpine headunit plays MP3s/WMAs. who the hell wants to sit in their car and watch a 3 hour long movie (besides djtrickee since he has no woman... lol) and I have no need for OBD2 software since my car is bone stock and will never be modded again. Why else would I need one?

The upside is now Im using the money to put bamboo floors in my house and pay Djtrickee the last $40 I owe him. lol as soon as my paypal account is unlocked from a jackass complaint I got on it.

djtrickeeFeb-20-06 02:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#12015, "RE: out comes the 7" TS LCD & Carputer....."
In response to Reply # 16

$68...

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com

navygunsMay-17-08 01:26 AM
Member since May 13th 2008
43 posts,
#12963, "RE: out comes the 7" TS LCD & Carputer....."
In response to Reply # 17
May-17-08 01:28 AM by navyguns

EDIT: had no idea this was a year old, sorry guys.

You selling the carputer?

I am going to do a carpc in my eclipse (i got rid of this accord for my 98 eclipse, in the process of a turbo install at the moment)

7inch widescreen touchscreen, and gps is sooo nice for someone who gets lost alot

heres a picture of my set up in the honda. no offense at all implied to you, but any retard can bolt up a damn monitor to thier dash, that looks like hell. if your going to install a monitor, either spend the money on an indash one, or spend the time fiberglassing it.

mine didnt quite get the finish i wanted, but i think i can do better on the eclipse. i was even considering installing the monitor into the steering wheel inplace of the air bag, or over head in place of the rear view, that one would take some interesting custom programming though.

peace.

belay that, looks like you cant upload to this forum, if anyone cares i can send a pic of the carpc install. pm me.

MalenkoJan-10-09 09:56 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
#13002, "RE: out comes the 7" TS LCD & Carputer....."
In response to Reply # 18

Originally posted by navyguns
no offense at all implied to you, but any retard can bolt up a damn monitor to thier dash, that looks like hell. if your going to install a monitor, either spend the money on an indash one, or spend the time fiberglassing it.

Preface: I know this post is like 8 months old.

no offense at all implied to you, but any retard can own a honda. I got that screen because it suited my needs at the time. An indash motorized screen at that rime (feb 06) was pricey. That monitor was in dash but manual so I dont get your point. I didnt/dont want to fiberglass anything so what I had was perfect, at the time.blow.

JJun-06-09 08:16 PM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
#13027, "RE: out comes the 7/"
In response to Reply # 19
Jun-06-09 08:18 PM by J

Well, since we're reviving old threads... I'm gonna snap a pic of my car for you tomorrow (when the sun comes back up ); recently bought me some tails and I'm really loving them (even though you're a traitor to purple people eaters ), see what you think.

- J

JJun-07-09 08:10 PM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
#13028, "RE: out comes the 7/"
In response to Reply # 20

Thought you might appreciate (or not) these...

Also, I *really* like Orlando DSM's logo... but I don't live in Orlando, so I've since scraped the Orlando portion and thought others might like it as well

Anyways, enjoy!
- J

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11953 Previous topic | Next topic