Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11940
View in linear mode

Subject: "think I got a smok'n deal." Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratormicyekFeb-09-06 06:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11940, "think I got a smok'n deal."

Quite possibly the coolest mod I'll do to my car besides the 2.4L:

I won it in an ebay auction for 400 bucks. Brand fricken new. Now all I'll need is is a screen and I'll be good to go.

here's some specs:

Black car PC Travia c134a case,
1000 mhz processor,
512 RAM,
DVD/CDRW,
Windows XP Pro installed, all drivers etc.
The unit also has the intelligent switching car pc power supply.
Also included is the Ione RF keyboard mouse combo.

getty up

-kent-

'98 Talon...gone, but not forgotten

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: think I got a smok'n deal., J, Feb-10-06 02:54 AM, #1
RE: think I got a smok'n deal., Moderatormicyek, Feb-10-06 12:26 PM, #2
      RE: think I got a smok'n deal., J, Feb-10-06 04:05 PM, #3
           RE: think I got a smok'n deal., djtrickee, Feb-10-06 04:52 PM, #4
                RE: think I got a smok'n deal., J, Feb-10-06 05:47 PM, #5
                     RE: think I got a smok'n deal., djtrickee, Feb-10-06 06:24 PM, #6
                          RE: think I got a smok'n deal., J, Feb-10-06 07:30 PM, #7
                               RE: think I got a smok'n deal., Moderatormicyek, Feb-11-06 03:24 AM, #8
                                    RE: think I got a smok'n deal., J, Feb-11-06 04:58 AM, #9
                                         RE: think I got a smok'n deal., Moderatormicyek, Feb-12-06 04:21 PM, #10
                                              RE: think I got a smok'n deal., djtrickee, Feb-12-06 04:23 PM, #11
                                                   RE: think I got a smok'n deal., Moderatormicyek, Feb-12-06 04:40 PM, #12

JFeb-10-06 02:54 AM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11941, "RE: think I got a smok'n deal."
In response to Reply # 0

Yep... that's a good deal, usually go for double that.

Some useful linx for you:
http://www.mp3car.com
http://www.mediaengine.org
http://www.mediaengine.org/index.php?skins&view=48
http://www.xenarc.com/product/700ts.html
http://www.mp3car.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=35&products_id=79

I'd personally like to have the above Xenarc Touch Screen ... but I'd definately get a touch screen no matter what tho.

- J

- J

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratormicyekFeb-10-06 12:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
#11943, "RE: think I got a smok'n deal."
In response to Reply # 1

ha...I posting from it right now! But not from my car. I rigged up a a home PSU. This thing is so cool.

getty up

-kent-

JFeb-10-06 04:05 PM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
#11945, "RE: think I got a smok'n deal."
In response to Reply # 2

If I were U (still working on car, no carputer yet although given a TON of though - I'm a PC guy) I'd definately get a USB wireless network adapter. In fact, given all the crap U can put on those, U better get a USB hub. This way, U can actually transfer stuff (songs/etc) from your place to your car in the driveway. Also, if there's any WiFi hotspots in the area, U can check your email & such quick & easy.

I'm envious, enjoy!
- J

- J

djtrickeeFeb-10-06 04:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#11946, "RE: think I got a smok'n deal."
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by J
If I were U (still working on car, no carputer yet although given a TON of though - I'm a PC guy) I'd definately get a USB wireless network adapter. In fact, given all the crap U can put on those, U better get a USB hub. This way, U can actually transfer stuff (songs/etc) from your place to your car in the driveway. Also, if there's any WiFi hotspots in the area, U can check your email & such quick & easy. I'm envious, enjoy! - J

lol.
no carputer? but giving out advice on what he should get. you should get!

Now that SiuEclipse and tim97rs are gone, I think its only me that has a fully functional carputer running. My newest mod is a second 7" touchscreen that rises from the dash hump for my megasquirt and zeitronix info. the primary is the music, video, HVAC, phone, and internet. good luck with that and get ready to replace about 89% of what you just bought! starting with that crappy ass power supply.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

JFeb-10-06 05:47 PM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
#11950, "RE: think I got a smok'n deal."
In response to Reply # 4
Feb-10-06 05:48 PM by J

Originally posted by djtrickee
lol. no carputer? but giving out advice on what he should get. you should get!

