Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11724
View in linear mode

Subject: "question about remote start/factory keyless entry" Previous topic | Next topic
EvMan2345Dec-01-05 07:00 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11724, "question about remote start/factory keyless entry"

im thinking about putting a remote start on my dads jeep cherokee. He has the factory keyless entry. All the remote starts i have seen come with keyless entry too. Can i just not wire up the door locks and what not and just use the remote start? having the doors locked is no big deal while its running (only outside my house in the mornings). Or is there a way i can use the stock keyless entry with the aftermarket remote start?

Evan B
92 TSI
97 GS- sold
90 GSX-sold
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

InFiNiT3Dec-02-05 10:40 PM
Member since Sep 01st 2002
732 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11727, "RE: question about remote start/factory keyless entry"
In response to Reply # 0

yes u can use the stock keyless... what yr |?
02:19:18pm DarkOne> They'd have had to brought a whole fucking JUG of KY.
02:19:28pm InFiNiT3> lol no shit
02:19:39pm DarkOne> and a funnel.
02:19:45pm grain> have to get the ky with warming
02:20:00pm InFiNiT3> i feel sorry for the 18 y/o (one was 17 one 18) his name was plaster'd all over the news n news paper
02:20:06pm DarkOne> Yeah, has to be warming.
02:20:06pm BuckNutty> jus spit on it and it'll go in
02:20:17pm InFiNiT3> aye the ky w/ warming any good>
02:20:45pm grain> never tryed it
02:20:50pm grain> i applyed for a sample on thier website
02:20:56pm BuckNutty> evan didn't complain any
02:20:56pm BuckNutty> it felt nice
02:20:57pm InFiNiT3> lol
02:21:01pm grain> i use id glide whne she dries
02:21:06pm grain> good stuff
02:21:45pm InFiNiT3> thnx for the new sig guys
02:21:45pm DarkOne> Are we still talking about fucking dead chicks?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

EvMan2345Dec-03-05 11:21 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
#11729, "RE: question about remote start/factory keyless entry"
In response to Reply # 1

its a 2000 but it doesnt have the immobilizer chip (black head key). I just basically want to know if i buy a remote starter, do i have to hook up the power door locks and what not? I just need that to remote start. I dont care about having 2 controls.

Evan B
92 TSI
97 GS- sold
90 GSX-sold
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

SPL_EclipseDec-03-05 08:54 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
#11731, "RE: question about remote start/factory keyless entry"
In response to Reply # 2

you can do anything you want to. theres two options:

1) make the install VERY easy by only using the remote start function on the aftermarket alarm, leaving you with 2 remotes, or...

2) consolidate everything into your aftermarket remote by bypassing the stock alarm and only using the aftermarket unit. there will be a LOT more wiring, but it may be worth it. check out www.installdr.com or contact the alarm manufacturer for details.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

gramozekaDec-17-05 12:50 PM
Member since Aug 16th 2005
327 posts,
#11767, "RE: question about remote start/factory keyless entry"
In response to Reply # 3
Dec-17-05 12:58 PM by gramozeka

I am not a pro so u might choose not to listen to mee. I am doing a research on what alarm I want to get so not so long ago I read an article about alarms that are coming out next year and some company is planning on making plug and play alarms that will plug in directly in to your cars wiring. So you might whant to wait/ research more about that.
Also my friend had grand charokee and he had 3 remotes. The 2 original remotes had a coolest features they would adjusts your seat depending on which remote out of two you are useing. 3rd remote was maybe viper and it was a remote start. You are risking to loose that function(seat adjustment) intalling a completly new one. How ever if you do enough research and some electrical work I am sure you can wire a new one and keep all the old functions.

Edit: Article I read, not the most technical but hope it will help http://twice.com/article/CA6268433.html
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
98 Stock Talon ESi
Mods: New spark Plugs, and UDP
I know spark plugs are not a mod but the car runs so smooth now.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11724 Previous topic | Next topic