Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11737
View in linear mode

Subject: "What do you think about this setup?" Previous topic | Next topic
powelldsDec-09-05 01:08 AM
Member since Jul 06th 2003
916 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11737, "What do you think about this setup?"

Here's what I am going to get, lemme know if there is anything wrong with this setup and what amp I should use. Tweets and 5.25's in the front here:http://www.cardomain.com/item/INFPERFECT51

10" sub woofer here:http://cgi.ebay.com/INFINITY-KAPPA-PERFECT10d-VQ-10-SUB-PERFECT-10d-VQ-NEW_W0QQitemZ5838199580QQcategoryZ3291QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and 6x9's for the rear here: http://www.cardomain.com/item/INFKAPPA6937I

What amp should I get?? I know I need something to take care of the the dual voice coil for the sub right? Let me know what you guys think. TIA.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: What do you think about this setup?, Blk95GS, Dec-10-05 02:05 PM, #1
RE: What do you think about this setup?, powellds, Dec-10-05 05:39 PM, #2
      RE: What do you think about this setup?, Blk95GS, Dec-10-05 07:13 PM, #3
           RE: What do you think about this setup?, InFiNiT3, Dec-11-05 09:41 PM, #4
                RE: What do you think about this setup?, powellds, Dec-13-05 12:59 AM, #5
                     RE: What do you think about this setup?, powellds, Dec-13-05 02:37 AM, #6
                          RE: What do you think about this setup?, VOTBLINDUB, Dec-13-05 08:48 AM, #7
                          RE: What do you think about this setup?(LONG but good info), InFiNiT3, Dec-14-05 07:14 PM, #8
                               RE: What do you think about this setup?(LONG but good info), SPL_Eclipse, Dec-15-05 02:13 AM, #9
                                    RE: What do you think about this setup?(LONG but good info), InFiNiT3, Dec-15-05 08:55 AM, #10

Blk95GSDec-10-05 02:05 PM
Member since Jan 22nd 2002
214 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11738, "RE: What do you think about this setup?"
In response to Reply # 0

Also, with those 6x9's running at 2 Ohms you'll need an amp for them.
Can't be good for the HU amp.
Looks like this setup would rock. Kappas can scream and 10" perfects hit clean.

note: I'm too poor to be an audiophile... so I'm easily impressed.

-T

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

powelldsDec-10-05 05:39 PM
916 posts,
#11739, "RE: What do you think about this setup?"
In response to Reply # 1

So, what amp should I get since I'll have to push the 10 and the 6x9's? Thanks for the input.

Blk95GSDec-10-05 07:13 PM
Member since Jan 22nd 2002
214 posts,
#11740, "RE: What do you think about this setup?"
In response to Reply # 2

Well, the 10" perfect that I heard (and liked) was run by the Alpine 5 channel amp. It was the model before the V12's, like 50x4 + 100x1 at 4 ohms. I'm fairly sure the current models are more powerful. One of those should complement your speaker set nicely.

That way you can amp all your interior (components can soak up juice, better to be on an amp), your 2 Ohm 6x9's, and your sub. This should offer all the adjustment you could need as far as balancing the front/rear speaker's volume, frequencies, etc. Like I said earlier, I'm not "in the know" on high end equipment, specs, brand reps, etc. but I've only had good experiences with Alpine and Infinity. I've wanted a system like this myself for years.

-T

Travis

InFiNiT3Dec-11-05 09:41 PM
Member since Sep 01st 2002
732 posts,
#11741, "RE: What do you think about this setup?"
In response to Reply # 3

personally since u have multiple resistances... i would run the jl 500-1 amp for the sub and the 250-4 for the rest.... reason for that is so u dont have to really worry about the wiring configuration and some speakers ie 4ohm sounding softer than the 2 ohm sounding disorted or softer than they should... the JL amp regulated PS should keep those head lights from dimming under high volume as well bud.

mods include but not limited to:
engine: AEM cai , pp head / TB / intake runners, Chikira 4-2-1 header , custom 2.5" exhast / pacesetter high flow cat/flowmaster2 muff,1mm over sized SS valves,PT valvetrain, AEM cam gears/pully set, prothane motormounts,440 injectors , ground kit.
Trans: Custom ATX (1 of a kind) poly-graphite steels , kevlar clutches , final drive , shift kit,3500 stall TC, Tourqe Wonder trans chip ($120.00 2gnt price only!!email for order info)

powelldsDec-13-05 12:59 AM
916 posts,
#11743, "RE: What do you think about this setup?"
In response to Reply # 4

Hey, thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it.

powelldsDec-13-05 02:37 AM
916 posts,
#11744, "RE: What do you think about this setup?"
In response to Reply # 5

By the way, do you have part numbers or model numbers for the amps? Thanks.

VOTBLINDUBDec-13-05 08:48 AM
Member since Dec 29th 2003
403 posts,
#11746, "RE: What do you think about this setup?"
In response to Reply # 6

you can buy my amp if you want. i can also sell you my front components. i use only MB Quart shit for my car. ive taken home trophies for sound quality already. let me know if youre interested.

I just wish my car was as fast as it was loud. people tell me i should use my sub to push it, it might go faster.

InFiNiT3Dec-14-05 07:14 PM
732 posts,
#11754, "RE: What do you think about this setup?(LONG but good info)"
In response to Reply # 6
Dec-14-05 07:27 PM by InFiNiT3

ya actually they made it real ez bro... those are the part #'s lol

jl 500/1
and
JL 300/4

also nicknamed the "slash" series
heres the info i was talking about b4... just better explained

Detailed Information:

R.I.P.S. stands for "Regulated, Intelligent Power Supply" and is a central feature of JL Audio's “Slash” series amplifiers. The remarkable R.I.P.S. System™ ensures consistent power delivery over a wide range of battery voltages and load impedances.

