Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11722
View in linear mode

Subject: "how to run two HU's???" Previous topic | Next topic
BuckNuttyDec-01-05 01:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11722, "how to run two HU's???"

gonna be getting a flip up HU from my friend real cheap, but it doesn't play burned cd's. How exactly might one run two HU's?? Is there a special harnass i can get? or do i have to hardwire the bitch in? I have a 2001 Maxima, btw.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

joeck76Dec-01-05 03:04 PM
Donating 2GNT member
880 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11723, "RE: how to run two HU's???"
In response to Reply # 0

hard wire it in with your existing hu and if your hu has an a/v in jack in the back run your audio signal to it that way you only use the one hu for your audio out source. the other cd player should just be hooked up to power and ground and switched power, no speakers, than run the signal out from that radio to the signal in in your main hu than when you wanna listen to the burnt cds select aux on your hu and power the one on that doesnt have the speaker wires hooked to it and your good to go

98 RS: Mods: Custom Stage 2 Turbo kit , 55mm throttle body, gutted cat, evo cat back exhaust, p/p intake manifold,p/p Head, af-x underdrive pulley, B&M short throw shifter,Built bottom end Je pistons eagle rods 8.8:1 compression.

Custom stage 2 hahn turbo kit
Hahn Super 16g turbo (ceramic coated)
Hahn manifold (ceramic coated)
Hahn Downpipe assembly
Hahn intercooler piping smic
Hahn oil line kit
Type s bov
2G Gsx smic
walbro 255 fuel pump
Synapse missing link
Vortech s-fmu
NGK Bkr7e11 Plugs
A-pillar w/boost, a/f, oil pressure gauges

New Addition: 2007 Eclipse GT 6 speed

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

VOTBLINDUBDec-13-05 08:45 AM
Member since Dec 29th 2003
403 posts,
#11745, "RE: how to run two HU's???"
In response to Reply # 1

if you have an input on the flip up you can, if not, no go bud

I just wish my car was as fast as it was loud. people tell me i should use my sub to push it, it might go faster.

SPL_EclipseDec-14-05 03:14 AM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
#11748, "RE: how to run two HU's???"
In response to Reply # 2

if neither HU has an auxilury input, you can also run a signal splitter switch (availible at ratshack among other places) for the RCAs. you will need to hardwire (power and ground) both headunits in no matter what you do. the only problem is that the RCA selector boxes are quite large and ugly, lol.

the other option is to use an FM modulator to introduce the signal from one HU to the other, but that should only be used as a last resort (horrible SQ and gain losses).

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

BuckNuttyJan-05-06 06:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#11811, "RE: how to run two HU's???"
In response to Reply # 3

the HU is a PanasonicCY-VMD9000U and the brain is a CA-TU7000U. I know its old....but not bad for $100. It has a cd/md input....so i figure thats my aux.

Thing is I have a Bose factory HU and system...i hear they are pains to deal with.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11722 Previous topic | Next topic