Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11903
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Looking for good enclosures" Previous topic | Next topic
bradakoJan-28-06 09:09 PM
Member since Jan 29th 2006
7 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11903, "Looking for good enclosures"

Im trying to find good enclosure for my 12" subs. What I want to do is place one on both sides of the trunk within the pits of the hatch. I seen it before but can not find it anywhere online. When I do searches all I come up with is kick panels and enclosures that I am not interested in.

Furthermore, my OEM radio went out and my cd player is spitting back cd's on me. Any solutions?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
VOTBLINDUBJan-30-06 02:34 PM
Member since Dec 29th 2003
403 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11914, "RE: Looking for good enclosures"
In response to Reply # 0

thats called stealth boxes http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_stealthbox_pages.php?page_id=168
i dont think they have them for our cars, but if u go to a shop to get one made, thats what you want.

I just wish my car was as fast as it was loud. people tell me i should use my sub to push it, it might go faster.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

djtrickeeJan-30-06 06:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#11915, "RE: Looking for good enclosures"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by VOTBLINDUB
thats called stealth boxes http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_stealthbox_pages.php?page_id=168 i dont think they have them for our cars, but if u go to a shop to get one made, thats what you want.

Umm yes they do...

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

95_ESi_PersonJan-30-06 09:36 PM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
#11916, "RE: Looking for good enclosures"
In response to Reply # 2
Jan-30-06 09:37 PM by 95_ESi_Person

Originally posted by djtrickee
Umm yes they do...

Where on the site? I didn't find any for the Talon or Eclipse.

I'm looking for the same thing so I can fit 2 10" subs in the rear.

I know MTX made stuff like that, I should check their site to see if they still make vehicle specific enclosures.

As for the CD thing... new head unit? I have an Alpine head unit and I am more than pleased with it, it is a hell of a lot better than the old Kenwood I had.

eclipse_99rsJan-31-06 09:33 AM
Member since Apr 11th 2002
2659 posts,
#11917, "RE: Looking for good enclosures"
In response to Reply # 3

JL makes them, I've seen them before. They are pretty damn expensive though.

myspace.com/coastiecobb

95_ESi_PersonFeb-01-06 03:23 AM
3260 posts,
#11921, "RE: Looking for good enclosures"
In response to Reply # 4

Did you post this topic twice, or am I seeing things?

Yeah, I'm still not seeing it on the JL site.

MTX site does not have one for our cars.

I have a question though, which direction is the speaker supposed to face?

VOTBLINDUBFeb-01-06 06:50 PM
403 posts,
#11922, "RE: Looking for good enclosures"
In response to Reply # 5

bass is non directional, you can point it anywhich way and you will still hear it.

I just wish my car was as fast as it was loud. people tell me i should use my sub to push it, it might go faster.

95_ESi_PersonFeb-01-06 07:00 PM
3260 posts,
#11923, "RE: Looking for good enclosures"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by VOTBLINDUB
bass is non directional, you can point it anywhich way and you will still hear it.

I may have found otherwise.

http://www.installer.com/tech/aiming2.html

I got bored today and turned mine around (they were facing front) and are now facing rear, I did notice a difference. While facing front sounded clear, facing rear sounded deeper and louder.

Then again, 2 10's reverberating off of plastic soon should be louder than facing directly into a cloth seat.

VOTBLINDUBFeb-02-06 01:15 PM
403 posts,
#11924, "RE: Looking for good enclosures"
In response to Reply # 7

you read it wrong, theyre changing FRQ's. that changes the sound not pointing it. trust me man, i compete for SQ, i have to know

95_ESi_PersonFeb-02-06 06:21 PM
3260 posts,
#11925, "RE: Looking for good enclosures"
In response to Reply # 8

ok

EclipseTenzoRFeb-07-06 05:44 PM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
#11933, "RE: Looking for good enclosures"
In response to Reply # 9

Some will agree with me that sometimes it does make a difference on which way you have the sub faced. Whether you have it faced rite up against the back of the trunk or the subs are pulled all the way back towards the seats. Bass can resonate differently off of its environment. For example my girlfriends jeep had a soft top system sounded alright, she put the hard top on bass resonates more in the enclosed area and sounds alot more detailed. This has always just my personal opinion. Best of luck finding a box though, I wish JL still made the stealth box. There comes a time when you value the trunk space in your daily driver.

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11903 Previous topic | Next topic