"Regulated" means that the power supply adjusts its operation so as to maintain the amplifier's rated power output and low distortion operation over a wide range of vehicle voltages (11V-14.5 V).

Conventional, unregulated power supplies allow rail voltages to sag in direct proportion to drops in the supply voltage. This can result in significant power losses when battery voltage decreases, even if those voltage dips are short in duration. This manifests itself audibly as increased distortion.

With a JL Audio “Slash” series amplifier, the rail voltage and clean power output remains stable in real-world systems, resulting in superior fidelity and stability.

The "Intelligent" portion of the R.I.P.S. System is a circuit that actually monitors output current to optimize the amplifier's output power over a wide range of load impedances (1.5 ohm to 4 ohm per channel).

Conventional amplifiers are designed to produce optimum power at a particular impedance (2 ohm, for example). When asked to run above that impedance (say, 4 ohm), these amplifiers lose power (half their power from 2 ohm to 4 ohm). This will not happen with a JL Audio “Slash” series amplifier because the R.I.P.S. System detects the actual impedance being driven and adjusts output rail voltages to deliver optimum output. The entire process is seamless, automatic, and results in incredible dynamics for satellite channels and consistent power output for a wide range of subwoofer configurations. It also takes into account the real impedance of the system, rather than relying on often inaccurate assumptions based on a speaker's rated impedance.

The bottom line of the R.I.P.S. system is: Optimum power, at any impedance between 1.5 ohm and 4 ohm per channel, at any vehicle voltage between 11V and 14.5V.

as opposed to 90% of the amps on the market... heres a look at JL's low line amps:

Rated Power: 800W
Rated Power 12.5 V: 480 W RMS x 1 @ 4 ohm
800 W RMS x 1 @ 2 ohm
Rated Power 14.5 V: 640 W RMS x 1 @ 4 ohm
1000 W RMS x 1 @ 2 ohm
THD at Rated Power: 12.5V: <0.08% THD, 20 Hz - 250 Hz
14.4V: <1% THD, 20 Hz - 250 Hz
S/N Ratio: >90 dB referred to rated power (A-weighted, 20 Hz – 250 Hz noise bandwidth)
Frequency Response: 10 Hz – 250 Hz (+0, -1dB)
Damping Factor: >500 @ 4 ohm / 50 Hz
>250 @ 2 ohm / 50 Hz
Input Range: 200mV – 8V RMS
Dimensions (L x W x H): 15.75 in. x 9.25 in. x 2.36 in.
400 mm x 235 mm x 60 mm

or even compare to the (dubble the price) Fosgate top of the line 1000 W amp (notice between the ******)

Channels 2
******Per channel power 250W x 2 @ 4 Ohms RMS
1000W x 1 @ 2 Ohms RMS
500W x 1 @ 4 Ohms RMS Bridged
Total power 1000 Watts*********
Bridgeable Yes
Crossover 12dB/octave Butterworth
HP/AP/LP crossover
Variable 40-400Hz
Tone controls Bass Control
variable 0dB to +18 dB @ 45 Hz
Signal input Low level -
Quantity -
Type - RCA (1 pr.)
Voltage - TBA

High Level - TBA
Quantity -
Type -
Line output TBA
Phase control
Power input Connector - Block
Wire gauge - TBA
Speaker output Screw terminal strip
Power supply topology MOSFET
Output topology MOSFET
Display Power - top mounted RF Swirl
Protect - top mounted LED
Thermal - top mounted LED
Heatsink Type - Cast
Protection Yes
Remote control Included
Type - Wired
Controls - Bass 0dB to +18dB
Class A/B
Marine use no
Specifications
Stereo/Mix mono Yes
Frequency response 20 to 20k Hz +/- 0.5 dB
Dimensions H 2.4" x W 11" x L 17.7" (inches)

the JL (slash) series however will be the same wattage no matter what the impedance (ohms)
so say u got the 1000/1 instead of the 500/1.... run 1 , 2 ,3 4, 5, fuck 100 subs.. and the amp will still pump out 1k watts..
as opposed to saying that u have to run 2x 4omh subs wired up paralell and bridged at the amp to get 2 ohms and 1k watts out of the amp.This will also save your the problem i have... of literally melting fuses to the casis of the amp due to the massive power draw (amperage) my amp pulls at 1ohm.

Anyway dude sorry if i bored ya... but i hope this helps while your shoppin'. If you have anymore questions feel free to pm or email me.

jake
aka
MrInFiNiT3
aka
THA ATX GOD

engine: AEM cai , pp head / TB / intake runners, Chikira 4-2-1 header , custom 2.5" exhast / pacesetter high flow cat/flowmaster2 muff,1mm over sized SS valves,PT valvetrain, AEM cam gears/pully set, prothane motormounts,440 injectors , ground kit.
Trans: Custom ATX (1 of a kind) poly-graphite steels , kevlar clutches , final drive , shift kit,3500 stall TC, Tourqe Wonder trans chip ($120.00 2gnt price only!!email for order info)

SPL_EclipseDec-15-05 02:13 AM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
#11757, "RE: What do you think about this setup?(LONG but good info)"
In response to Reply # 8
Dec-15-05 02:14 AM by SPL_Eclipse

the top image is the THD+Noise for a lanzar 1200d, the second is a JL 500/1 (3x the price). regulated ("RIPS") amps have been around for a while, but apperantly marketing has been around long enough to make us forget.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

InFiNiT3Dec-15-05 08:55 AM
732 posts,
#11759, "RE: What do you think about this setup?(LONG but good info)"
In response to Reply # 9

that the sheet for the new lanzar amps? i loved to old ons bro..... back in the day... in my old 3 series running 4 dc10's man i miss that set up

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11737 Previous topic | Next topic