Why, you don't like the Xenarc? lol

Well... I'm an IT/MIS Manager by day w/ my Eclipse being my 'continued education', not the other way around. So yes, I'm quite capable of dumping the $$$ into gadget'ing it up, but I'm still working on making it go faster. My main problem is time, I only have so much of it & usually only weekends if that.

Having the VIA, his options are much more limited on power tho. All depends on what you wanna do with it. As for me, if I had the time, I'd go the miniATX route w/ the 150Watt Opus for a decent video card to play the latest games, but hey... here's to dreaming

A very nice car dj, don't ever sell out
- J

- J

djtrickeeFeb-10-06 06:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#11951, "RE: think I got a smok'n deal."
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by J
Originally posted by djtrickee lol. no carputer? but giving out advice on what he should get. you should get!
Why, you don't like the Xenarc? lol Well... I'm an IT/MIS Manager by day w/ my Eclipse being my 'continued education', not the other way around. So yes, I'm quite capable of dumping the $$$ into gadget'ing it up, but I'm still working on making it go faster. My main problem is time, I only have so much of it & usually only weekends if that. Having the VIA, his options are much more limited on power tho. All depends on what you wanna do with it. As for me, if I had the time, I'd go the miniATX route w/ the 150Watt Opus for a decent video card to play the latest games, but hey... here's to dreaming A very nice car dj, don't ever sell out - J

haha
that cracks me up. how could i ever sell out when no one would ever pay what i would want for it. I will let it rust in the backyard before ever selling it out.

PS- he should be getting the opus 150 no matter what MB he is running. but is suspect he has the M10k in that shell which plays really nicely with the opus 150. thats what i run and its mucho supremo to any other DC-DC PSU or ITPS setup. fo'shizzle.

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com

JFeb-10-06 07:30 PM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
#11952, "RE: think I got a smok'n deal."
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by djtrickee
haha that cracks me up. how could i ever sell out when no one would ever pay what i would want for it. I will let it rust in the backyard before ever selling it out.

lol, that's funny & glad to hear... unfortunately, I keep getting shocked over & over from all 'you' long-time Eclipse madmen (I don't come close to qualify for that title, lol) who abandon ship for something 'newer' or 'different' or whatever reason.

I've owned 3x 2GNT's so far, and still lov'n it
- J

- J

ModeratormicyekFeb-11-06 03:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
#11954, "RE: think I got a smok'n deal."
In response to Reply # 7

whats wrong with the PSU?

BTW...about the only thing I plan on doing with this is MP3s, EIC tunning and maybe GPS. I'd like maybe some day do the HVAC thing...anlong with other controlls like windows, lights, winshield wiper/washer...shit like that, but that's a ways away.

this thing is way better than the crappy Pentium Two laptop I have...plus more conveniant. That'll get sold on ebay once I getting this carputer going.

Also is there an FM tunner for computers? I like listening to the radio still and would very much like to ditch my current headunit all together. I've looked and looked and about all I've found is the "radio shark".

getty up

-kent-

JFeb-11-06 04:58 AM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
#11957, "RE: think I got a smok'n deal."
In response to Reply # 8

There's several diff USB FM Tuners actually and that'd be one of them... if I were you, I'd start searching & reading up on all of them and decide for yourself.

Mp3car has got some really good forums, go here:
http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/
and SEARCH

As for me, cuz I'd go the full-fledge PC route, I'd definately be getting an ATI All-In-Wonder x800XT or higher (which has a FM tuner built in). If I ever get my Eclipse where I want it to be mechanically, you just might see me get there too

- J

- J

ModeratormicyekFeb-12-06 04:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
#11966, "RE: think I got a smok'n deal."
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by J
There's several diff USB FM Tuners actually and that'd be one of them...

how about some names

getty up

-kent-

djtrickeeFeb-12-06 04:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#11967, "RE: think I got a smok'n deal."
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by micyek
Originally posted by J There's several diff USB FM Tuners actually and that'd be one of them...
how about some names

search... www.mp3car.com...

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com

ModeratormicyekFeb-12-06 04:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
#11968, "RE: think I got a smok'n deal."
In response to Reply # 11

whatever

getty up

-kent-

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11940 Previous topic | Next topic